Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Looking for a small engine?

Old 02-26-2006, 01:12 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a small engine?

This one goes out to all of you builder types: Heretique, Honda others. I am looking to mod my LST2 to accept a gas engine but it would have to be pretty small (10-15 cc) to fit the truck. I would also need clutch ideas. If you wish i will post pics of the stock set-up. The Lst2 seems like a great candidate due to the fact that the engine is mounted in the center and is mounted sideways (just like the FG) and uses a dual vertical plate so there are no center diff or tranny issues. What cha got?
Old 02-26-2006, 11:21 PM
Mike@Accurate

Default RE: Looking for a small engine?

Homelite HT-17 hedge trimmers are 16cc. I've used one in a boat. MIKE
Old 02-26-2006, 11:25 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Mike@Accurate

Homelite HT-17 hedge trimmers are 16cc. I've used one in a boat. MIKE
Is there any way you could post a picture of the 17 next to a zen 23-30cc for a size comparison?
Old 03-01-2006, 01:37 AM
Mike@Accurate

With the shroud on, they are only a little smaller than a 23cc (trimmer). Stripped (like for an airplane) the barrel/crankcase is a good bit smaller. Homelites have crappy starters and the clutch drum is part of the trimmer. They have a long crank snout too. Carbs, starters, coils, etc. are all about the same for all sizes of motors. You might be able to get small with the basic block and some custom mods/parts. I might try it in a beater plane some day. I have it in a kinda small (for gas) boat. I don't have enough battery to last as long as a soupcan of gas will go. MIKE