Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

took fg st to local track against nitros in practice

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

took fg st to local track against nitros in practice

Old 06-17-2006, 04:02 PM
outlawti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default took fg st to local track against nitros in practice

took my fg stadium truck to local 1/8 and 1/10 scale track. Everyone with nitros was looking at my truck only it stole the show. I was racing this guy with a revo in a drag race he could beat me only because these stock st tires were spinning I tried to get him to go to the parking lot but he wouldnt do it he said he could tell mine was faster in a flat out drag. I was surpised at how out of the whole my truck could run with nitros it made me really realize how fast this big thing is. My two speed will be here tues or wed.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:21 PM
BuggZy99
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: took fg st to local track against nitros in practice

yeah, i hear ya, we cant really notice how fast they really are untill we race nitro junkies.
im also planning on a 2 speed very soon enough for my mt.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:05 AM
savvy-racer

hey outlawti, how is your st holding up. does it break really easy cause i'm thinking about getting a st too. by the way what kind of oil are you using and whats the mixture. thanks
Old 06-18-2006, 12:19 AM
outlawti

hey savvy racer. im from flint michigan but moved to texas with my job. My sister graduated from michigan state small world isnt it. My fg st is awesome only problems ive had is screws coming loose from vibration but other than that no problems. I will be taking my fg home to flint to play with my buddy and his nitros in august maybe we can arrange something to hookup.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:23 AM
outlawti

sorry savvy racer i use honda synthetic oil for their dirtbikes. i mix it 32:1
Old 06-18-2006, 12:36 AM
Timmahh
Banned

Hey, Im in Midland, hr north of Flint, got a Baja5B and my neighbors should be here tues. we ll meet up n bash too. i have alot of family still in the CL10 Flint/Mt Morris area. gonna be dumping the Maxxs, and either get an onroad or an mt. prolly an MtT cuz there is NO onroad around here. but would LOVE a F1!
Timmahh
Old 06-18-2006, 12:52 AM
outlawti

I used to work at the general motors plant in bay city michigan before transferring to texas 5 years ago if. I will be going home end of july or sometime in august if you guys want to get together i will ship my fg to my parents house a week before i leave so it will be waiting on me. My best friend has a revo he"s in flint. He mentioned he saw a baja in person at the lhs and said it was awesome. After i get my fg the way i want it i may buy one this winter. So i would love to hookup with you guys when i go home and play.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:54 AM
outlawti

my email is [email protected] maybe we can meet in mtmorris near the mounds or anywhere you guys know that are good spots
Old 06-18-2006, 01:38 AM
Timmahh
Banned

im still looking for a decent place..lol
Old 06-18-2006, 08:35 PM
savvy-racer

hey guys i think thats a good idea to get together and bash. i used to live in lansing, but i moved to westland now. i don't know any good place to bash around here. and how we gotta get in touch with each other until august. let me know if anything ever happen and my email is [email protected].
Old 06-18-2006, 08:40 PM
savvy-racer

hey timmahh don't you live around westland and do you go to dirtburner race track alot. i think we should meet up at dirtburner sometime and bash. what do you think.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:52 PM
Timmahh
Banned

here s my info too [email protected] or [email protected] either one i ve heard of the mounds in mt morris, but never been there. of course we could REALLY get froggy and go to Sleeping Bear Dunes,lol but that would be an extreme case lol.but damn, what a KILLER place, all sand dunes on the west shores of L Michigan up in keewanau.. its about an hr North of Travers City. but i know there are some GR8 places between here and flint. i ve just been drawing blanks. But my eye is open.. i know there is a nice size motocross track east of Clio on 57 i think it is.. anyways. i ll keep looking. theres also 4 other Baja Owners in Mi, one near Meskegeon. one in Lake Orion, one south of Detroit and one somewhere near lansing. plus my neighbors Baja will be here Tuesday and his Brothers probably at months end. so we could really end up with a good turnout. not to mention the FG owners. I have an idea that may work out, but i dont expect it to pan out this year.. i ll keep checking out places and post up ideas. if you guys think of something put it up so maybe we can find a good spot.
Timmahh
Old 06-18-2006, 09:05 PM
outlawti

im all in will be home end of july or early august. What day of the week works out best for you guys. sat or sun. hopefully sat as i may come in on a fri and leave sunday. would love to run with another gasser. I have even been calling the hobby shops to see if anyone has bought a baja but not yet. They say there was one at the track i went to but nobody knew who he was. And they said there was an fg mt truck there before but once again theyve only seen him once. So theres people who have them just hard to find. I look forward to meeting you guys. Just take it easy on your cars until i get there so you dont break anything
Old 06-18-2006, 09:58 PM
Timmahh
Banned

Savvy thats a NO on both at this point.. im north of flint an hr. db is about 3 hr drive for me so its a haul. so i ve as yet not been there. after i get done doing my daughters emaxx im gonna reassemble a Maxx racer with a CEN .46 motor. and with any luck a HPI or CEN 3 speed tranny though, but i dont expect to have it ready until the end of month maybe mid july at the rate im going..lol but when ready, i d be more than happy to meet up at DBs or somewhere to track it..
Timmahh
Old 06-18-2006, 10:46 PM
savvy-racer

sounds good to me guys. can't wait until then.