Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

CY MOTOR HOW GOOD ARE THEY?

Old 02-26-2006, 07:09 PM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CY MOTOR HOW GOOD ARE THEY?

I'AM thinking about buying a new motor from daves discount motors for my monster beetle . First choice the CY29RC or another zenoah 260 RC which one do you guy's think is the best. Thanks for your reply's
Old 02-26-2006, 07:35 PM
ratpower396

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CY MOTOR HOW GOOD ARE THEY?

odds are everyone will tell you to go with the zenoah because of its past reputation..I have a firehammer with the cy23cc engine & have had no problems as of yet(knocking wood).To me its whichever name you prefer & how much you are willing to spend to get that name..

Matt
Old 02-26-2006, 07:39 PM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: ratpower396

odds are everyone will tell you to go with the zenoah because of its past reputation..I have a firehammer with the cy23cc engine & have had no problems as of yet(knocking wood).To me its whichever name you prefer & how much you are willing to spend to get that name..

Matt
How doe's it perform for you?
Old 02-26-2006, 07:40 PM
SaintAnger

i agree,

but i would chose a CY just because i think you can mod them easier then the zenoah. both are every good choices though. you wont go wron with either one
Old 02-26-2006, 07:50 PM
ratpower396

my engine is still stock & i am running regular unleaded & belray mc1 2stroke oil at 25-1 ratio & it runs great plenty of giddy up & top end..As far as starting pump primer 6-7 times put choke on 2 pulls,put choke off 1 or 2 more pulls & run it till its empty..

Matt
Old 02-26-2006, 07:59 PM
teamchrome
My Feedback: (4)

Its all about the $ you want to spend.
The CY motors are great in my opinion, I have a CY in my XTM buggy with the 29cc kit and it is more than enough.
For the price go CY for the name brand go Zen.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:08 PM
jimbo1890

If you have to wear NIKE shoes buy the zenoah if you're ok with Dunlop Volley's get the CY
Old 02-26-2006, 08:13 PM
highspeeddirt
My Feedback: (1)

Nicely put!
Old 02-26-2006, 09:06 PM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: ratpower396

Matt
SO far the choice of the cy motor is winning over the zenoah. Thanks folks for your reply's keep them comming
Old 02-26-2006, 09:07 PM
teamchrome
My Feedback: (4)

Get the CY and with the cash you save spend on some other goodies, like a Jetpro pipe or something.
Go for the chrome 29cc with the billet head, very nice.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:19 PM
ratpower396

WOW!!! I thought for sure there would be alot of people pushing the zenoahs im glad to hear the cy is getting the nod so far..

Matt
Old 02-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

With zenoah your not buying the name

You get what you pay for...

"i would chose a CY just because i think you can mod them easier"
loll...if you don't know what your talking about, please don't say it...
Old 02-26-2006, 11:00 PM
SaintAnger

the cy's are easier to mod dr. armomaxx, but i guess your just pro zenoah so your opion doesn't really matter.

and another thing, doesn't chrome hold heat. sure they look neat when they are sitting on the shelf, but i don't plan on having mine on the shelf.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:17 PM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: Dr.ArmoMaxx

Have you had any bad dealings with a cy motor or you just don't like?
Old 02-26-2006, 11:29 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

ORIGINAL: SaintAnger

the cy's are easier to mod dr. armomaxx, but i guess your just pro zenoah so your opion doesn't really matter.

and another thing, doesn't chrome hold heat. sure they look neat when they are sitting on the shelf, but i don't plan on having mine on the shelf.
from this point on...i honestly don't know what to say, and i don't want mods to delete my posts..so....
Old 02-26-2006, 11:35 PM
SaintAnger

hey we got a funny man, seems you can't accpect other peoples opinons. if you look at what i said, i said i "think" CY's are easier to mod. never said they were but form my exp they are but that is an OPINON. NOT A FACT
Old 02-26-2006, 11:40 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

ORIGINAL: aluminum crusher

coming from the goped world...i see lot of people having problems with the cy...mostly the top end cracks or the cases crack..
besides...japanese made > taiwan made
everyone trys to copy the zenoah engines, so no i don't like chung young engines...

but look at it this way...if you are just starting...then get the cy, if anything happens parts are cheap, etc...
but if you gonna what you are doing...then get G260, get it ported, add a nice pipe and nothing can beat that..

about 2-3 years ago, i bought goped gsr40...it had Zenoah G43L engine...i was a noob...i never broke in the engine, as soon as i started the engine...i run it at full throttle..and like that for about a year and half...i rode that thing to school and back everyday...most of the time i didn't even mix the gas with oil...and i always run it at full throttle. And on weekend i would go on mountains and ride it up hills, etc in 90+F degree weather here in cali...and that thing never gave me a singe problem...and finally after year and half i decided to get porting, and i sent the engine to a well know mechanic to do the job....he was amazed that that engine was still running...engine was full of dirt, cilinder/pisont all scratched up, and everthing is covered in thick black carbon....so after having that experience....you think i will buy anything else??? hell no
Old 02-26-2006, 11:52 PM
aluminum crusher

coming from the goped world...i see lot of people having problems with the cy...mostly the top end cracks or the cases crack..
besides...japanese made > taiwan made
everyone trys to copy the zenoah engines, so no i don't like chung young engines...

but look at it this way...if you are just starting...then get the cy, if anything happens parts are cheap, etc...
but if you gonna what you are doing...then get G260, get it ported, add a nice pipe and nothing can beat that..

about 2-3 years ago, i bought goped gsr40...it had Zenoah G43L engine...i was a noob...i never broke in the engine, as soon as i started the engine...i run it at full throttle..and like that for about a year and half...i rode that thing to school and back everyday...most of the time i didn't even mix the gas with oil...and i always run it at full throttle. And on weekend i would go on mountains and ride it up hills, etc in 90+F degree weather here in cali...and that thing never gave me a singe problem...and finally after year and half i decided to get porting, and i sent the engine to a well know mechanic to do the job....he was amazed that that engine was still running...engine was full of dirt, cilinder/pisont all scratched up, and everthing is covered in thick black carbon....so after having that experience....you think i will buy anything else??? hell no
What about this one from DDM http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1645.html at $399.00 it's already ported.
Attached Images  
Old 02-26-2006, 11:53 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

ORIGINAL: SaintAnger

hey we got a funny man, seems you can't accpect other peoples opinons. if you look at what i said, i said i "think" CY's are easier to mod. never said they were but form my exp they are but that is an OPINON. NOT A FACT
So it was easy for you to install a pipe on CY then it was on a Zenoah? Whos the funny man?

you gonna need more then that reason to say chung young's are better....NO THEY ARE NOT BETTER or easier to mod, they are cheaper!!!

And as i said before, just like everything else in this world, you get what you pay for. END.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:59 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

What about this one from DDM http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1645.html at $399.00 it's already ported.
That same guy ported mine...

If you got the money, then go for it, but if i were you, i would make my own engine with 4 bolt patter, like the solo engines..
Old 02-27-2006, 01:37 AM
Kemo

i'd prefer zenoah for dependability, reliability, power and speed. That about sums it up.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:58 AM
Apache-

Have the CY, have it ported, cannot say I found any differance or things I wasn't happy about, inside looked just as nice as the zenoah.
The CY has a high compression, runs smooth and is picking up nicely in the low rpm's
So far not any trouble and after running it in for 15min did push the throttle for full speed, never did the running through many tanks thing.
Just a bit more rich fuel and only at the start to make the engine warm don't beat her up. After that smack her or she'll get lazy

It is a 26CC and cannot compare it realy to the zenoah 23cc I also have. The CY obvious has more torque but I believe it is down to more CC as well.
If it will prove to be as reliable as my zenoah...
So far so good and I am fully satisfied.

As for the price: if it holds up it is IMO deffinately a better buy than the zenoah.
And I do not see why it wouldn't last, ohh well time will tell.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:41 PM
aluminum crusher

ORIGINAL: Apache-

Have the CY, have it ported, cannot say I found any differance or things I wasn't happy about, inside looked just as nice as the zenoah.
The CY has a high compression, runs smooth and is picking up nicely in the low rpm's
So far not any trouble and after running it in for 15min did push the throttle for full speed, never did the running through many tanks thing.
Just a bit more rich fuel and only at the start to make the engine warm don't beat her up. After that smack her or she'll get lazy

It is a 26CC and cannot compare it realy to the zenoah 23cc I also have. The CY obvious has more torque but I believe it is down to more CC as well.
If it will prove to be as reliable as my zenoah...
So far so good and I am fully satisfied.

As for the price: if it holds up it is IMO deffinately a better buy than the zenoah.
And I do not see why it wouldn't last, ohh well time will tell.
Well i orderd a CY 29cc motor from DDM today to try it out while i rebuild my zenoah 260 with the rebuild kit from DDM that i also orderd. This is one way that i will really know which is the best for me. I never re built one of these engines before so i figure it's time to learn. If i don't like the CY 290 i will have the Z 260 to place back in the monster beetle. I will let you guy's know how i feel about the CY 290 over the Z 260 once she arrive and i get her bolted down.
TIIIIIIIMMMMMME IS ON MY SIDE.......YES IT IS[sm=RAINFRO.gif] ( i hope it will be here this friday )

Old 02-28-2006, 12:22 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

Dr.ArmoMaxx I agree with you on you get what you pay for on the engines....Zenoah's are reliable engines and are built a little better than the CY's...It's all about what you can afford I'd say...CY/Sikk are cheaper...Zenoah more...but your not just paying for the name your paying for the quality also. I can't see how either are harder or easier to mod than the others they are basically built the same way most parts interchange if not all.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:50 AM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

well said!! +1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.