Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FG MB living it's own life....

Old 11-17-2005, 06:33 AM
BlackieL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FG MB living it's own life....

I've had som problems with my MB....it sometimes while i was driving it just took off...and decided to take it's own course....
I use to have the stock reciever and transmitter which was a Hitec Agressor FM ...but changed that to a Futaba 3pm-FM and changed the reciever too (Futaba R133F),and added a failsafe...(the failsafe was suppose to function against bad radio signals only).....But still no change....my last trip ended up in a concrete wall at almost top speed........The damage was surprisingly small...the front shock mount broke....and the chassis was bent....but not that much that it's not fixable i think....do anyone have any suggestions on what might be my problem?.....could it be my reciever batt.?....its almost new....charged 5-6 times.....
Old 11-17-2005, 06:51 AM
HeatFire

Default RE: FG MB living it's own life....

you can have some metal on metal that makes some bad signals.. or some old.. hmm lol now i forgot the name.. kullager... ballbearings.
alot can mess up the signal for you.. and the spark plug cap can make some signals to...
Old 11-17-2005, 07:05 AM
Mad Wax

Did you make sure the failsafes were enabled and set to the shutdown level? There's the battery low level failsafe (which you can enable) then a preset for the servos- you hold the position on the throttle (full back) then press the button.

I've had low battery failsafe kick in, thank god. My old Hitec Ranger II had several runaways and I only replaced it when it did £120 worth of damage (kicks myself)
Old 11-17-2005, 07:34 AM
radio_controlled_mad

ive had some problems with cheaper failsafes doing there own thing - i think they cant tell between a really flat battery and a loss of signal so they tend to kick in when battery loses power through normal running,but ive had friends use the same failsafes and they have had no probs what so ever.if you can afford it get a receiver & transmitter that has failsafes built in like the futaba 3vc & 3pk - a cheaper method is to set up some kind of throttle return spring as used on some nitros,theres threads on this if you do a quick search - as for the bent chassi,even if you do manage to get it straight it will have a weak spot unless you know some one with a tig welder to add some kind of brace
Old 11-17-2005, 07:36 AM
BlackieL

The car is quite new....been driven 5 hours....max.....the failsafe was set to cut of speed....not to hit the brakes....(dunno why i didn't set it to brake)....but the failsafe never activated....so i don't think it's the signal which is beeing messed up..?...or maybe it is....could the spark plug cap cause interference when it look fine and is brand new?.... guess i gotta get me a failsafe which goes for low level as well.....
Old 11-17-2005, 08:10 AM
Automan

Maybe you should check your servos, cables between servos and rx, look for glitches etc and look over the servos. Check the rx crystal, and really do a all cable checkup, if that dont help get that cap for the sparkplug. That's just some ideas.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:17 AM
Cyberfyn

Mine too had a lot of interference problems..... Until I fitted a metal suppressed plug cap that is. Cured the car in 10 mins.

Ian F.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:32 AM
BlackieL

tnx....now i got some things i'll check up on....let's just hope i can figure out the problem.....don't wanna be stopped by such a annoying thing....hehe....and driving my Mini-T doesn't give quite the same feeling as driving my MB......