Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

fg marder or baja?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 02:26 PM
q8murder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fg marder or baja?

i know the baja is not out yet but i am asking which to get and my problems are that the baja will not be in my lhs so i will order it and i will hve no spare parts! and my lhs has many marders and all the parts! but i wanted to know which is faster and more riliable and if any one has a marder is it like the baja's rechargable battery from the car (it has a jack in the car)?
Old 01-24-2006, 02:44 PM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: fg marder or baja?

Get the Marder if your shop carries it. If you have the cash get the Leopard race instead. They both can come with a 26CC engine so it will be faster that the 23cc in the HPI. You will aslo be able to get more options for the FG right now.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:15 PM
tizdaz

Baja aint released yet, so no one knows how good it will be, or more to the point how many problems it will have at release, on release im sure it will have some problem(s) which will need to be sorted.

As sellwa said, Marder or Leopard race if u can afford it, FG has been around a long time, getting parts/hop-ups are are widely available
Old 01-25-2006, 04:52 AM
Cyberfyn

Duplicate post. Damn XP and Norton AV !
Old 01-25-2006, 04:54 AM
Cyberfyn

The Marder & leopard are old technology now (1980's), but are still excellent cars. Big heavy and prone to high energy damage though. I sold my MB last year after having a real blast. But a Baja 5B will be joining the fleet as soon as it comes out. HPi make good durable (and more importantly bashable) cars I've always loved the Savages and currently have a 4.6 which would run rings around an FG.... For about 10 mins until the tanks runs dry

Ian F.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:22 AM
TurtleRacing

It's not exactly accurate saying that the FG will be faster because of displacement, you forget that weight equals HP. Why not wait & see? What if the baja is as good as most HPI products & the aftermarket responds? You will miss out on cheaper more available parts. jmo

Sorry cyb, i wasn't replying to your post,i just screwed up & did quick reply.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:09 AM
SELWA

The Hpi is lighter that a FG and smaller engine. It's close to the weight of my Harm. If I was bashing with a Baja I know it would bounce of mine since I have at least 5 LBS more in weight. I have no problem trying this theory out with anyone who gets one. .

Sine the shop carries FG get a FG. Buy the time you wait to get a Baja you will have several months of fun!!
Old 01-25-2006, 08:28 AM
TurtleRacing

You will find that on this forum you'll get 95% anti baja so take it for what it's worth. I'm all for trying something new & not going with the OLD ways, but that's just me. I also have plenty of things in my life to enjoy that I don't need to worry about having fun right now & making rash decisions for the moment.

I don't know what "I know it would bounce of mine" even means?
Old 01-25-2006, 08:59 AM
radio_controlled_mad

you will find on this forum you'll get honest good or bad opinions of all makes of large scale - not just back slapping a company or buggy that aint even released - so take the pro baja from members who have only posted in baja threads for what its worth as its hard to gage what a unreleased model is like untill you actually drive it for real to see its stengths & weaknesses,i suggest you save your cash for a few more weeks if your not sure what large scale to buy then you can get some real reviews from forum members who have bought and used the baja instead of buying into "ANY" company hype - afterall its only a toy - enjoy whatever you buy.......there all fun

"OLD" ways = tried,tested,proven,supported

"NEW" ways = what does it do different!!!,part support!!,reliability!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 09:36 AM
TurtleRacing

You can bet there's no FG back slappin goin on here!!! [:-]
Old 01-25-2006, 11:59 AM
SELWA

ORIGINAL: TurtleRacing

If a vehicle is heaver than another and they happen to bump each other the lighter one will always bounce away. It just physics that's all. I've had this happen several times and I'm always the one left standing.

Since he has support for FG's that's the better choice unless he wants to wait for the Baja. Either way it's still his money.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:56 PM
TurtleRacing

Now I get it! Some times those missing letters throw me "off"
Old 01-26-2006, 08:17 AM
q8murder

how old is the fg marder?? and i think iwill wait and see what people say who have tested both ! and in lardge scale cars does any engine fit any car??
Old 01-26-2006, 08:27 AM
badz

according to FG.....

1990 Development, production of chassis parts and testing of the first model Marder.
1991 Delivery of the first Off-Road model Marder in June 1991, after 20 months of preparation.
so 1991 to now..15 years
Old 01-26-2006, 08:28 AM
radio_controlled_mad

ORIGINAL: q8murder

how old is the fg marder?? and i think iwill wait and see what people say who have tested both ! and in lardge scale cars does any engine fit any car??
fg first car was the marder 13year ago but they have built on that chassi over the years into most of there offroad range right upto 2006 with the stadium truck,there is plenty of bolt right on engines to choose from but there more are less all the same from stock.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:42 AM
badz

ORIGINAL: radio_controlled_mad

fg first car was the marder 13year ago but they have built on that chassi over the years into most of there offroad range right upto 2006 with the stadium truck,there is plenty of bolt right on engines to choose from but there more are less all the same from stock.

So FG's website is wrong?
Old 01-26-2006, 08:46 AM
radio_controlled_mad

well im not going to argue over 2 years - its abit petty...what i do know that they still have part support wether its 13 or 15 years later thats good enough for me
Old 01-26-2006, 08:51 AM
badz

I know traxxas claims the MB's around 13 years...I wasn't sure about FG, I heard 12 years...so I looked it up...they're going on 15 years...pretty decent if ya ask me...plus say's they've won world championships and european one's as well...someday I'm gonna own me one of them bad***** FG F1's
Old 01-26-2006, 08:57 AM
J_D

ORIGINAL: SELWA

If a vehicle is heaver than another and they happen to bump each other the lighter one will always bounce away. It just physics that's all. I've had this happen several times and I'm always the one left standing.

Since he has support for FG's that's the better choice unless he wants to wait for the Baja. Either way it's still his money.
momentum is speed and weight

If the baja is travelling faster than the FG and they hit - the FG will "bounce off"

Old 01-26-2006, 10:02 AM
TurtleRacing

That's Funny!!!!
Old 01-26-2006, 11:51 AM
SELWA

ORIGINAL: J_D

If the baja is travelling faster than the FG and they hit - the FG will "bounce off"

Hahaha FG bounce off?? My FG with a 26cc and Samba at the lowest gearing is faster that a 23cc with a 2 speed. And it's also 31lbs as well.

Bumber cars anyone???
Old 01-26-2006, 12:03 PM
TurtleRacing

You are hte man,but my daddy can still whip yours!!![X(]
Old 01-26-2006, 08:31 PM
J_D

ORIGINAL: J_D

Hahaha FG bounce off?? My FG with a 26cc and Samba at the lowest gearing is faster that a 23cc with a 2 speed. And it's also 31lbs as well.

Bumber cars anyone???
Remember, I said 'IF'
Old 01-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Croozer

i know the baja is not out yet but i am asking which to get and my problems are that the baja will not be in my lhs so i will order it and i will hve no spare parts! and my lhs has many marders and all the parts! but i wanted to know which is faster and more riliable and if any one has a marder is it like the baja's rechargable battery from the car (it has a jack in the car)?
There are no Baja's on the market, so how do you expect to compare the two?
Old 01-27-2006, 04:29 AM
q8murder

i dont !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.