Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Gear options

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 10:03 AM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gear options

I know I've read this somewhere but I can't recall who tried it. I have a new plastic 44T,20T and a alloy gear carrier. I bought this for my Harm on-road but sold it off. Should I try this combination out on my fg's or just return the stuff and get some spare parts? It's like $50 worth.

Forgive me if I'm repeating myself here.

I have a 23CC and a 26CC.

The 26CC is in my Marder race where I use monster tires and spikes. With the Samba it runs great.

The 23CC is in my Leopard Race and I'll be getting a Samba for it this week. I though about trying it out on this one but not sure if it can take it.

The spikes on the Marder have a smaller diameter, since they are firehammer tires on Leopard rims.

Not sure what to do here.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:18 AM
fgbasher
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Gear options

that gear combo will give you more top end but will be a dog off the start. I am using that combo on the 2nd gear of my 2 speed.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:24 AM
SELWA

Thanks Mike. I may return them after all. I found another new 24T so it brings up my credit to $60!! Time to go shopping for a few spare parts.

I like the idea of torque and some of the tracks that I may run on are geared for nitro's so they may be technical with sharp corners/turns.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:53 AM
JRexA

I am running 20/44 on my Leopard Race with a 27cc head kit and the standard Leopard Race pipe.

I think I have plenty of power and accelleration, as I can make the original wheels spin on demand, both on dirt and tarmac, and also from a stand still.

I am running with the Leopard Race tires.

As for top speed, I have more than I need.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:32 AM
SELWA

Now it's tempting, Since the Leopard has the 23CC I'm not sure if it will be good enough for it. I don't want to switch engines since I still use the monster wheels on the Marder, so I need the extra power.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:46 AM
JRexA

My Leo came used with a 23cc and the 20/44 gearing....

I had more than enough power for ofroad wheelspinning with the original 23cc engine, but I have no idea if the original engine had been ported or something like that.
It came with a carb that had no Choke on it.

I upgraded the engine because I wanted to... not because it was necesarry....
I am upgrading the engine again, this time to a DDM Race ported 29cc head kit, just to try it....