Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

February Video from the HPI website

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

February Video from the HPI website

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 07:43 AM
USABaja5B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default February Video from the HPI website

Here is the latest video from the HPI Baja.

[link=http://www.hpibajaforum.com/Videos/bajafeb.wmv]http://www.hpibajaforum.com/Videos/bajafeb.wmv[/link]
Old 03-02-2006, 08:08 AM
No Moa
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: February Video from the HPI website

impressive, i will say that.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:22 AM
J_D

nice
Old 03-02-2006, 01:43 PM
carpy100

whats impressive about it?when it lands from that no more than average 'jump' you hear the chassis slap like a b1tch! and running on sand AGAIN!
Old 03-02-2006, 01:50 PM
TurtleRacing

Apparently your one of those guys that jump your FG off of tall buildings with no problems. Completely stock & out of the box, 50' jumps, no problem!! Why is it you feel the need to act like this?? If you don't like it leave it. Nothing about it is going to impress you & your high standards so go brag about you awesome handling, unbreakable, high flying FG!! Funny, I've never seen a video of a FG jumping that far, or atleast the aftermath!!!
Old 03-02-2006, 02:15 PM
StefanL

Looks nice in the video, no doubt. Sure the chassis slam the ground, but that is to be expected, and an FG would do the same...

I´m getting a little tired though of these promo videos, why don´t they hand a car to someone independent for a test instead? You know, manufacturers videos are like dyno charts, you can get them to show basically whatever you want with the right amount of work and preparation. I know, the car isn´t finished, and this vid is just to keep up interest in the car. HPI wouldn´t release a car for testing when it´s not finished...

I am not slamming the car at all, it looks very nice. It´s just that I don´t like this kind of marketing tactics. But I am sure HPI didn´t mean for it to end up this way either.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:28 PM
CodeToad

ORIGINAL: carpy100

whats impressive about it?when it lands from that no more than average 'jump' you hear the chassis slap like a b1tch! and running on sand AGAIN!

LOLOLOL![sm=lol.gif]

Come on people, its enough. Even if you have 1000% love for the FG stuff, a new product to the market = more competition = all companies have to up their game. It's a win for everyone, so chill.

BACK ON TOPIC! The video rocks, I can't wait!
Old 03-02-2006, 02:42 PM
HeatFire

the longer suspention and the nice look will kick some FG asssssss but i love my FG
lets race
Old 03-02-2006, 03:06 PM
hellya

How come you guys have 2 buggies??? and the rest of us dont even have 1........ I thought there were only 2 prototype buggies in total.... one is in Germany right now

I see how it is its not what you know its who you know thats devopling the buggy
Old 03-02-2006, 03:13 PM
sean1234

Looks pretty sweet and all the landings look pretty smooth, no bouncing all around. I agree that it would be nice to see the buggy run on something besides sand for a change.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:18 PM
carpy100

ORIGINAL: TurtleRacing

Apparently your one of those guys that jump your FG off of tall buildings with no problems. Completely stock & out of the box, 50' jumps, no problem!! Why is it you feel the need to act like this?? If you don't like it leave it. Nothing about it is going to impress you & your high standards so go brag about you awesome handling, unbreakable, high flying FG!! Funny, I've never seen a video of a FG jumping that far, or atleast the aftermath!!!
if you had read my post i said i had broken the servo on landing. how i choose to drive is down to me.stating fact is not bragging.we are all entitled to an opinion and to voice that opinion.exagerating to encite an argument is immature.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

And it looks so weak. Its like streched 1/10 buggy with big engine.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:37 PM
carpy100

ORIGINAL: CodeToad

ORIGINAL: carpy100

LOLOLOL![sm=lol.gif]

Come on people, its enough. Even if you have 1000% love for the FG stuff, a new product to the market = more competition = all companies have to up their game. It's a win for everyone, so chill.

BACK ON TOPIC! The video rocks, I can't wait!
Old 03-02-2006, 04:53 PM
speedygonzales

pfft you guys are so negative. what you guys are scared that hpi is going to get the majority of the sales! and run the fg dealers out.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:57 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

Who said anything about that? Nobody is being negative...
Old 03-02-2006, 05:06 PM
USABaja5B

The one in the Germany shop was shipped out already. As far as I know, they only have those 2. At least they are still testing, and those are real world conditions as far as I'm concerned. That is the type of terrain I'll be using it at.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:15 PM
TurtleRacing

Both Dr.ArmoMaxx & carpy100 never have anything but negative to say about the HPI, I love that statement "Nobody is being negative... " you 2 wrote the book on negative. Every post either of you have ever done in HPI has been nothing but negative. Nothing constructive, just Negative, it's rediculous & IMMATURE!!!

"if you had read my post i said i had broken the servo on landing." Whatever!!!!
You FG guys are scared & it's funny!!!
Old 03-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

Lol...i don't own any off road, and i don't plan on buying either...
I say what i see...it looks and is weak, and i will say its weak...i know truth hurts...

we are not afraid to voice our opinion on a product from what we have seen/read so far...unlike people like you who only whine about us being negative

try lil bit harder next time
Old 03-02-2006, 06:01 PM
radio_controlled_mad

ORIGINAL: TurtleRacing

You FG guys are scared & it's funny!!!
yeah were all scared of toy cars,,,didnt you notice hpi staff in for around an hour earlier - not one of you hpi buyers asked him about the improvements or mods to the car or did he post why all the delays for the pre-order guys even though u were sitting in this thread...hpi post another spin video and ur clapping likes seals at feeding time....could of used this thread for usefull info,,car is looking better - shame about the gearing,glass injected gear carrier and not being able to gear up or down as the gear mesh is non adjustable as engine is direct bolt up to chassi so no fitting larger or smaller wheels,,,nice to see arms improved - would of liked to seen videos of the one hobbytek got on loan,but hpi removed spur gear on delivery
Old 03-02-2006, 06:04 PM
TurtleRacing

You don't even own an off-road still you come in & flap your lips?? WOW!! These FG guys give me crap cause I don't own a large scale off-road & you don't own off-road at all?? Nice!! Looks weak, that's all you can say is it LOOKS weak??Is that speaking from your experiance? That's everybit as good as your arguement for Zen being the only motor that matters. You have no basis there either & 99% of the guys on here have called BS on you there also. You have no off-road experiance, don't plan on it but it LOOKs weak, impressive!!! Got any other experianced opinions you'd like to share?? Your judging jumping videos & you've never jumped? You are too much!! Maybe you should stick to what you know, GOPEDS!!! I ran over one w/my Harley last night, was it you?? Is that why you're so negative?

OH hey RCM, good to see you're done crying!!! Now that the tears have dryed up the lips are flappin again!!!! You know, I didn't notice he was on, apparently you're more concerned about it than most.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:09 PM
radio_controlled_mad

hpi staff - what other mods were made to the car apart from the arms, (which do look 200% better)
Old 03-02-2006, 06:33 PM
sneff

Your wrong when you say the Baja cant gear up or down!! The gears change as a set!! you change the spur and the clutchbell!!! Show me where you've ever seen where it says that the gear ratio cant be changed!! The designer is quoted as saying that different gears will available as a hop up..

This forum is the most rediculous thing I've ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!

People always post statements that they dont even know are true!!!

The lack of knowledge I have seen on this site never seizes to amaze me.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:35 PM
radio_controlled_mad

you cant change a layshft gear on any engine that doesnt have engine mounts - the engine is a direct bolt on - no adjustable mesh - try reading chevymans posts - you know,,the guy that has the baja in his shop,,another buyer not wanting to ask hpi questions

masters of all owners of none

edit: hpi staff now gone - was only here an hour or so musnt had time to answer 1 question about mods & priceing for the october 2005 pre-order guys.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:52 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

lol
Old 03-02-2006, 06:55 PM
No Moa
My Feedback: (1)

ROFL, i love this site!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.