Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

honda 4 stroke in a 1/5th scale?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

honda 4 stroke in a 1/5th scale?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 06:56 AM
Raco1967

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://youtu.be/FK4eZk1JAvE
Honda Gx35
Old 04-17-2014, 01:29 PM
Nosedragger

That didn't answer the question
Old 04-21-2014, 02:14 PM
mooman007uk

and so it begins...http://www.ecotrons.com/products/hon...injection_kit/ pricey but no doubt as this technology starts to evolve it'll get cheaper, hot cams and forced induction will hopefully come on line fairly soon.

and like it or not, eventually all 2 strokes will be banned in our part of the world and europe due to the misguided and deeply flawed religion, based in total fantasy, (aren't they all) known as tree hugging aka enviro-mental-ist movement (also known as greenies)...
i did hear a while back that the epa wanted the sale of new carbureted 2 strokes totally banned by 2018 but that has proven to be unfounded...however they are doing it by the back door method by greatly tightening up emissions laws hence the introduction now of 4 stroke garden tools
the boat motor industry has already been legislated on emissions fairly heavily hence the 4 stroke revolution and e-tec clean burn 2 strokes and there are more, much stricter, emissions laws on the way
and now the powers that be are now targeting garden tools as a source for high pollution levels so no doubt our engines will be tarred with the same brush and will suffer the same emissions laws

Last edited by mooman007uk; 04-21-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:40 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

they wont touch hobby engines.....

small engines for things like weedwackers already have these restrictions on them... I mean look at some of the carby.s they have... no HSN
Old 04-23-2014, 02:38 PM
Nosedragger

Originally Posted by mooman007uk
and so it begins...http://www.ecotrons.com/products/hon...injection_kit/ pricey but no doubt as this technology starts to evolve it'll get cheaper, hot cams and forced induction will hopefully come on line fairly soon.

and like it or not, eventually all 2 strokes will be banned in our part of the world and europe due to the misguided and deeply flawed religion, based in total fantasy, (aren't they all) known as tree hugging aka enviro-mental-ist movement (also known as greenies)...
i did hear a while back that the epa wanted the sale of new carbureted 2 strokes totally banned by 2018 but that has proven to be unfounded...however they are doing it by the back door method by greatly tightening up emissions laws hence the introduction now of 4 stroke garden tools
the boat motor industry has already been legislated on emissions fairly heavily hence the 4 stroke revolution and e-tec clean burn 2 strokes and there are more, much stricter, emissions laws on the way
and now the powers that be are now targeting garden tools as a source for high pollution levels so no doubt our engines will be tarred with the same brush and will suffer the same emissions laws
Actually there have been cams available for the Honda for the last 10 years. There is also an EFI unit out there that is not a heavy,large and expensive unit like the Ecotron.Losi is using it on their rally car.

they wont touch hobby engines.....
They will get to RC eventually, if not through engine emissions it will be through a ban on RC altogether.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:30 PM
mooman007uk

where can one get the cams? link please. i know losi is using the efi but it's the ecu mapping that caught my eye with the system in the link...something that is tune-able is key for making power where you want it.

i know many rc'ers poopoo 4 bangers, i was the same back when 500gp bikes changed to moto gp...never thought the 4 strokes would be able to fill the old 2 strokes shoes...boy was i ever wrong... granted it still takes more cc's to get the power but the power they make now is ridiculous and the ability to map that power is too cool...i'm totally into with a 4 stroke revolution in our rc world...bring it on

i think the manufacturers will be forced into dropping 2 strokes via the emissions...maybe not in Asia for a few years but defo in the west...i'd have to assume the likes of zenoah are already working on a 4 stroke... and not for our rc's but for the motors they supply to the garden tool world which is probably 1000 times or more the size of our market
Old 04-23-2014, 10:59 PM
Raco1967

there will be no revolution has 4 stroke engine in RC!
there are alternative between traditional motor 2 times and 4-stroke engine for use garden!
the 2-stroke engine has ressiclage of burned gas for example.
the 4-stroke engine is still quite expensive, the GX35 engine or 25 are not powerful enough to use competition, and too large and difficult to build primary transmission level!
contruire a specific 4-stroke engine competition fifth would be too costly and difficult maintenance for many used
Old 04-23-2014, 11:09 PM
Raco1967

To please dale eyes
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image7031.jpg
Views:	1691
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	1989444  
Old 04-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Nosedragger

what is that?
Old 04-26-2014, 12:44 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mooman007uk
where can one get the cams? link please. i know losi is using the efi but it's the ecu mapping that caught my eye with the system in the link...something that is tune-able is key for making power where you want it.
Somebody found the EFI that Losi is using and the link is in the 5ive Rally thread. If you go to the website of the original company who makes the EFI they say it is tunable via a computer link. I forget the details and I have no idea if ignition timing is EFI controlled or not though. It's also not yet known if Losi has disabled the ability to tune the EFI or not.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:57 AM
Raco1967

I do not understand!
Fact that in this case Losi EFI?
Old 04-26-2014, 07:06 AM
Nosedragger

Originally Posted by Maj_Overdrive
Somebody found the EFI that Losi is using and the link is in the 5ive Rally thread. If you go to the website of the original company who makes the EFI they say it is tunable via a computer link. I forget the details and I have no idea if ignition timing is EFI controlled or not though. It's also not yet known if Losi has disabled the ability to tune the EFI or not.

you have a link to that thread?
Old 05-07-2014, 04:59 PM
mooman007uk

despite endless searching i'm yet to find the cams available for the last 10yrs as you stated...where the hell are they? please give me more info..link would be nice
these engines rev to 7800 stock but they can be made to rev higher...i'm ready to start fiddling but want a cam to start...getting one ground in my neck of the woods will cost as much, or more, as the motor