Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

range/glitching probs??

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 10:32 AM
methodman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default range/glitching probs??

i just have standard radio gear in my marder, its 40 meg, futaba reciver & transmitter and hi-tec servos, with failsafe and upgraded spark plug cap, but the range seems to always been very poor, and nows getting worse, today it was glitching even though before i even put the transmitter aerial up even the transmitter was right next to it ! and after about 15 feet away it seems very delayed the response, dont feel like your in total control!? i have also just recentley changed the x-tals, and receiver and still no good, would it be the throttle servo? or the transmitter? its all very puzzling,

any ideas?

regards aaron
Old 04-26-2006, 11:23 AM
ibstar

Default RE: range/glitching probs??

what i did with mine was drill a small hole in the bottom of the metal plug cap and put a small bolt in so it touchs the base of the plug
sorted mine out
Old 04-26-2006, 12:59 PM
hellya

check your fail safe......... try a different 1
Old 04-26-2006, 01:00 PM
cmar-ireland

Buy a Spektrum!!
Old 04-26-2006, 01:40 PM
hellya

New product on the market extends your radio range up to 10 times....Eliminates Glitching $21-23 plus ship

http://www.multimodetech.com/index.p...&id=1&Itemid=2

Edit: Guess it is for electric my bad
Old 04-26-2006, 02:28 PM
JRexA

Try a short test without the failsafe, to determine if that is where your problem is.

If the problem is the failsafe, then try to get a different one, or upgrade to a system with a built in failsafe.

If you want to have less trouble with ignition generated noise, then look at any of the 2.4Ghz systems, as Ignition generated noise is rarely above 800Mhz.
The 2.4ghz systems I have heard about all comes with a built in failsafe.

The NoiseSink looks fine, if you are running Electric.....
Where would you place the NoiseSink on an FG?
Between the battery and the receiver?
Jumbo servos need considerably more than 1.7A.....

With an Ignition that potentially induces noise directly into the antenna, I sincerely doubt its usefullnes....
Old 04-26-2006, 02:37 PM
methodman

yeah i`ve just put a brand new fail safe on, and an going to try another battery saturday, and the radio gear outta my hyper, altough its 27meg
Old 04-27-2006, 01:09 PM
shackmaster

methodman, i had the very same problem , it turned out to be a loose wire on the battery and was a simple fix ,sounds very simalar.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:33 PM
methodman

thanks all, gunna try a new battery too, after a few mates suggested that too, hope it sorts it or i`ll have to get a 3PK! oh well maybe looks like an excuse i`ve been waiting for!
Old 04-27-2006, 04:00 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

Glitching is pretty common with anything using a gasoline engine, usually it's caused by the control rods which are touching metal(the carb) and running to a alloy servo horn and connected to a metal geared servo....engines transfers noise and interference right up to your reciever....you using a ball link for throttle hookup? I've found that ends glitching alot of times....also as others said lose wires and routing of wires can cause it, also quality of radio gear can bea factor, on planes its recommended radio gears at least 12"+ away from the engine but on cars that option doesn't exsist. Some failsafes also are glitch prone units.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:08 PM
carpy100

down the track a bloke had similar problems, it was a crushed wire that wasnt apparent to the eye. check your wiring back bit at a time to eliminate. could be a 20p piece of dodgy cable or soldering.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:20 PM
quarterscalelegends

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

could be a bad servo too. Does it do it when the engine is not running?
Old 04-29-2006, 01:19 PM
whitek

Man I hate to say this, but finally someone else with the exact same problem. I had a Technokit that did this same thing. I could power up the radio (Futaba 3pm-fs) with Novak receiver, 3300mah battery, hitec servos (Throttle 645 & steering 805) without motor running, and walk 200 yards away and no problem. Come back to the car and start it up and wham. You cant drive it 10 feet before it just goes nukin futs. My freind now has all diiferent radio equipment ( JR 3channel something, RS-300 receiver) and guess what, same thing. We are both very confused at this point. I guess we will follow the previous comments here and use the process of elimination method starting with the easiest task's first. But please if and when you find out what the problem is please post as we will do the same. Good luck
Old 04-29-2006, 01:29 PM
methodman

well whitek, i`ve tried a different reciver and crystals, all thats left to do is try a new battery which i will do on monday, the the bly thing left wil be try a different transmitter!

then i`ll have to get a 3PK,
Old 04-29-2006, 01:50 PM
whitek

It seems the easiest solution is a new radio, I was seriously considering a spektrum. But I am stiking with this 3pm, its OK for the average Joe which is me. So let everyone know how it goes with the 3PK. Very nice radio BTW. Later
Old 04-29-2006, 03:43 PM
badz

Yeah the Spektrum will end the glitching since it doesn't catch the interference as easily....I've seen the same thing happen on planes guys using $2500 radio's having massive glitches....need electronic ignitions on these cars
Old 04-29-2006, 04:07 PM
hellya

ORIGINAL: whitek

It seems the easiest solution is a new radio, I was seriously considering a spektrum. But I am stiking with this 3pm, its OK for the average Joe which is me. So let everyone know how it goes with the 3PK. Very nice radio BTW. Later

Add this to your 3Pk and youll have a better system

http://cgi.ebay.com/Spektrum-DSM-Sys...QQcmdZViewItem