Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

OUCH!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 12:41 PM
highspeeddirt
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OUCH!

Well went out to the local park today to test my new jetpro pipe. Everything was going well untill disaster struck. Beetle flipped over and ... [:@] Well the pics kinda tell it all. Lucky enough I had a spare plug with me and nothing major got damaged. I think I also stripped out 2 screws from my engine mounts. Looks like it's time to order the alloy ones.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27275.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	446158   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94528.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	446159   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71781.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	446160  
Old 04-16-2006, 01:09 PM
bigger the better

Default RE: OUCH!

So, how was the pipe?
Old 04-16-2006, 02:34 PM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: highspeeddirt

Well went out to the local park today to test my new jetpro pipe. Everything was going well untill disaster struck. Beetle flipped over and ... [:@] Well the pics kinda tell it all. Lucky enough I had a spare plug with me and nothing major got damaged. I think I also stripped out 2 screws from my engine mounts. Looks like it's time to order the alloy ones.
The same thing had happen to me but i crack my pipe in two different places. I called up Oneill Brothers and they gave me the ok to send it back to JetPro Dino at JetPro fixed the pipe for me...but he said if it happens again that he will have to charge me because i void the warranty by cutting off the front brace of the pipe. I cut off the front brace so that i could use my front cable brakes, but he was cool enough to fix it for me, it shall be here sometime this week.[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]. I will post some pic's of the weld job on the pipe.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:28 PM
highspeeddirt

The pipe was awesome. Huge improvement over the FG 3 piece pipe. No damage to the pipe but I broke one of the bolts in half out of the small engine mount. I'm waiting on some tuning brakes and a few other parts from RCNUTS Hobbies. They should be here this week. I'll do a tear down and replace the broken bolt when they get here. Should be back up and running before next weekend.
Aluminum Crusher : I thought about getting the Jetpro thats made for the MB but I was worried about mounting cable brakes with it. Hope it all works out for you.
P.S. What part of Cleveland are you from? I grew up about 1 and a half hours south from there. Small town near Youngstown.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:13 PM
hellya

ouch is right
Old 04-16-2006, 08:36 PM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: highspeeddirt

The pipe was awesome. Huge improvement over the FG 3 piece pipe. No damage to the pipe but I broke one of the bolts in half out of the small engine mount. I'm waiting on some tuning brakes and a few other parts from RCNUTS Hobbies. They should be here this week. I'll do a tear down and replace the broken bolt when they get here. Should be back up and running before next weekend.
Aluminum Crusher : I thought about getting the Jetpro thats made for the MB but I was worried about mounting cable brakes with it. Hope it all works out for you.
P.S. What part of Cleveland are you from? I grew up about 1 and a half hours south from there. Small town near Youngstown.
I'am near Downtown Cleveland over by the HUGE AND FAMOUS CLEVELAND CLINIC and 10 minutes away from the football, baseball, basketball stadiums & monster truck shows
Old 04-17-2006, 04:59 AM
ACLazer

highspeeddirt

I live in Niles, probably not too far from where you grew up
Old 04-17-2006, 06:31 PM
highspeeddirt

ACLazer
Yeah, I know where Niles is. I'm from Newton Falls. My Uncle lives in Howland and my parents in Leavittsburg. I sure do miss The Hot Dog shop up on Market street. Is it still there? Used to go there after a hard days work for some dogs with chili and cheese.

Aluminum Crusher
I know exactly where your talking about. When I was growing up we used to go to the Flats all the time. Is the Agora still around? We used to go to some killer concerts back in the day at that place.

Funny I haven't been up there in about 2 years, but my family that still lives there say that nothing has changed much.

Sorry to get off topic, my parts came in today so I'll be tearing into the MB later tonight or tomorrow after work. It's raining now but supposed to clear up a bit before the weekend.