Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Question about tuning FG

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 02:11 PM
brianquinn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about tuning FG

How often do You have to tune the gas engines? Do they stall alot?
Old 01-07-2006, 02:21 PM
hellya

Default RE: Question about tuning FG

during my breakin run I adjusted the carb, I never have had to do it again.............. this isnt a nitro
Old 01-07-2006, 04:44 PM
5150Cat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yuppers, once again hellya is right. I adjusted it a little during break in and have never touched it since. Gas is stupid simple! It rocks!

And neither of mine have stalled, ever. They will idle awesome and there's not nearly the issues you have with the 2 stroke nitros loading up.

Old 01-08-2006, 12:15 AM
tizdaz

also the other thing ive noticed on pertrol compared to nitro...

on my nitro trucks they would sometimes stall if i applied brake too long, i tried everything to solve it, engine was tuned fine etc..but i always had this prob on 2 different trucks....with petrol i always have a huge grin on my face when i apply the brake, the engine dont even bog down one bit, even at a stand still with brake still applied, it just sits there ticking over nicely.... love it! :-)

as for the tuning part.. i still need to do mine, ive finished running in the engine, just need to set the HS setting, LS is fine & no probs, but now when i go over 3/4 throttle... its holding back a little, so im hoping a little bit of a turn of the HS needele i should be sorted :-)
Old 01-08-2006, 06:04 AM
J_D

I've had no probs with my marder clone, only had to slightly richen the LSN and now its perfect
Old 01-08-2006, 08:51 AM
Mad Wax

ORIGINAL: brianquinn

How often do You have to tune the gas engines? Do they stall alot?
Hardly ever , perhaps once year. A engine should run without stalling once, once set the low idle value. It should run until the tank runs dry...I bet if you were to connect up a 1gallon tank it'll go through that without stalling!
Old 01-08-2006, 03:20 PM
5150Cat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian,
Easy way to think of it. How often do you hear somebody blowing off their lawn with a leaf blower and them cussing and trying to restart a killed off gas leaf blower.....never!

Same engine type just with a few more mods. More or less those same engine reliability. These things just rock! I'll save my pissing and moaning for my nitro after it stalls out! LOL!