Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

hitec servo question?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 05:54 PM
bigger the better

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hitec servo question?

Help

I just ran my MT wide open throttle over the snow bank and into the ditch! Why did you do that my son asked? Well because my hitec HS-5645MG digital ultra torque servo just stopped working for approx 15 sec. I investigated it a while and found that the servo is failing every so often and for different amounts of time. It's just loosing power. I checked all the connections and battery power and all is fine. The stering servo has no problems thank the lord because at least I was able to control the caos which developed. Is the servo trashed? Is this common with this type of servo?
I'm installing the Z590 Hi-Torque servo I got with my Spektrum DX3 right now to replace it. Is there a better servo to run for your throttle/brake.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23151.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	410733  
Old 02-18-2006, 07:39 PM
hellya

Default RE: hitec servo question?

I use 2 Hitech 645s for the steering and brakes.... 805BB for steering no problems so far
Old 02-18-2006, 08:43 PM
tizdaz

it seems a few people have problems with that particular hi-tec servo but usualy burning out, what you mention seems to be caused by loss of siginal which *might* be summit to do with your receiver?
Old 02-19-2006, 10:54 AM
bigger the better

I thought the same thing but the radio and receiver are new and it seems to only do it only with this servo not the steering servo. I looked at the back of the radio and the receiver and both green lights stay lit and the steering still goes so I don't think siginal loss is the prob. I will be testing the new servo for any prob today. Just thought mabey there was something with this digital servo that starts to cause it to fail like this.
Thanks..
Old 02-19-2006, 11:29 AM
bigger the better

Well it happened I changed out the servo and all was well. I rechecked the hitec and it started doing it again and now has stopped for good - Guess it was slooowly burning out if thats possible RIP. Time to go get a better servo!
Old 02-20-2006, 07:31 PM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: hellya

I use 2 Hitech 645s for the steering and brakes.... 805BB for steering no problems so far
Hi Hellya how did you wire up your 805 servo did you use the y harness. And how many battery cells are you using 6 or 7cells at what milliamp amount. One last thing.... do that 805 servo move pretty slow or pretty quick. Thanks for your reply
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67812.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	412306  
Old 02-20-2006, 08:37 PM
hellya

Yes I use the Y harness and I run 5 C cell - 1.2 v or 6.0v 3300mah
Old 03-07-2006, 04:47 PM
bigger the better

WOW! Sent in the servo to Hitec to see what could be done - They fixed it and sent it back!!! Said they found a cold solder or loose wire. I did'nt think service was around like that anymore. That sure makes me think twice when ordering my next one. Another satisfied customer.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:29 PM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

hitec is pretty good about stuff like that, I had my mini servo go out on my 1/18th scale and sent it in and they sent me a new one free.