Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

2-SPEED 4 FIREHAMMER

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 04:19 PM
SaintAnger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2-SPEED 4 FIREHAMMER

I would like to know if anyone has put a 2-speed on a firehammer, if so what all other parts would i need to do this. my local hobby shop as a 2-speed for the fg, but either one of was were to sure if it would fit or not. i fig that since it's a clone of the fg buggy that it would but i want to be sure, and if anyone knows any links that have 2-speeds i would like to see them too. thanks guys
Old 06-18-2006, 05:01 PM
part-time
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: 2-SPEED 4 FIREHAMMER

from what i understand is that u either have to change the gears to a different ratio or change the motor mounts and gear plate
Old 06-18-2006, 07:56 PM
SaintAnger

i knew the gears would have to be changed to allow the 2-speed to work, but doen't the fg have the same mounting set as the firehammer. and if that is ture then why would i have to change the mounts. does anyone have any infor on the process like a link that would show how it is installed and what mods need to be done. i am just looking for more mph, i could just change the grea ratio but i want to see a bigger diff. in mph, i have looked at some pipes but i'm not sure if they would help to much in the high end, i am sure the pipe will help in the low end but that area is fine for now. i have also looked into getting a HB henson quick draw motor to drop in too. has anyone every used one of these motors and if so how did it do.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:57 PM
SaintAnger

just to add to my last post. the 2-speed comes with the gears if i am not mistaken, maybe one of you guys could let me know if i am wrong.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:53 AM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

The clone pinion gear diameter is different than FG. You will get new pinions with the 2-speed kit. You will need a new FG gear carrier plate (holds clutch bell/pinion and layshaft/spur gear) and new large engine mount because all that spacing is off by the diameter difference between the two pinion sizes. The small engine mount is identical between clones and FG. The layshaft and all that stuff is the same between the two also.

The spur gear is the same diameter for clones and FG.

I don't know if the Firehammer rear disc brake assembly will work on the FG gear carrier plate.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:41 PM
J_D

couldn;t u just split pair?

like an FG gear set that works, may be for example, 16/48

but to use on ur firehammer, u'd just have to use a different pinion to make it fit, Ie. 17/48

do you get what i'm saying ?

who knows, maybe duratrax will come out with a 2 speed