Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Traveller gears messed up!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 08:44 PM
supergenesis
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traveller gears messed up!!

well the other day i took the traveller out and noticed a noise coming from the rear, so i looked at it and made sure everything was tight and took out today and ran for about 15 min and the gears are shot, it sounds like they are stripped out, its non of the ones noticeable when just lookin at with body off so were would i start to find out? when you hit the throttle you can hear the gears spinnin and the buggy is barerly moving.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:59 PM
busa 2002
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Traveller gears messed up!!

hi might be layshaft gear missing main diff gear.take back right wheel off look from side to see if gears are ok if they are might be diff but you can check diff see if one wheel goes one way and other goes the other way.with these cars must loctite engine mounts on bottom of car and upper rear diff and car brace if they loosen up will cause gears to jump teeth.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:32 AM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

If the differential case is spinning fast and the car is not moving then it is most likely the bevel gears inside the differential. My Firehammer differential unit got toasted this way. Months before this happened I had the screws for the differential ring gear back out. In this case, the ring gear will spin but the differential will not spin. You will want to do these observations with the wheels on the ground if possible so that the wheels have a proper load on them.

We have discussed differential issues recently. See this thread and another I referenced there with this link:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_35...tm.htm#3542580

Ken
Old 11-15-2005, 10:38 PM
supergenesis
My Feedback: (1)

OK THANKS, YEA IT DEFINITELY ISNT ANY OF THE LARGER GEARS NOTICEABLE FROM LOOKING AT WITH BODY OFF, SO IT MUST BE THE DIFF. sorry caps on.