Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Would you like to see "Official" Threads

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
48.39%
No
51.61%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Would you like to see "Official" Threads

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 07:09 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you like to see "Official" Threads

Ok who would like to see us try and clean up our forum area and make some Official type threads...sure they aren't really official but we could have the giant scale area look alot cleaner with a few official threads instead of 10,000 other threads.
Examples would be
Offiicial FG Onroad Thread
Official FG Offroad Thread
Official Firehammer/XTM/Carson/Smartech Thread
Official Harm Thread
Official HPI thread
and so on...so we support the majority of models used by most of us.
Maybe even ask the mods to let us add a stick for Large Scale Engine do's and don'ts and a simple tuning guide....cause we all tune the same way and we really all agree on the do's and don't of our engines.

So let's just see how many we can get to support it or not
Old 05-25-2006, 07:17 PM
teamchrome
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Would you like to see "Official" Threads

But that would be to easy, I would rather ask random questions, and then have others ask the same but on a later date.
Also Having a informative thread locked or partialy or compleatly deleted is my idea of great fun.[X(]
Yes this would be a better way of grouping and collecting info. Good idea.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:47 PM
tizdaz

The problem with "Official" threads, is they end up xxx amount of pages long, the 1st couple of pages might be interesting, after that it becomes repetative & theres no telling what info etc is inside the thread for ppl who might be looking for answers, I think its best the way things are (make a new thread for each topic), so we know specifically what that topic is about by looking at the header

Also the fact that it annoys me when people start one saying with summit like

!!!!!!*******OFFICIAL <insert model here!> THREAD********!!!!!! (when i see this it makes wanna NOT look inside it!)

instead of just .. Official <insert model here> thread

..Your idea about stickys for engine tuning & other common problems etc, I like
Old 05-25-2006, 08:15 PM
amitysanimal

I agree with rctruckz....If you have one thread that only deals with say the FG MB, well when it gets to be 40 to 50 pages long, it takes a LONG time to read through all those pages to find you answer. And people end up going way off track really easy, ending up with a lot of useless info.

I see on the plane sites there are specific threads for a certain plane. That I can see becasue the info for that particular plane will only work for that plane. And there are SO MANY different planes out there.

Also, a lot of info that pertains to say the MB, also will relate to the Firehammer, and vice versa. So you could be missing a lot of good info if you own a Firehammer and don't read the MB thread.

I like having a variety of things to read all on one page too.

amitysanimal
Old 05-25-2006, 08:26 PM
hpiguy

Maybe they just make it mandatory to use the SEARCH before posting a new thread.

That would eliminate 90% of these threads that ask the same questions over and over and over again.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:44 PM
Timmahh
Banned

Personally the only way i d like to see threads OFFICIAL is if it is Started and Supported by the said company... ie Official HPI Baha 5B thread to be started and monitored by HPI Tech Support, Official FG forum started and monitored and supported by FG and the Main retailers/outlets ect.... THEN ITS OFFICIAL, anything else to me comes across as LOOK AT ME IM OFFICIAL! kind of like the Kings Jester introduces him self as the OFFICAL COURT JESTER. the only problem with being the jester, no matter how funny you are, they are laughtin AT the Jester and not WITH the Jester..
though sub forums for different stuff would be great. HPI Baja 5B sub, Traxxas MB forum FG Forum, then additional sub forums considering FG has 3 or 4 different items, though most are very similar. when im in the nitro area and i see the ANYONE OWN A// or OFFICIAL SAVAGE THREAD only to find out 60% of those posts are just restatments of another post in another forum and are pretty much useless.. if we really want it not so hap hazzard here in this largescale forum, this IS the only good way....
m3c
Timmahh
Old 05-25-2006, 11:03 PM
CodeToad

I don't think offical "threads" is a good idea, but perhaps official sub-forums within the large-scale forum. RCU may not be willing to do that, but I think it'd make things nice myself
Old 05-26-2006, 12:31 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

official should be only for stuff like....

Offical baja 5b thered

Not 35600 about it

Also there should be a STICKY that says to first do a search before posting
Old 05-26-2006, 02:15 AM
radio_controlled_mad

ORIGINAL: CodeToad

I don't think offical "threads" is a good idea, but perhaps official sub-forums within the large-scale forum. RCU may not be willing to do that, but I think it'd make things nice myself

hpi already have there own forums on rcu,personally i think official threads are bad idea,theres only so much you can talk/read about over the same thing before it becomes boring

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_387/tt.htm
Old 05-26-2006, 03:54 AM
Croozer

I would like to see people use the search function.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:01 AM
badz

I don't get it if a thread is 40-50 pages long what does that matter? You don't read every post every day, no thread grabs 50 post per day.....as far as them being totally official well only certain companies actually really support their products and some don't and I don't know of any company that would want a second party or distributer or retailer doing support on their item...threads don't got to be called the official whatever...in the plane sections we just post the plane's name...U-Can-Do .46 or Sig Rascal 110 something like that..I'm sure HPI will have a support area for the Baja but those area's are for SUPPORT not general postings such as we have in this area...we'd still have threads of other natures....samba pipe on whatever or these rims on this or that just instead of having 7000 threads on 1 model you would have 1...as far as using search well it's far from perfect...type in FG and hit search you get nothing found, even though there is hundreds of threads here...so forcing one to use search would absolutly suck....as far as stickies go I don't know if rcu would add those it'd be nice...specially a tuning and or troubleshooting guide and some tips/tricks for these things
Old 05-26-2006, 07:50 AM
j.hamp

i quite like this the way it is.

the only way it could be split in to threads is ON ROAD and OFF ROAD as many of the FG copies are from the same mold parts are interchangable and i for 1 dont want to be looking through half a dozen threads looking for answers.

if its not broken dont fix it.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:41 AM
Timmahh
Banned

ageed on the search, put in F4U and you ll get 100s of hits on threads that only have one F4U comment. and its burried in the middle. even following the red left hand hit indicator is no help... search for this word: THE and you ll get an idea of this RCUs search function, Every thead has the word THE in it, but it says its invalid.. now i realize its a generic search, but it should STILL GIVE SOMETHING....so its typically worthless imho, so your left to click and read.. or try to seach vs for versus. as many many many threads are wiggle vs waggle. you get squat.. so haveing Dedicated areas for these is a great idea and will help us tremendously.... just not OFFICIAL..
i understand Badz point of the 2nd hand stores monitoring say the FG Official Forum, but Honestly most of the help we get is from them EXACTLY. so why not have your #1 and #2 distributor working together with the Manufacturer to monitor a site as big as this OFFICIAL Forums.. persoannly i think it will only do one thing. IMPORVE CUSTOMER SERVICE.. and we all know good CS is worth 100000000000000000000s of sold products...
try to come in one day and simply look for something you need to know.. without posting a new topic, or READING FOR WEEKS, your left with WAY to much time waisted. thus the reason for so many identical post, cuz even if you DO search you only get about 1/3 of what your looking for,,,,, ie. i have an ARF 120 P47 Tbolt i got this spring, i came in and did a search had 100s of hits, 99% of them were simple threads but i had to sit and read for 5 days basically to get what little bit of information i was looking for.. i posted a ? and had it answered in 3 hrs. you make the call.
Timmahh
Old 05-26-2006, 02:04 PM
Croozer

ORIGINAL: badz

as far as using search well it's far from perfect...type in FG and hit search you get nothing found, even though there is hundreds of threads here...so forcing one to use search would absolutly suck
You have to be a bit more specific than just typing FG, you can input FG Monster Beetle and you will get what you ask for, I was looking for info on the 2 speed and the search worked great.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:13 PM
badz

I've done that it still breaks the words down and provides a poor search.

44/1000
The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. RC Electric Cars, Buggies & Trucks EVADERCHAOS 2102 24562 5/26/2006 2:28:17 AM
bIGmiK
56/1000
Another new toy RC Helicopter General Discussions kiora 5 109 5/26/2006 2:00:06 AM
Heli007
234/1000
photos, lets see some of yours RC Giant Scale Cars mike_humphreys 262 16354 5/25/2006 1:25:06 PM
rover man
64/1000
Maxx Gasser Build Notes (Gas S-Maxx Conversion) Pics, Vid Traxxas Monster Truck forum Dr Honda 341 20810 5/25/2006 12:46:19 PM
Quickywd01
64/1000
MT Cable Breaks RC Giant Scale Cars bigger the better 13 188 5/21/2006 4:31:50 AM
caad5
64/1000
Anyone know of a good 1/10 Baja Beetle body? RC Electric Cars, Buggies & Trucks Raketemensch 6 53 5/18/2006 10:42:31 AM

Top 5 posted....one hit for giant scale rc cares and it's with cable brakes, something I didn't even search for.