Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

.:NEW:.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 09:04 PM
processmonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .:NEW:.

Hi, Ive been thinking of getting an FG Radio Controlled car, not sure which yet, Maybe the Honda Accord, BMW M3 GTR or maybe one of the trucks, Ive had a nitro RC car a while now, but have only used it a few times, I was wondering if the FG 1/5 cars are good for novice's? Any help would be great, Thanks

p.s

Ive seen that there are a few different models, Like the Eco, Sports & Comp versions, I live in the UK and the Comp ones cost quite a bit, But ive been lookin around on the net, And have seen some pretty good deals on the Sports & Eco versions, I was just wonderin also, Which is the best to get? I dont plan on racing it, But i read on the net that if you wanted to, You can uprgrade them to Sports or even Comp.

Thanks again

Old 11-23-2005, 09:50 PM
gonsped69
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .:NEW:.

If you don't plan to race it, based on my personal experience and others is that you will get bored quickly buzzing around the parking lot or some wide open space. This applies for on-road cars usually - offroad cars can be used on any surface and is "more" fun although its a different type of fun.

If you still want to bash around, buy the ECO version. It's simply more plastic and no carbon fibre/alloy parts that are needed in racing to keep stiffness up and tunability more accurate with the often use of modified engines.

The ECO model is designed for entry level people to RC Large Scale but bear in mind that these cars are 2WD and don't have quite the same grip and maneuvrability of a 1/10 car. The tires need to be warmed up just like real car tires or it won't grip properly.

Due to the bigger weight, there is more momentum in these vehicles and you use that to your advantage. It's not as instant on/off as a hot nitro motor, there is a little "lag" - just like full size cars.

Hope that helps a little