Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Servo reverse using y harness ????????

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Servo reverse using y harness ????????

Old 02-07-2006, 09:45 AM
amitysanimal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo reverse using y harness ????????

I am adding another servo using a y harness to run my front brakes. I need to reverse the servo, but i can't use the servo reverse option on the radio because it will reverse the throttle servo too. Is there any way to reverse one servo? Can I switch a couple wires around to do it?
Old 02-07-2006, 09:49 AM
radio_controlled_mad

Default RE: Servo reverse using y harness ????????

you can add front/back brakes & throttle onto one servo - or just turn the 2nd servo round in the radio tray
Old 02-07-2006, 10:14 AM
8000ft

no you can not switch any wires, there's only one signal wire. yes you can turn the whole servo around or easer yet is to put the arm on the other side.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:36 AM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

Yup switch the servo around or use the other side of the servo horn for the rod attachment.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:57 AM
badz

flip it around or [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAFN1&P=ML]these[/link] work if you can't flip it
Old 02-07-2006, 12:51 PM
amitysanimal

I can flip the servo horn, but it will be at a bad angle for the rod to run the brakes and the horn will rub on the lexan cover. I tried flipping the servo around and that doesn't work. I had to reverse the servos on my radio and cross the throttle and brake rods. I noticed in the FG catalog that they have the rods crossed and I guess this is why.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:34 PM
badz

$20 servo reverser be the way to go if you don't like the crossed rods...I've crossed rods alot in planes never had issue's but those don't go thru the constant abuse the cars do..the rods are usually piano wire it doesn't wear fast so you should be fine
Old 02-08-2006, 12:28 PM
R.Robinson
Banned

Fliping the servo dosen't work. The servo works the same either way. A Expert servo reverser $9.50 at local hobby store.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:47 PM
8000ft

I don't understand why your having problems. I'm running the same set up that you have (servo for thr/brk and servo for frnt brk) with no problems or crossed rods.

which way do have your servos orientated? splines closer to the front or back of the truck?

are the servos of the same brand?

how are the horns and rods orientated?

mine are if standing in back of the truck looking down,
1. splines closer to the rear of the truck
2. all Hitec
3. rear brake rod to the far left, closest to the left side of the chassie.
throttle rod on the right hand side of the same horn as the rear brake.
front brake servo also with the splines closer to the rear of the truck with the horn pointing to the right side chassie, the rod connection is also close to the right chassie.

I don't know if this helps at all, but I'm just confused with your difficulties.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:58 PM
amitysanimal

I am using Hitec 645 servos, the T/B servo has the shaft towards the rear and the front brake servo has the shaft to the front. The T/B servo needs to be towards the rear so the T/B rods will reach. I need to have the shaft to the front on the front brake servo so the rod will reach the cable splitter. I also have the lexan cover and need to be sure the servo horn stays towards the center. If I didn't use the lexan cover I could set it up like yours with the servo arm towards the right side. I prolly could have cut the cover to make room I guess. I think it will work fine the way I have it. If you look in the FG catalog, on most of the off-roads they have the T/B rods crossed.

Where did you mount your receiver and failsafe? I have a 3rd servo too, I have it hooked up so I can shut it down from the radio. I think I have it figured out where I am going to put it all, but I'm curious how others have done it. Using the lexan cover makes it a little more difficult, but I like the protection it gives my servos and receiver.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:47 PM
J_D

u reiever will have to go on top of ur battery's with a small bracket thing to attach it to the rollcage
Old 02-08-2006, 10:48 PM
amitysanimal

ORIGINAL: J_D

u reiever will have to go on top of ur battery's with a small bracket thing to attach it to the rollcage
That will not work well with the lexan cover. And I don't think it would clear my exhaust manifold.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:16 PM
8000ft

I bought a small black box (2"highx2.5"widex5"long) and put my radio, failsafe, on-off switch, and battery pack for my head lights in it. I got it at Radio Shack. I attached it to the back side of my front body posts. It works great, very water resistant because of it's location.