Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

RADIO GEAR?(SPEKTRUM)

Old 05-14-2006, 05:54 PM
rchertz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RADIO GEAR?(SPEKTRUM)

OLA!!
RIGHT WHO OWNS SPEKTRUN DX3 ??
IS IT ANY GOOD ?
DO I GET ONE OR WAT??
REQUIRED ASAP!!(FOR MY FG-ST)
AS I DONT TRUST CURRENT FUTABA 2E WATEVER,TWICHEN LIKE A MANIAC ON ACID!! LOL []
DONT WANT MY £1000 RUNNIN OFF WITHOUT ME!! HELP NEEDED ASAP!
BY THE WAY GET READY FOR ST WITH JET PRO VID!! AS REQUESTED!!
ANY ADVICE WUD BE NICE!!
CHEERS ,(YOU PETROL HEADS)
Old 05-14-2006, 06:15 PM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: RADIO GEAR?(SPEKTRUM)

ORIGINAL: rchertz

DONT WANT MY £1000 RUNNIN OFF WITHOUT ME!! HELP NEEDED ASAP!

if that the case, you should have a failsafe on board there m8
Old 05-14-2006, 06:24 PM
rchertz

I HAVE!!
Old 05-14-2006, 06:26 PM
rchertz

YER CANT ALWAYS TRUST FAIL-SAFES BELIEVE ME!!
Old 05-14-2006, 06:33 PM
bigger the better

Got one - Love it![sm=thumbup.gif]
Lots of Posts ont he subject here are a few:
[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3796375/anchors_4016223/mpage_1/key_spektrum/anchor/tm.htm#4016223[/link]
[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3266603/anchors_4126121/mpage_1/key_spektrum/anchor/tm.htm#4126121[/link]
Old 05-14-2006, 07:17 PM
hellya

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPEKTRUM-DX3-DSM...ayphotohosting

I just bought 1 system from ebay last week $150.... With the Spectrum system you have bind/program your receiver to your transmitter, this way the reciever will only recognize your transmitter and during that binding process you also set the failsafe servo postion.

A good/strong return spring on your carb linkage is a big help in the case of power failure
Old 05-14-2006, 07:39 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

I have a dx3 also it works great...dx2 is little cheaper
Old 05-15-2006, 05:05 AM
wayneuk

hi mate its most defernatly the way forward for the t2er iam more than happy with my dx3 ..& now love pystol grip.. just look around as u can get a dx3 for £129 or £169 witha free receiver ..lol free even though it costs an extra £40????
Old 05-15-2006, 09:37 AM
Watch-out-for-that-frog

I just bought another brand of 2.4GHz with more power output. Thge people in Germany where I bought my car said it was really the way to go in large scale cars because it hopps and has more mixing. I should have it this week got it off eay new in the box $299.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:17 AM
cmar-ireland

What make is this one with more power output...... is it a Nomadio?
ORIGINAL: Watch-out-for-that-frog

I just bought another brand of 2.4GHz with more power output. Thge people in Germany where I bought my car said it was really the way to go in large scale cars because it hopps and has more mixing. I should have it this week got it off eay new in the box $299.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:23 AM
hellya

ORIGINAL: Watch-out-for-that-frog

More output???? The Spectrums range tops out at about 1/2 mile. Don't know about you, but that's more than practical for me (can't see tha dang thing that far!). The spektrum is a 'line of sight' kinda radio. if you can see your car your still in control[
Old 05-15-2006, 01:55 PM
rchertz

cheers, people,
it looks like the dx3 for me!!
ps jet pro comes 2moro,ill keep yers posted..(vid on way)
Old 05-17-2006, 05:39 AM
methodman

let me know how you get on with the spekky, and post that vid asap!
Old 05-17-2006, 09:22 PM
mymerc68

A friend of mine just bought one (dx-3) and it had bad servos out of the box. i think the spektrum concept is awesome, but the company that is marketing the technology at the moment needs to improve the quality control and not to dis, the dx-3 radio but it feels kind cheesy compared to some others out there. (no offence ppl, just an opinion.) im using an airtronics mx-3 with a failsafe, and mine is fine.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:07 AM
cmar-ireland

The spektrum servos are not up to the job of controling a large scale car/truck. They probably would be fine in a Savage/Revo etc.
The spektrum tx does feel a bit toy like, but the trade off is worth it....

ORIGINAL: mymerc68

A friend of mine just bought one (dx-3) and it had bad servos out of the box. i think the spektrum concept is awesome, but the company that is marketing the technology at the moment needs to improve the quality control and not to dis, the dx-3 radio but it feels kind cheesy compared to some others out there. (no offence ppl, just an opinion.) im using an airtronics mx-3 with a failsafe, and mine is fine.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:02 PM
rchertz

DX3 INSTALLED,AND SWEET AS A NUT! 1ST THING I NOTICED WAS THE RESPONSE TIME OF THE CAR HAS IMPROVED DRAMATICALY,
OK THE TX CASE IS NOT THE BEST IV SEEN BUT WHO CARES IT FEELS GOOD,AND £110(JUS 1 REC) YOU WONT BUY BETTER!
I CAN ASSURE YOU,
JUS WISH MY NEW JETPRO PIPE(FG-ST) WUD AV BEEN AS SWEET,SENT PIPE BACK TO SHOP,(GUTTED)MANAGED TO FIT ON AFTER A STRUGGLE,STARTED UP wow WAT A SOUND BEST IV HEARD YET BY FAR!! BUT IT HAD OTHER ISSUES WHICH I WONT GET INTO ON HERE! SORRY TO SEE IT GO,BUT SHIX APPINS,SO I IM STILL AFTER PIPE,ITS COMIN DOWN TO TUNED FG OR SAMBA[]
OR MITE JUS WAIT AND SEE WAT COMES ALONG.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:33 PM
mymerc68

The (Dx-3) that my friend bought with bad servos out of the box was to be used in a hot bodies lightning pro (1/8) scale not a giant scale.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:31 AM
methodman

DX3 INSTALLED,AND SWEET AS A NUT! 1ST THING I NOTICED WAS THE RESPONSE TIME OF THE CAR HAS IMPROVED DRAMATICALY,
OK THE TX CASE IS NOT THE BEST IV SEEN BUT WHO CARES IT FEELS GOOD,AND £110(JUS 1 REC) YOU WONT BUY BETTER!
I CAN ASSURE YOU,
JUS WISH MY NEW JETPRO PIPE(FG-ST) WUD AV BEEN AS SWEET,SENT PIPE BACK TO SHOP,(GUTTED)MANAGED TO FIT ON AFTER A STRUGGLE,STARTED UP wow WAT A SOUND BEST IV HEARD YET BY FAR!! BUT IT HAD OTHER ISSUES WHICH I WONT GET INTO ON HERE! SORRY TO SEE IT GO,BUT SHIX APPINS,SO I IM STILL AFTER PIPE,ITS COMIN DOWN TO TUNED FG OR SAMBA[]
OR MITE JUS WAIT AND SEE WAT COMES ALONG.

glad to hear your liking the spekky readio gear, i won a DX3 system on ebay this week!!

sorry to hear about the jetpro pipe mate, maybbe get a nother or just go for the samba?
Old 05-20-2006, 05:55 AM
rchertz

METHODMAN
I SET BRAKE FOR FAILSAFE,WHEN I SWITCH TRANNY OFF TO TEST FAILSAFE,THE BRAKES DONT LOCK AS GOOD AS ID LIKE,
IV TRYED RESETING(BINDING)TX AN RX, ANY IDEAS?
CHEERS
Old 05-20-2006, 07:04 AM
MadDogRC

hey guys,
what range does a AM radio normally get compared to an FM radio? and whats a good FM radio i can buy in australia which aint too expensive?
Old 05-20-2006, 09:27 AM
methodman

METHODMAN
I SET BRAKE FOR FAILSAFE,WHEN I SWITCH TRANNY OFF TO TEST FAILSAFE,THE BRAKES DONT LOCK AS GOOD AS ID LIKE,
IV TRYED RESETING(BINDING)TX AN RX, ANY IDEAS?
CHEERS
not too sure to bne honest matey, are you putting the brakes on FULL wehn you set the failsafe mode?
Old 05-20-2006, 01:27 PM
bigger the better

The failsafe will only tighten the brakes as tight as you can normally brake without it. (you prob already know that tho[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]) Make sure the setting for your brakes is regularly (Under use) tight or locking up, then rebind and make sure you hold the brake lever all the way up till bound - Hope this works -
Old 05-20-2006, 01:44 PM
bigger the better

Question for the radio informed?[sm=confused.gif]

I had a problem yesterday with my Spektrum or should I say I found it to be my throttle servo...[:@]
I would walk 80 steps away and the throttle would glitch, sputter and not repond, then the failsafe would engage. I sat and wondered what could be wrong with my transmitter and radio range.[&o] When I got close it seemed not to happen?? I thought I would go home and take my electronics apart so, started for the truck when my MT just stopped, I had full steering but no throttle *The throttle servo went to shi@*. I have replaced the servo and sent the failed one in for warranty through my LHS and all is back to normal but here is the question;

Will a dieing (failing) servo cause a problem with the electrical feed or radio wave to make the built in failsafe engage? Don't get me wrong I AM GRATEFUL it did! But until it died I thought I had a radio or interference problem, I would of never guessed that the servo would be causing the glitching and the failsafe to engage.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:57 PM
JRexA

A servo dying like that could happen at full steam, and then NO ordinary failsafe will save you...
A Servo return spring attached directly to the car thottle linkage might help, that is also needed if you go racing, to avoid runaways in case of a broken throttle servo rod.

I had it happen at full speed, and did not have a strong throttle return spring....
Luckily my car flipped over and landed on the roof, before hurting anyone or anything...

Another option would be an Engine Kill failsafe, or a remotely controlled engine kill switch. Those kan be found here: http://www.tune-fg.de
Sorry, that site is in german only.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:54 PM
MadDogRC

hey guys,
what range does a AM radio normally get compared to an FM radio? and whats a good FM radio i can buy in australia which aint too expensive?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.