Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

HPI BAJA 5B....FINALLY HERE

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 11:28 PM
footdok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI BAJA 5B....FINALLY HERE

Just picked mine up here in So Cal. $979.00 from Ultimate hobbies in Orange. Man, it is fantastic!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 12:01 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HPI BAJA 5B....FINALLY HERE

I'd say welcome to the club, but I don't see any "dirty" photos yet. Why not? It doesn't take that long to charge up the batteries.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:26 AM
crv
My Feedback: (1)

$979.00, out the door or $979.00 plus tax???
Old 06-01-2006, 12:49 AM
Timmahh
Banned

seen one for 899.99 but dont remember the site, and was out of stock 2 days ago.... someone here posted it i think.
Timmahh
Old 06-01-2006, 12:49 AM
footdok

With tax it was $1075...out the door. I was suprised to see all of the extra parts, oil(s) and tools! But have not fired it up yet. Too loud for the neighbors! Tomorrow for sure....
Old 06-01-2006, 01:02 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: crv
$979.00, out the door or $979.00 plus tax???
Since you are in California, it would probably be "plus" tax.
http://www.ultimatehobbies.com//l113.html
Old 06-01-2006, 01:09 AM
J_D

i hate tax
Old 06-01-2006, 01:47 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: J_D
i hate tax
That's one reason I very seldom order from Tower--I get hit with tax. Might as well visit the LHS most of the time.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:28 AM
rhylsadar

hi
so now that the baja is finally out we can look forward for reports and experience sharing. [8D]
thats just good news!
bye
rhylsadar
Old 06-01-2006, 07:02 AM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

In North Carolina the state income tax forms have a field for specifying how much you spent in the previous year on untaxed online and phone purchases. They take that value and multiply it by 6% - 7% (can't remember which) and add it to your tax bill.

I report my online purchases there. I have heard rumors that it is a 'red flag' to auditors if you report nothing there. I'm not cheating the tax man but I have no desire to have to prove I am not cheating him []

There will come a day very soon where states will try to force sites to collect out of state sales tax and transfer that money to the state where the purchaser lives. I don't know if that is currently in violation of any federal interstate commerce laws but I am sure the days of 'no tax' for out of state purchases are numbered. This will put a huge burden on small Internet-based retailers for sure.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:13 AM
J_D

good thing about austraila is we dont pay too much tax, u dont pay any tax until ur item is over $1500 i think.

but i think we have a free trade agreement with the US so theres even less tax, or a bigger, no tax backet.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:49 PM
BP5589
My Feedback: (4)

Just got an e-mail from Tower, shipped from Reno warehouse today. I ordered it when it was at the lowest price from Tower--$949.00-- Then take off $30.00 for some special they had back then, no tax and no shipping!! First gasser for me, plane or car.
Bill
www.bp55899.com
Old 06-01-2006, 02:55 PM
BP5589
My Feedback: (4)

Well, that was quick. UPS just dropped it off!
Old 06-01-2006, 03:22 PM
russ333

6%[X(] In the UK its 17.5% on just about everything[:@] Rip off Britain
Old 06-01-2006, 05:36 PM
hellya

6% In the UK its 17.5% on just about everything Rip off Britain
First they take Federal taxes from our pay checks, then we have to pay sales tax everytime we buy anything except Food

For every dollar I earn the government gets .30- 35 cents ...... 6 percent is only the state sales tax [>:]

There will come a day very soon where states will try to force sites to collect out of state sales tax and transfer that money to the state where the purchaser lives. I don't know if that is currently in violation of any federal interstate commerce laws but I am sure the days of 'no tax' for out of state purchases are numbered. This will put a huge burden on small Internet-based retailers for sure.
Yep then the prices will go up accordingly and the merchants will have to have a chart showing the sales tax for each state.............then what???
You have to send each and every state their tax you collected??? 50 different accounts dang too much work......I think the internet based seller will be forced to charge the sales tax related to the state their business is located in.

I sell out of state and out of country ......The rule is, if you dont charge/collect the state sales tax, you dont pay it and all out of state purchases you dont charge...... I cant charge someone from Carolina my Washington State sales tax. They dont live there!

I live in Washington its 9% here you live were its 7% .......Its a tuffy

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW BUGGY!!!! Post action some pictures
Old 06-01-2006, 07:05 PM
Timmahh
Banned

its 6% here im Mi... i ll by offline out of state ANY TIME. the state can bite me for taxes, as stated above, we pay federal taxes, most of which is poorly managed and squandered to countries that have OIL or anything else the american government wants ie airspace, a small team of assassins to go find and kill bin laden 10 yrs ago. border coverage. they give a guy amrs to take to nicuragua to help the rebels fight for freedom and that same guy then flies to Cuba and loads up with cocaine and brings it back into the USA. our lovely Director of the CIA at that time was Privvy to all this, and still let it happen for years... who was that CIA Director you ask? None Other than George Bush Senior.. ahh the american government at work.....

i pay for social security which most likely wont help me in 30 yrs when i m able to collect it, it will be long gone before then..
and then theres ANYTHING you want with exception to food to pay taxes on here in Mi... we have a lottery commission the SWEARS it gives 55% of its lottery sales to the public school systems, meanwhile statewide, school systems are broke, and teachers have to use their OWN MONEY to buy material for the kids in class.[:@] i ll take the 6% and find MUCH BETTER USE of it than let my state waiste it... like GAS and Mix/ parts/ Pencils/Paper/Glue for the kids in my daughters class. ANYTHING BUT MORE TAXES... now add 3.00 per gallon for gas..... you get my drift......... and all that being said, there is STILL no where else i d rather live except maybe Amsterdam for obvious reasons.. id be a "Salid eating ****!!!!" lol
ok im done ranting now...
Timmahh
Old 06-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

This forum is about R/C. No political discussions are permitted in this forum or even in the off-topic forum.

TOPICS OF DISCUSSION:
Although discussion forums encourage a wide range of opinions, please keep your posts focused on the topic of the forum in which you are submitting your message. [*] Each forum has a different topic, so what is appropriate in one forum or thread may not be appropriate in another. [*] RCUniverse.com is focused on R/C. Accordingly, topics must remain R/C related. [*] We do not permit political, social, religious, or other off-topic discussions. There are many places online to express your opinions on issues outside of RC so "RC" Universe is designed to be a place to talk just about RC.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:08 AM
thopper

Who is going to vote for Jeb Bush in the next election?
Old 06-02-2006, 12:54 AM
Timmahh
Banned

now thats what i call putting a stick in the eye.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:40 AM
TurtleRacing

Mine will be here Wed. the 7th!! Gonna seem longer then the wait since Dec!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2006, 04:53 PM
Timmahh
Banned

Turtle where from Rush? i called Tower a week ago wednesday when the listed instock limited quanities, and was told they didnt have them at that time..... i asked why the instock limited quanities, and was told it was either a mod error or they all were tagged for shipment already.
Timmahh

ps. someone mentioned alloy carriers, dont the Baja come with them already??