Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

LOOKING FOR A SPECIFIC RC CAR/MACHINE...PLEASE HELP

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

LOOKING FOR A SPECIFIC RC CAR/MACHINE...PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 08:07 PM
Gutozao

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOOKING FOR A SPECIFIC RC CAR/MACHINE...PLEASE HELP

My friends...

...I know after reading this some of you might think I'm crazy, but upfront I want you to know that I'm not. I am after a SPECIFIC RC vehicle which I saw -- WITH MY OWN EYES -- about 10 years ago. Yes it is a long time but I remember like it was yesterday. At a store that sold many electronic things in Westchester County, NY. Behind the counter was the most BEAUTIFUL RC car I have ever seen. It had the shape of a Formula One car (still sporting the old chassis, without the raised nose). It was entirely yellow -- no decals, stickers, with a fixed "driver" in the cockpit -- and must've been at least 4 feet long and maybe 2 feet tall -- it was a MONSTER. It had real, big, rubber tires, suspension arms, etc. Basically it was a very big replica of a Formula One car at the time. Unfortunately the guy who owned the store was Oriental and barely spoke English. When I asked about the size (scale) of the car, he did not understand. All I remember him clearly telling me is that the vehicle was gas-powered and had to run at a minimum speed of 50 mph. I had never heard of a "minimum speed" for a RC car. The controller, if I remember correctly looked like the older ones, if I'm not mistaken, with two levers -- one with up and down (forward and reverse) and another with left and right. Big antenna also!
Unfortunately he could not give me a demonstration of it working - don't remember why. The last thing I asked him when I left the store was the price, at which point I almost fell back: a "salty" $2,000 USD.
Basically, then, I'm trying to find cars of the same type. Too bad I was only 19 years old at the time and couldn't afford two thousand dollars on a toy. But now that I can, I need to find it. I looked all around the internet for BIG (at least 1:6 scale), fast, gas-powered RC cars (whether they look like a F1 or not) but all the ones I looked at, especially the real fast ones were small in my opinion (usually 1:10 to 1/18 scale!!!)
Would any of you who seem to be RC experts have a clue of what I'm talking about??? Or have you ever come across such beauty of a toy? Remembering it now, I think it was very close to the size of a racing go-kart (or at least a youngster's size one).
THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL OF YOUR HELP!! Look forward to reading your replies!

GUS -- RC Explorer
Old 01-20-2006, 08:38 PM
mnf1sand

Default RE: LOOKING FOR A SPECIFIC RC CAR/MACHINE...PLEASE HELP

You saw a 1/5 scale F1, could have been one of a few different manufacturers. The most common today is the FG sportline or competition. Look through the post here and you will find lots of info.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39920.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	391757  
Old 01-20-2006, 08:41 PM
mnf1sand

Here is another fun action pic.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37597.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	391763  
Old 01-20-2006, 09:01 PM
wayneuk

http://www.fg-modellsport-gmbh.de/ha...3-formel1.html
hope this helps u find your dream machine m8
Old 01-20-2006, 10:06 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

I agree those; cars have the same affect on me! I wish I had a place to race them without a 4+ hour drive to Ohio. At my last research $2800 might get your foot in the door but not on the track. If you are truly interested in one of the beauties you should speak to Troy at FGPerformance (see link at the top of this page).
Old 01-20-2006, 10:19 PM
J_D

Don;t try and get into racing straight away - you may not enjoy it, Once you get this car the "thrill of the chase" might be over and you might not like it as much anymore.

I'm probably completely wrong tho - But get some experiiance with the car first before thinking about racing.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:27 PM
quarterscalelegends

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

10 years ago and 4ft long.... sounds like a 1/4 scale to me. They are MUCH bigger then the 1/5 scale cars. It sounds like the Yankee brand to me, could have been Raco, but Yankee was bigger and about that price.

These are pictures of the Yankee brand. Look at my site for more pictures and other brands. WWW.quarterscalelegends.com There were a couple other brands but Yankee and Raco were the most popular.

Old 01-21-2006, 12:31 AM
mnf1sand

ORIGINAL: chowderhead72

I agree those; cars have the same affect on me! I wish I had a place to race them without a 4+ hour drive to Ohio. At my last research $2800 might get your foot in the door but not on the track. If you are truly interested in one of the beauties you should speak to Troy at FGPerformance (see link at the top of this page).

we have a few guys that run within a second or two a lap of the comp cars with entry level sportlines. They can be had for a lot less the $2800. In some ways the sportline works better, like a lot less weight, more chassis flex to help bite. I saw sportlines running in the european championships in sweden last year.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:32 PM
Croozer
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Gutozao

must've been at least 4 feet long and maybe 2 feet tall
That don't sound like a F1 to me.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:20 PM
Gutozao

Thanks to everyone who replied! WOW, I can't believe you guys know what I'm talking about! Like I said, I wasn't too sure on the size, but I know it was a big one (much bigger than 1/6's)....and I was amazed at the size of the tires on it. Now, here comes more questions. Are these cars you guys sent me a pic of costly? Is $2,000 USD a far-fetched number or is pretty accurate? And...is is true they have to run at a minimum speed of 50 mph? Last one: where can I get my hands on one of them? I hope they have Ferrari, McLaren, Williams look-alikes. Once again, THANKS A LOT TO ALL OF YOU.
Let's go racing!

Gus
Old 01-21-2006, 06:57 PM
MnMikeRC

We carry the FG Formula 1 cars and the parts to go with them You can find our ad at the top of the page and go into the site to see the cars.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:59 PM
teamchrome
My Feedback: (4)

Check E bay.
There have been a few and they were 1/4 scale Raco.