Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

does your samba mt pipe leak

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 05:32 PM
wayneuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does your samba mt pipe leak

hi ive a fg st truck with a samba mt tuned pipe . I have found where the two pipes meet iam getting oil residue leaking out over the tank and engine and making a mess of my model to the point of where i want to remove it ! ive tried new samba replacement o rings @ the rip off cost of £9.99 to go out and find it covered in shi* again time after time.(they suck why not make it a one peice pipe ) .... i have now removed the pipe cleaned both with degreaser smearing the manifold where the other pipe join's with instant gasket replaceing the pipe with the expensive o ring kit onto the manifold & fixing into place attaching retaining spring removeing excess instant gasket from manifold(a wet finger works a treat ) & leave to set overnight

The next day

Its set run 3 tanks through it today and had a right blast not one bit of oil engine was clean fuel tank was clean it works wonders and iam enjoying using my truck again @ £2.99 i shall never by aonther set of samba o rings again .
Old 02-15-2006, 05:53 PM
hellya

Default RE: does your samba mt pipe leak

try using a thicker guage O-ring to create a snugger fit
Old 02-16-2006, 04:49 AM
radio_controlled_mad

clamp abit of silicone or ptf tubing around the joins - all 2 strokes spit unburned oil from the exhaust but if its alot then your mixtures are wrong
Old 02-16-2006, 05:13 AM
quantum2plus2

I've never had a leakage problem with my samba but I know people who have.
I managed to solve both leaks for them by making sure that the pipe wasn't at a angle to the header/manifold by adjusting the bracket.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:05 AM
Automan

I had a little leak on mine in the beginning, but that was probably because i had raised it in the front bend (at the shocktower fastening place) a little bit higher then it should, solved it permanent by adding a second o-ring inside the pipe, simple and works without any spill at all since then.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:35 AM
wayneuk

i tried larger o rings but then i could not pipe the pipe onto the manifold as It was to snug a fit ..instant gasket is the one for me as i said it is working gr8 now .as i have fitted the samba mt pipe on my st i had to lower the stocktower end to accomadate my lower stance fg st body .so yes there probly was some missalignment between the two where they join .(should the instant gasket fail any time in the near future i shall weld it and make it one peice )
www.wayneandrews.co.uk
www.putfile.com/wayneuk
thanks for your replys
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86398.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	409317   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47550.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	409319