Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Digital servo or not ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 07:04 AM
Automan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital servo or not ?

Hi everyone !!

Can anyone tell me for sure if i can run a Tonegawa oddfield servo with a HRS system ?

Some say racers use those servos with their HRS systems, some say that those servos aren't digital and i know HRS only accept digital servos. Now i want to know if i can use it or not from someone who really knows.

Thanks !!!
Old 05-04-2006, 07:51 AM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Digital servo or not ?

While I am sure it would take a while to burn up the Tone-50 due to the massive windings and it may stand up to the additional current caused by the higher frequency of the hrs for a while but if it were my $300+ servo I would stick with pcm.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:52 AM
chowderhead72

And to answer your question; the Tone_50 is about as analog as it gets.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:01 AM
Apache-

Maybe a bit less power but you could consider a Multiplex Rhino for steering.
Digital, metal gears and fast: 0.1sec and 27kg-cm torque if i am correct. For throttle brake the ACE DS 1015 is an excellent digital servo with 13kg-cm.
Both are not cheap but the Tonegawa isn't cheap either. If you are racing I would consider the rhino + ace, or when you can afford it an oddiefied tone for steering. [>:]
Old 05-04-2006, 08:25 AM
Automan

Thanks guys !!

Anyone else have some thoughts about this ?

I have used and are still using rhino digi4 on atleast two rc's i have, and i love those servos. They are strong and fast and very reliable.

I was just after some servos now, and wanted to try that toneservo on my HRS system, as racers use them according to some, and they are analogue.... im really [sm=confused.gif] I really need more input on this subject so i know if i can and should use it with my current system.

I have heard what chowderhead72 said about this tonservo, and that was great info, but i really need more.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:31 AM
chowderhead72

I think think will answer your question [link=http://www.ckdesigntech.com/tone_precautions.htm]Tone Precautions[/link] Look at "1" "c,d,e"

Basicly what they are saying is that the 050 and the 105 will ignore frequencies above (faster than) 440 pico seconds to avoid overdrive; which I believe will come into play with HRS.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:36 PM
carpy100

buy the elcon servo saver and a rhino digi 4.steering totaly sorted...
oh and run a y harness so your servo gets the full 6v.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:11 AM
Automan

Thanks again chowderhead72, my friend i don't know what those others are talking about when they say that racers are using these tonservos with hrs and have no problems, i guess they are just full of it [sm=thumbdown.gif][:@] Anyways... if i get that tonservo i will probably get a pcm rx, or if the price is not far from that pcm i will maybe try the spectrum add-on thingy.

crapy100, i know the rhinos are very good servos, but wy don't ya recommend fg's 04 servosaver ? is it weaker or worse in any way compared to the elcon ?
Just wondering cause i was planning on getting a alusaver.