Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

HPI ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 07:21 AM
thopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI ????

So where is the HPI buggy? No posts from HPI and no new info. Are they close and far away? Also how about that 4x4 that was supposed to come out by Christmas from ...I cannot remember ther name. This is a funny industry. At least GM says the new camaro will not be out until 2009...that is what HPI should have said. I hate the misinformation they put out in order to salvage a few orders that they would have lost to the competition without the phoney release dates.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:38 AM
StefanL

Default RE: HPI ????

HPI´s site says out april 2006. There was a thread here a few days ago where august was mentioned, but I think that was just to get all the HPI fans arunds here all rowdy... So I think it will be out april.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:47 AM
kiora

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

noyt sure where he got his info from but take a look at his home page regaurding the HPI.

[link=http://www.sgmodels.com/]HPI BAJA[/link]

Col.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:26 AM
TurtleRacing

HPI USA says March, Tower says early March & the Hellfire 4x4 has been released for a while now. August is the release for the FG Baja not HPI. So, it could be anytime between now & 2009 for the HPI buggy.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:20 AM
original.mb

ok people place your bets
Old 02-23-2006, 11:15 AM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

I see the HPI and the FG Baja out this year. But then again it's like the weather forecast, sunny and they it rains!! [:@]
Old 02-23-2006, 05:39 PM
bribeguy

The HPI Baja I'm happy to wait for. At least HPI has a solid record for good products, and at least they have been updating the release info on their website. The wait sucks, but I'm sure it will pay off in the end.

That Power Racing 4x4, however, is the one that is annoying me. Info was released before the Holidays saying it would be out RTR for ~$1000 by X-mas, and yet since then there has been nothing. No update to the website. No updates in the forums. No new pics (aside from a few in mags from some recent trade show where the proto-type was on display).

You'd think jumping into the market of a 1/5 4x4 Monster Truck would be something you'd be pushing as company, seeing as you'd have a virtual monopoly on the market with the exception of the far more expensive MCD vehicles. As such, I'm surprised this vehicle seems to have just dropped of the face of the RC world.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16387.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	414211  
Old 02-23-2006, 05:54 PM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: thopper

So where is the HPI buggy? No posts from HPI and no new info. Are they close and far away? Also how about that 4x4 that was supposed to come out by Christmas from ...I cannot remember ther name. This is a funny industry. At least GM says the new camaro will not be out until 2009...that is what HPI should have said. I hate the misinformation they put out in order to salvage a few orders that they would have lost to the competition without the phoney release dates.

Too bad Gm is dropping their great GTO,they didn't sell enough of these babies too keep it agoing, sorry for going off topic again
Old 02-23-2006, 06:29 PM
crv

It seems,(according to an e-mail from HPI), that they are modifying, parts and durability of the Baja5. lt should be out by the end of march. Don't quote me on this. As I am not the source. The following was an e-mail, sent to an Rc'er, also waiting to purchase one. He e-mailed HPI and this is the answer he got back:

[b[b]] Reply from HPI:......."We are making sure that the Baja 5b will be awesome straight out of the box!
After testing different parts some changes to the specification have been made to improve the durability of the Baja 5b. These changes have meant a delay on the release but we think this is better than letting the public do our testing![/b] The Baja 5b will be much better than a Marder or the other 1/5 scale buggys currently available.... I would wait and when you have it people with other 1/5 scale buggys will envy you!"[/b]

This message was recieved on January 17-2005..........Again, I am not the source. Apparently, they want to get it right the first time....In that sense you can't blame them.. Though they should have, in this case not announced it's arrival so quickly..before working out all the bugs...This is where they messed-up...they do make good products though....
Old 02-23-2006, 09:16 PM
SELWA

Has anyone heard of the engine used for the HPI before??
Old 02-24-2006, 11:30 AM
34Ford
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im also anxious to see this buggy. I sold my Firehammer for 3 helis and I may be selling them for this.
Also hope 3rd party parts go well for them. More tires and body choices.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:08 PM
fgbasher
My Feedback: (10)

the HPI has a CY 23cc engine in it.