Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Removing Engine

Old 12-29-2005, 07:25 PM
RC_Feen
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Engine

How hard or easy is it to pull an engine from a Marder Race? I'm trying to identify if the 26cc big bore was done on my car before I baught it. The recoil says G260RC but on the case it says G230-RC1. So it looks like I'll have to pull the engine to pull the head and measure the bore or piston size. Any suggestions let me know!
Old 12-29-2005, 08:15 PM
R.Robinson
Banned

Default RE: Removing Engine

their is a easy way of checking ???start the engine and hold your hand next to the cylinder head checking for a lot of cooling air from the flywheel.(opposite the recoil. You should feel forced air passing over the cylinder head. if their is none then you dont have the 26 cc kit. If you remove the engine and remove the cylinder then you better rebuild the gaskets.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:20 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

There is an easy way to check involving weep holes on the jug but I can't remember the diference. I am sure someone does. When you bought the buggy did the previous owner tell you the had done the big bore conversion? Does the jug(upper) look newer than the crank case(lower)? I have both motors let me look at both and I will tell the differences I find.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:30 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

Email me a picture of the motor. Make the pic upclose of the left side focus on the bottom of the jug just above the clutch.
tdtwo@hotmaildotcom
Old 12-29-2005, 10:12 PM
turnell

if you pull the enine out and take the engine covers off and look at the top of the cilinder head there should be a small hole in it, if not its a G230.

..........TURNELL..........
Old 12-30-2005, 10:33 AM
RC_Feen
My Feedback: (1)

R.Robinson.....There is alot of air coming from around the cylinder head when the engine is running. I'll take pictures of the engine later this evening. Thanks!
Old 12-30-2005, 10:43 AM
Mad Wax

To remove engine remove four screws under the chassis (engine mount) remove screw on the diff-engine aluminium plate, remove roll cage (easier to lift) remove pipe, remove steel rod that connectors to carb horn. Remove and plug the two fuel lines.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:46 PM
ibstar

and brake rod
interesting mine has 230 on pull start but is ment to have the 26 kit on it