Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Road tires on Leopard

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 01:23 AM
HeliboySA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road tires on Leopard

Hello,

Has anyone used the tires for the road cars on thier offroad cars, As the tires are a lot cheaper than the slicks offered.
i see that hobbythek do one for the marader.

The problem i have is the stearing arm on the alloy uprights do not let you get the tire on enough too use them, the back wheels are ok.

Does anyone make a different alloy arm for the stearing, which would make this possible.

The reason is that it would be great to slap on a set of road tires to do some tar driving now and again.

Thks
Old 04-22-2006, 01:43 AM
MnMikeRC

Default RE: Road tires on Leopard

A set of Formula 1 tires and rims works great for on road driving the Leopard.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:40 AM
avgas

Hello,
You could change the steering arms for the Touring car ones, if they unbolt on yours, or put the longer spindels in the front and use the 14mm wheel drivers and the wheels should clear.
Steve
Old 04-22-2006, 03:27 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: FG Perf RC

A set of Formula 1 tires and rims works great for on road driving the Leopard.
I agree! The stadium wheels/tires are awesome as well on-road if you have your suspensions set -up correctly. So far the stadiums have provided maximum traction with just enough drift to keep from rolling over. The F1s may be a little faster due to lighter weight and smoother profile but they are not quite as sticky on a less than perfect surface. The sizes are almost identical between - FG buggy tires, FG f1 tires, FG stadium tires so you shouldn't have gearing issues like you will when using sedan tires. Good luck!