Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

purchased mb, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 11:10 AM
edge540ts
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default purchased mb, now what?

Thanks for everybodies help in finding a great deal on a new fg mb. Ordered from oneill and got a great price. Now I need to know what else I should use, and were I should purchase from. I have a high speed, high torque thl / brake servo, but do not know what steering servo I should use. Also, what parts should I order for durability issues. I have read all alluminum a-arms, metal gears. Where sould I purchase from. I am also going to get an oneill pipe (anybody have a used one they want to sell?). Thinking about 3300 nicads for the jr fm receiver. 60 /80 shock oil, no sway bar. Vent the rims with 2mm holes, and foams. I have also read that I need to upgrade the diff, but I am not sure what I need. I am also planning to make it as water proof as possible. Anybody have any tips on what to seal, and what servos are more sealed than others. Thanks for everybodies help.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:15 PM
original.mb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: purchased mb, now what?

glad you got a great deal on your new mb

its upto what you wanna beef up on your mb? what application do you use it for?

of the bat i would recommend getting either front hydros or cable brakes to boost braking performance. i would recommend k.p designs front hydros as they are very affordable and work better than most of the more expensive ones about. state side you can purchase from www.fgperformancerc.com or rc nuts also hellya on this board sells very good brakes from what i've heard. i would go for the metal spur gear carrier as well from cnr. theres really no end to what you can do but go for the basic stuff first and after a few runbs i'm sure you will know what you need next. once again welcome and i hope you have great fun with your mb