Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Top speed of FG monster beetle

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 10:44 PM
brianquinn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top speed of FG monster beetle

What is the top speed of ther monster beetle pro, stadium truck and monster truck?How about with the jetpro pipe
Old 01-12-2006, 12:12 AM
teamchrome
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Top speed of FG monster beetle

Dont know speed, but the Jetpro is amazing.
Good looks and a sound that is like a dirt bike.
You will notice a differance in performance.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:18 AM
Cyberfyn

Mine did 150mph with the FG pipe on..... Or was it 50mph? Who cares!
Old 01-13-2006, 01:01 AM
Fin-Chef

In our clubs event last summer, I have driven with my MB on police radar 80km/h. The track was sandy and it was quite hard to get MB stay in radar. Also I had to be very carefull because there was quite alot spectators. MB had tunep pipe ang 18/46 gears.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:46 AM
Kemo

ORIGINAL: teamchrome

Dont know speed, but the Jetpro is amazing.
Good looks and a sound that is like a dirt bike.
You will notice a differance in performance.
I tried telling that to the MMR guys, but of course they boo'd down the pipe and said its for "scooters", not rc.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:22 PM
turnell

A friend of mine has an MB that he converted from a MARDER. his brother in law is a police man and he shot his MARDER with the radar and clocked him at 68mph if a recall correctly, then after his MB conversion it hit 71mph, i dont know how he achieved that kind of speed, i have a MARDER and a MB and niether mine hit those speeds, my MARDER hit 58mph and my MB hit 59mph. maybe its the way he's tuned the engine or something, but when your car is going that kind of speed who cares.

..........TURNELL..........
Old 01-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Kemo

since when do you "mates" use MPH?

just had to use the "mates" heh, everyone from the UK refers to us as the Yanks :P
Old 01-13-2006, 02:43 PM
turnell

since forever, always have probably always will for some reason we like to complicate thing by doing everything the opposite way to the rest of the world, and i was wrong bout the speeds i emailed my friend and he said his MARDER top speed was almost 84mph wich is phenominal for n R/C car, and his MB was slightly over the speed of the MARDER. i don't know if i'm explaining this correctly but if a GO-PED with a G230RC engine with minimal upgrades can hit around 60mph should we not expect more from our R/C's seeing as its half the wieght and isn't hauling a 170lb pearson on the back.

..........TURNELL..........
Old 01-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Kemo

But u guys use metric right? We are livin in the stone age with our ASE sizes and what not..."US IMPERIAL" crap.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:32 PM
Cyberfyn

We are mostly metric now in the UK, but our road signs are in miles, and our cars have MPH on the clocks. It can get confusing talking to the old boys who are all imperial.... 3/16? What the F*** are you on about! do you mean 25mm?

There was a court case recently where a local butcher was selling his meat in pounds and ounces and the government prosecuted him because the bloody EU (back off brussels!) now says we should sell everything in metric.

Mate.

Ian F.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:08 PM
mike76

Are u guys serious with these speeds.Is this really in mph?If so what kind of upgrading did you do?
Old 01-14-2006, 01:21 PM
2pock
My Feedback: (4)

Well Mike76 it is possible from a 5th scale on-road im sure of ! I had one the was clocked at 86mph ! Of course the car was copletely set up for racing(gearing, tuning etc.). So I am sure that an on-road can hit these speeds. Now im tring to see what kind of speeds I can get outta my FG MT.
So far ive got a 29cc (soon to be perfectly tuned), boost box, and a Jetpro pipe. Everything else is stock for now. Im looking into the gearing to see whats the best combo !
Old 01-14-2006, 03:21 PM
HeatFire

well my hmm nr.1 enemy StefanL ran his marder on hmm 22/44 in gearing.. and still had some ok acceleration.. so i guess crazy high speeds is achivable.. achiablkfkjgfd.. well you know what i mean.. did your friend change gearing? well if he didnt that bigger tires would have made some higher speeds.. my marder teoreticly does about 40mph.. maybe he got a leak in his pipe that makes it over rev?:P a onroad = small tires.. offroad = big anyone can put up a pic on the difference??