Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

I'm done with digi servos

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 10:47 AM
8000ft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm done with digi servos

As we all know the Hitec 5745 steering servo is prone to burn out, it happened to me as well. I switched to the 805bb and I'm loving it, pleanty of power and speed and no worry of burn outs. Well now my front brake srevo fried, again a Hitec digi.

I was never really that impressed with the front cable brakes as far as stopping power went but I blame that on the servo just not being strong enough. However it seems that the 5645 is about the max as far as power is concerned in a standard size servo. (yes like most I'm on a very tight budget so the 50$ range is about all I can spend on a servo)

So here's what I'm going to try this week.....I'm going to stick a 805bb in for the front brakes. It looks like there will be enough room after a bit of cutting with the Dremmel, and if the steering servo brakes for some reason I can swap over the brake servo untill I get a replacement.

Am I nuts for thinking of trying this?
Old 04-01-2006, 01:09 PM
hellya

Default RE: I'm done with digi servos

No, your not nuts... I sold a alloy radio plate to Acs_guitars hes on this forum....... he uses the 805bb for throttle/braking, that servo will fit and work
Old 04-01-2006, 01:32 PM
8000ft

Thats good to know. I think that I'm going to stick with my working 5645 on the thr/rear brk and use the 805bb for just the front brakes.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:00 PM
slaphead

If your going to use a 805bb for your brakes I would suggest getting an alloy radio tray as well, I have an 805bb steering servo and 645 for my standard rear brake and the pul on the 645 flexes the radio tray. With front brake and an 805 servo I would imagine you will lose a reasonalbe amount of your braking due to the tray flexing. I know the radio try is one of the first things I'm going to upgrade.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:55 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

805 throttle/brake servo? Brilliant! Less need for spare parts, cheaper, stronger. Brilliant! My only concern would be radio plate flex and or breakage and the large drain on the battery. The 805 draws 800ma each so if you are not running a 3000+ma battery that would be a wise addition. I have smoked 5 5745's and a 5625 (both digital both metal gear) I agree no more digi's. Digital servos may have there place but my large scale is NOT one of them. I have never had a problem with hitec 805's or 645's but I do not use cable brakes either.

Anyone make an alloy radio plate for a Leopard that will accept a single 805 for steering and an 805 for throttle/brake?
Old 04-02-2006, 04:16 AM
jimbo1890

If you want an alloy radio plate and money is a problem. Do what I did on my old marder. Epoxy glue a sheet of aluminium to the top of your plastic radio plate and cut the holes for the servos with a dremmell

Does not look like a flash plate but it does the job well.

BTW the large scale servos work great for throttle/rear brake
Old 04-02-2006, 05:08 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

Hitec servos generally are not good.

With futaba, you pay a lot, but you get what you pay for. Thats the law of universe, thats why i paid $140 for 5 Hs-5745's