Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

FG monster truck versus monster beetle

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FG monster truck versus monster beetle

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 08:56 AM
InfernoNoob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FG monster truck versus monster beetle

The monster beetle seems to be a bit cheaper than the monster truck, what are the key differences between the two?
Old 04-25-2006, 09:19 AM
Cyberfyn

Default RE: FG monster truck versus monster beetle

Exactly the same except:

Body.
4 extra (unnecesary) shocks.
swing arms for the above.
Body mounts.
Exhaust.

Oh yeah and the fact that the MB won't keep rolling over all the time

Ian F.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:36 AM
D0G
My Feedback: (1)

The less expensive Beetle looks to not have side rails as well.

The Bettle PRO, is more like the Monster Truck. The basic beetle is not.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:09 AM
SELWA

Your best bet is getting a monster beetle pro. The 8 shock stand up well on jumps if you have foam inserts. The body will be much stronger too. The body I use to have for my MB is about 2 1/2 years old and is on it's 5th owner!!

Another option is the stadium versions too.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:20 PM
Croozer

I have never owned a MT or a MB Pro so I cannot comment on them, but my MB has served me well for over 2 years, and because of the rounded body it seems to land on its wheels after rollovers, and I could care less about the 8 shocks, it seems more cosmetic than anything.

I guess it comes down to if you want a truck body or a beetle body, or spend the extra jack and get the MB Pro then you can swap bodies and basically have two rigs in one. [sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 04-25-2006, 02:26 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

The suspension on the regular MB is much smother and seems to track alot better at speed but the dual shock set-up will allow for larger jumps without bottoming. I don't own either of the beetles but I have driven both and I strongly prefer the original MB over the pro.

Have you seen the New Leopard Beetle?[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/FG-Leopard-Race-oder-New-Beetle-Zubehoer-G260-4_W0QQitemZ7409206996QQcategoryZ13311QQrdZ1QQcmdZV iewItem]Leopard and Leopard Beetle[/link] A little more but well worth it.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:30 PM
borley1863

I preferthe look of the monster truck but it does bounce alot and i seem to flip it alot, you only need small not very steep jumps and it flies
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...Picture014.jpg

Can anyone tell me how the picture which i have linked to on photobucket. I can get it to be a thumbnail like in other peoples posts thanks.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:24 PM
tizdaz

If you have problems with stability on the MB Pro (or MT) REMOVE the rear anti-roll bar! ...why they are shipped with it i dunno, but i can say that it makes the MB Pro/MT VERY un-stable. as soon i removed mine my suspension had full travel & was no where near as stiff. Anti roll bars on rear work well on on-road types, but for off road!

As for which is better...

The short & simple asnwer is.. None!

I went for the MB Pro because I liked the idea of having those extra 4 shocks also the MB Pro comes with side guards that once covered with a thin mesh stop ALOT of dirt/much getting where you dont want it! Also the MB pro's roll cage goes over the radio area too where as the MB roll cage only covers the back end, also in future i will be getting the MT body as that will fit straight onto the MB Pro's chassis
Old 04-26-2006, 01:27 AM
original.mb

chowderhead

is right mb has better handling out of the box, turns better and its not bouncy and stiff like the mt. you can't go wrong better handling for a cheaper price.