Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

fg st brakes help quick

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 12:47 AM
outlawti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fg st brakes help quick

hello fellas i have one more day until my truck is at lhs so i have paid for a 2 channel spektrum radio with hi torque servos. after ready several post should i upgrade to the 3 channel spektrum for 80 more dollars with extra receiver or will the 2 channel allow me to add cable brakes in the future as well. thank
Old 06-06-2006, 02:35 AM
mike_humphreys

Default RE: fg st brakes help quick

I don't know the spektrum but all these toy cars should have the option for three channels so brake mixing is possible.

Mike

p.s i use the 3PK
Old 06-06-2006, 06:12 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: outlawti

hello fellas i have one more day until my truck is at lhs so i have paid for a 2 channel spektrum radio with hi torque servos. after ready several post should i upgrade to the 3 channel spektrum for 80 more dollars with extra receiver or will the 2 channel allow me to add cable brakes in the future as well. thank

You do realise that you can only use the 1 servo for a gaser don't you? They take 1/4 scale servo's for steering. I'd grab the 3 channel radio.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:17 AM
JRexA

The extra receiver is worth it, then you are ready when you get car nr. 2 , and you also get a 3'rd channel as a bonus If you someday decide to do "things" that requires a third channel.

Brake mixing for front brakes is one of those.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:55 PM
bigger the better

I Have an MT and use the Spektrum 3 channel.[sm=thumbup.gif] Hope to get front brakes soon and use it 70-30 with the 3rd channel and rear brake.

Also agree, you will want to upgrade the stock servo used for brake/throttle, check to see if your lhs will let you trade the new one/ones in for one you can use. And yes, you will need a 1/4 scale servo. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!