Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

servo plate

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 04:13 AM
j.hamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo plate

stupid question. is there any way that the servo plate on a fg can be made quick release it takes longer to get the plate off every time ive been bashin than it does to clean the thing.

do fg make such a thing or has any one seen it done any tips would be handy.

thanks.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:07 AM
j.hamp

Default RE: servo plate

i take it thats a no then

oh well it was worth a try.

thanks john
Old 04-13-2006, 07:01 AM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

Not really. The best thing you can do is try to eliminate some steps. Maybe have a few things plastic dipped to have a better waterproof seal. I find having a good compressor really helps. I use a 5HP 20gallon and works great. There aren't too many screws to remove depending on which model you have. 4 on the bottom, 1 on top (brace area) and your servo horn screws. (2 or 3 - depends on what you have)

Keep in mind if you have any FG's with the aluminum side guards make sure you place a pc of plastci to them to eliminate more dirt getting in.

Hope this helps
Old 04-13-2006, 07:58 AM
J_D

an electirc screwdriver also helps
Old 04-13-2006, 09:55 AM
j.hamp

thanks for the tips but me and power tools dont mix the misses has band me from using them.

our place looks like its a place of worship.

HOLY

ill have to start taking it to less muddy locations = Less fun[&o]
Old 04-13-2006, 01:52 PM
carpy100

erm, im sure this method of cleaning isnt for everybody but it works for me......
make sure the receiver box is sealed(silicone)get the garden hose and some motorcycle cleaner(castrol greentec from halfords)and an alloy wheel cleaning brush(also from halfrauds!). hose the wheels off first then spray the cleaner everywhere with gay abandon! have a fag then set about it with the hose and the brush. the brush gets pretty much everywhere including under the radio plate. the only thing i remove is the fuel tank(2 screws)this lets you get everywhere easily.stand it up on end for an hour in the dry then bring it in and quickly wipe round with kitchen towel to finish.im lucky ive got air duct heating so i just leave it in front of a duct to dry off.if i didnt i'd use a hair dryer or heat gun. then spray WD40 on the electrics,ball joints,bearings and gears.
like i say, works for me with no probs.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:34 PM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: carpy100

erm, im sure this method of cleaning isnt for everybody but it works for me......
make sure the receiver box is sealed(silicone)get the garden hose and some motorcycle cleaner(castrol greentec from halfords)and an alloy wheel cleaning brush(also from halfrauds!). hose the wheels off first then spray the cleaner everywhere with gay abandon! have a fag then set about it with the hose and the brush. the brush gets pretty much everywhere including under the radio plate. the only thing i remove is the fuel tank(2 screws)this lets you get everywhere easily.stand it up on end for an hour in the dry then bring it in and quickly wipe round with kitchen towel to finish.im lucky ive got air duct heating so i just leave it in front of a duct to dry off.if i didnt i'd use a hair dryer or heat gun. then spray WD40 on the electrics,ball joints,bearings and gears.
like i say, works for me with no probs.
Ipretty much do the same thing , but I totally take the wheels/body/wing/off first,and my radio tray is alloy so it is pretty easy too clean under, and my electronics are pretty water tight, and take it too the wash tub in the basement and spray is down with some car wash ****ion and then hose it off with super hot water then hit it with the air compressor, than go back and relube the bearings with(triflow) it has teflon in the spray and spray down everything else with silocne and blow it off 1 more time and then put it all back toegheter and then I'am good too go next time around