Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

HPI Baja 5b is near, who is in?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 03:00 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI Baja 5b is near, who is in?

ORIGINAL: CodeToad

Good idea dude, lets put all FG threads in one official FG thread as well, we'll make a Firehammer one too, as well as all the others. This forum only needs say 5-10 threads total. Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But the hpi is not even out yet and we have lots of threads...

I guess you failed to understand my point...
Old 04-08-2006, 03:43 PM
CodeToad

Lots of threads? I count three on the front page. They stay on the front page because people respond in them. A better solution perhaps should be to pre-approve thread topics with you before posting. That’s a good idea for sure.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:53 PM
wl6
My Feedback: (8)

Back to the subject-HPI Baja 5b is near, who is in?

I am IN!!!!
Old 04-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There have been numerous threads on the Baja5b and several have been either locked or deleted. From what I can see this thread is headed that way too since the members can't seem to stop arguing with each other over an RC that has yet to be officially released. And yes, I saw the Baja5b last year and uploaded photos of it which was on yet another Baja5b thread. In other words, that is a big "HINT" unless the members don't really care if their posts end up deleted, their threads end up locked, threads end up deleted, or if they are placed on moderated status--which means NONE of their posts will be viewable until approved by a moderator or administrator.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:08 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: wl6
Back to the subject-HPI Baja 5b is near, who is in?

I am IN!!!!
To me it is like a picket fence--I could go one way or the other, especially since large scale cars are not that big here unless it is a 1/4 scale. That is simply because there is a 1/4 scale track near here and no 1/5 scale tracks. Track owners here also don't care to have large scale RCs ran on tracks designed for 1/8th scales. Of course, the large scales could simply be used as bashers, however, to me bashing gets old unless there is basically someone else to bash and though I have heard about one local intending to purchase the Baja5b, it doesn't mean much to me since one still has to make time and be able to get together on a bashing basis. I've also purchased RCs to race against someone only to later be the only one with that particular RC since they sold there RC later. Whereas on a track, if one or two people can't show up there are usually others that race anyway. A new indoor offroad track also opened yesterday which is geared toward electric racing. As a matter of fact there is a race tonight.

And out of curiosity, how many members who plan to get the Baja5b intend to race it? I also don't care if it is "sanctioned" racing or not by some political organization, but just some simple club type racing for that matter. In other words, does anyone know of at least 5 or 6 others in their area who also plan to purchase the Baja5b or not?
Old 04-08-2006, 04:08 PM
USABaja5B

Its coming though. All that was asked was who is getting one. Not how good it will be, not how long tis takedn, and not comparing it to others.

You guys better figure this out before the Baja is released. Then, it will be mob city in here. Too bad too, there are alot of normal people in here.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:18 PM
CodeToad

It's disappointing, I really and truly just wanted to discuss who is in and if there are any first timers. This will be my first large scale and I'm excited about it. I wanted to see if there was anyone else out there as well that was getting into the scale because of the 5b.

I don't see why its so difficult for some people to just pass over a thread that they aren't interested in, rather than bashing and ruining it. It's unfortunate but typical.

Can we now get back on topic, there have been a few first timers in here already, anyone else?

Edit: I would love to race but I don't plan on it simply because I don't think there will be enough people present in the area. Time will tell, though.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:22 PM
wl6
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: USABaja5B

Its coming though. All that was asked was who is getting one. Not how good it will be, not how long tis takedn, and not comparing it to others.
Amen
Old 04-08-2006, 04:26 PM
D0G
My Feedback: (1)

Im a First time large scaler, I was pushed into the Gas side of this because Nitro is just to tough for me to keep running. I know that Gas engines have thier issues as well, but I am much more mechanical with a small gas engine( motorbikes, quads, all sorts of weed eaters) I had my eye set on the Baja 5b since I first saw it, but after much research and questions, I find myself leaning more towards a MT. Im in Canada, so there is basically no large scale companies or organizations at all here. In the city I live in there is only 3 main RC sellers, and only one carries a Gas Car/truck, wich is the Firehammer. But I dont want a firehammer. I will not race AT ALL, so the baja seemed not suited for me. Still looks SWEET though, and I love reading about it, and watching it. Im looking forward to the pics from you guys who get them, and hearing about your YAY's and NAY's just like any other RC.

FORD VS CHEVY..lol it will NEVER end.

Oh and I dont own a Large Scale yet, waiting to sell my T-maxx..[&:]
Old 04-08-2006, 04:31 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: D0G
FORD VS CHEVY..lol it will NEVER end.
That comment always cracks me since I have a Corvette license frame on my Ford Expedition--when asked why, because I own a Vette too. Just like an HPI Baja5b, FG, etc.--nobody has to own just one model. Or at least I don't believe in owning just one RC.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:36 PM
D0G

That comment always cracks me since I have a Corvette license frame on my Ford Expedition--when asked why, because I own a Vette too. Just like an HPI Baja5b, FG, etc.--nobody has to own just one model. Or at least I don't believe in owning just one RC.
Just saying is all. When I was in the Nitro forums it was Revo VS T-Maxx, im sure that even the Plane and boat guys go through this..lol For the most part if you can keep your witts about you, its all in good fun competition. But as men, we all know what competition leads to..lol..
The weather is getting gorgeous here, finally hitting 0C and im itching to get outside with any RC...even a Tyco will do right now..haha
Old 04-08-2006, 04:48 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Revo v. T-Maxx? That must have been calm compared to the Savage v. T-Maxx threads. Myself, I don't really care what anyone else purchases since it is "their" decision and "their" money. The only thing that anoys me is when certain sponsors host certain classes which exclude others. Consequently, I'd hope someone purchases an HPI Baja5b before me and let me try it out first. Will HPI let me try one out first? They didn't even drive it at the show last year. I don't know if HPI will have a "test" program, but I do know that one of the US Distributors for FG was doing that with the Marder. Nomadio also has a traveling show going on right that allows people to check out their transmitter (which I also own). Quite frankly, I read a lot of posts and in the end, to each their own. Have fun with whatever RC you own or plan to purchase.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:58 PM
98765bb

Count me in ordered it last week.best mate whom I go bashing with(untill I sold my savage)owns a FG marder.He is thinking of getting a Baja.I cannot wait.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Croozer

Wow, another Baja thread, who would have thunk it? [sm=rolleyes.gif]
Old 04-08-2006, 06:01 PM
TurtleRacing

WOW, More constructive replies,who'd a thunk it??
Old 04-08-2006, 10:31 PM
rubixcube

Another baja thread with fg stuff/comparisions in it. Who would have thunk it.

My first gasser, and I am in.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:50 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

lol

I can't imagine how many threads there would be once it comes out...

"I got my Baja 5b!!!!!!!!"
"My spur gear broke on my baja 5b"
"my HPI vs FG"

Come on guys...i owned tmaxx for few years, (pics in my gallery) so of course I HATE hpi with passion, and everything china made.

You can hate me now...
Old 04-09-2006, 06:47 AM
amatuloo

I'm definitely in. It'll be my first large scale after owning T-Maxx's and Revo's. Can't wait!
Old 04-09-2006, 08:17 AM
jeepfreak1972

ORIGINAL: Dr.ArmoMaxx

lol

I can't imagine how many threads there would be once it comes out...

"I got my Baja 5b!!!!!!!!"
"My spur gear broke on my baja 5b"
"my HPI vs FG"

Come on guys...i owned tmaxx for few years, (pics in my gallery) so of course I HATE hpi with passion, and everything china made.

You can hate me now...

So you hate everything made in China but you loved your Taiwan made traxxas?
Old 04-09-2006, 09:30 AM
fourwheeler

I'm in and am looking forward to comparing the 5B to the FG already in my stable. I am also one of those that just enjoys the hobby and like what I like.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:45 PM
ChuckDeez

I'm in! my first gasser!!
Old 04-09-2006, 06:43 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

I am almost hesitant to post due to the HPI vs FG bandwagon approach. I am not in my new gasser will be a Lauterbacher supercross not because I think HPI sucks or FG sucks no that is not it at all. I love my Leopard and the HPI doesn't look so bad but dammit I want a Lauterbacher and get bent if you are going to tell me how to spend my money! (only child syndrome) I am very happy that the HPI is comming out and I hope it is great! I like the HPI for what it is; innovation and competition and value. Maybe some of the other manifacturers will step up and make things interesting.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:34 PM
CodeToad

ORIGINAL: chowderhead72

I am almost hesitant to post due to the HPI vs FG bandwagon approach. I am not in my new gasser will be a Lauterbacher supercross not because I think HPI sucks or FG sucks no that is not it at all. I love my Leopard and the HPI doesn't look so bad but dammit I want a Lauterbacher and get bent if you are going to tell me how to spend my money! (only child syndrome) I am very happy that the HPI is comming out and I hope it is great! I like the HPI for what it is; innovation and competition and value. Maybe some of the other manifacturers will step up and make things interesting.
That's exactly what I'm talking about my friend Enjoy your new ride, share pictures!
Old 04-09-2006, 11:50 PM
StefanL

I´m NOT in, but that´s because I already have a car that I am satisfied with.

For us europeans, pricing will be kinda decisive. It looks like the Baja will be up there with the big boys pricewise...

If it proves to be good value for money, I will seriously consider getting one.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:56 PM
CodeToad

Yeah, that's interesting how that works out. In the US the Baja seems to be the best value for the money, which I think is the market HPI was going for. Wonder if the pricing will change around for the European market to be more appealing. Time will tell I guess

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.