Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FIREHAMMER parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 09:39 AM
Jager 247

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FIREHAMMER parts

i have been trolling the forums for sometime now. i figured i'd go ahead and make a post to help some of you guys with your problems. i have read that alot of you guys that have the firehammer talk about parts that break. Alot of the parts that you have mention, are under duratrax stress test and they will replace them for free. but you guys keep buying them. i have had my firehammer for over 1 1/2 now and when ever i breaka part i call them up and tell them about it. then they just send me a new part no questions asked, i have mailed a broking part to them yet. i have even got a spur grear when it went out and it wasn't under the stress test. duratrax is great with there costumer service. jus thought i let you guys know that you should have to buy all those parts that you guys are breaking.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:38 AM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: FIREHAMMER parts

I bought my Firehammer used so I have no warranty.

I did buy an electric Evader ST new before that. The warranty procedure stated in the manual said I would have to mail the part back to Duratrax. The postage and packing materials are more expensive than the parts. I also didn't want my model to be down that long. I just spend a few bucks for the new part and move on.

Being able to call Duratrax and say, "Trust me. My Firehammer is under warranty. Send me parts I say I have broken." is a pretty sweet deal. No proof of purchase, no confirmation the parts claimed are actually broken. I guess if Duratrax wants to run such a loose and easy warranty claim program with the general public that is their choice.

I think it is poor customer service on Duratrax part that they don't allow local shops to offer over-the-counter StressTech warranty replacements. The dealers could police the warranty issues and send the parts back in batches. The cost to the dealer would be minimal because it's just the plastic stuff. It would be an incredible feather in Duratrax's cap to allow local shops the ability to do this. Traxxas, HPI, AE and others would look at lot less attractive to consumers if they did not follow on and offer the same warranty and service.

Oh well, just my $0.02

Ken
Old 02-23-2006, 12:15 PM
Jager 247

i have an account set up with duratrax. they have a copie of invoice and i have been a longtime buyer from them. so hobby shops will replace them for you. i have been to a few shops that said they would as long as i gave them the broken part so they could send it in and get it replace for them selfs. which saves me a few days on shipping. but i try to keep parts they break, stocked in my hobby box of goodies.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:38 PM
kengentry5000

I consider the two Duratrax dealers within an hour of my house to be great to work with. Neither has offered to handle over-the-counter exchanges for the StressTech warranty. One dealer handles warranty issues directly for JR servos but that is it. If you have a dealer willing handle StressTech replacements, stick with them.

I guess it is also pretty generous of Duratrax to continue to replace StressTech parts beyond the 12 month warranty period.

I hope that gravy train holds up for you.

Ken
Old 02-23-2006, 02:37 PM
hellya

Be kind of hard for duratrax to replace my Parts on my firehammer
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98441.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	414103  
Old 02-23-2006, 04:14 PM
kengentry5000

Don't need no stinkin' StressTech warranty for that BLING
Old 02-23-2006, 07:11 PM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: kengentry5000

I bought my Firehammer used so I have no warranty.

I did buy an electric Evader ST new before that. The warranty procedure stated in the manual said I would have to mail the part back to Duratrax. The postage and packing materials are more expensive than the parts. I also didn't want my model to be down that long. I just spend a few bucks for the new part and move on.

Being able to call Duratrax and say, "Trust me. My Firehammer is under warranty. Send me parts I say I have broken." is a pretty sweet deal. No proof of purchase, no confirmation the parts claimed are actually broken. I guess if Duratrax wants to run such a loose and easy warranty claim program with the general public that is their choice.

I think it is poor customer service on Duratrax part that they don't allow local shops to offer over-the-counter StressTech warranty replacements. The dealers could police the warranty issues and send the parts back in batches. The cost to the dealer would be minimal because it's just the plastic stuff. It would be an incredible feather in Duratrax's cap to allow local shops the ability to do this. Traxxas, HPI, AE and others would look at lot less attractive to consumers if they did not follow on and offer the same warranty and service.

Oh well, just my $0.02

Ken

I bought my firehammer used also, and I requested parts, like the windscreens,snap rings so far, and they sent them too me free of charge also, I guess you just need too call and ask. But I do have the paper work from the first owner which he bought it in nov of 2005
Old 02-23-2006, 08:33 PM
zeltava

Loose and easy warranty program? I think we should all be grateful that duratrax has such a good warranty program. Don't bash it just because you can't find a way to use it.