Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FG wont fire

Old 03-20-2006, 06:10 PM
TBOLT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FG wont fire

My FG only run 3x won't start?? The last time out I rounded the pinion and shut it off and brought it home and cleaned it, today I get my box of goodies (MT tires and new pinion, etc) I get my truck all back together and all excited to try out my new tires choke it like normal and pull 3x nothing it usually fires right off (like my boats) so I pull the plug it looks wet get another plug and try that still nothing then I realize my kill switch is stuck in no biggie I got a spare off a SIKK motor throw it in pull pull pull pull NOTHING Now I am beating myself trying to get it going, I check spark got it, fuel got it, switch plugs yep, heat the plug with a torch yep, I even had a couple spare carbs lying around I tried to no avail. Any idea's before I tear into this little monster??
Old 03-20-2006, 07:02 PM
bigger the better

Default RE: FG wont fire

Sure choke off not on? I know that sound dumb but seen it before.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:15 PM
TBOLT

Naw I had the choke every which way up down middle carb with no choke AHH time to rip into it I guess. My freinds rigger did something like this he was running it and brought it in to make some changes and when we went to start it pull pull pull nothing, I thing the ring broke
Old 03-20-2006, 07:16 PM
bigger the better

That reeks!![:@] Good luck!
Old 03-21-2006, 02:24 AM
carpy100

try a new plug, there might be a spark but it might not be strong enough.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:13 AM
kinggeordie

return your carb back to factory settings both screws all the way in then about 3 turns out then adjust untill she fires up and runs properly also she maybe flooded take the plug out and pull the pullstart couple of times get rid of any excess fuel
Old 03-21-2006, 07:40 AM
TBOLT

I got it going last night but don't know what it was that made it run, I took the top end apart and saw no scratches,broken ring, nothing put it back together, cleaned the bottom of the coil, cleaned the flywheel, cleaned carb, WE HAVE LIFTOFF I was afraid with the way my luck has been as of late that the piston and jug would have been destroyed and metal would have made it's way into the bottom end ruining the bearings rendering my engine useless[X(]
Old 03-21-2006, 03:25 PM
avgas

yeh, make sure the gap is correct between the coil and the flywheel, FG header card will do!
Steve