Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Engine issue

Old 03-07-2006, 08:12 PM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine issue

Just ran the Leopard Race again today and it wasn't running as good as before. [:@] The only thing I did different was add gas to it with a new mixture. If I had more oil in the mixture would it bog down mid range to high ?? Just wondering if I should add more gas to the tank and see. I use around 30:1. The engine is 3 years old and ran fine on Sunday. Idles fine too. I started to play with the H and L settings from stock 1.25 and 1.25 but still nothing changed much. It's a Zenoah 230RC1

Any Ideas??
Old 03-07-2006, 08:33 PM
bigger the better

Default RE: Engine issue

May check for a pinch or small hole in the gas line?
Old 03-07-2006, 10:32 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

Sounds like you may have sucked some dirt into the carb on Sunday and now you have lost alot of compression. Look inside the carb for remnants of sunday's fun. Could also be a very dirty air filter or crap in the carb jets.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:22 AM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

I'll take a look at the carb. I have an air filter cover over it so it shouldn't have. I use the same one on the Marder and hardly have to clean it. Plus I was running on grass too. Anything is worth a look too. Maybe I may have mixed it too rich, if so wouldn't I have a lot more smoke though?