Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

New Jetpro Baja Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 11:07 AM
Oneill Brothers Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Jetpro Baja Pipe

Here are some pictures of the redesigned pipe for the baja.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:11 AM
TurtleRacing

Default RE: New Jetpro Baja Pipe

Alot BETTER!!! How much & how soon?? Good Job, glad to see you went back to the drawing board. Is the silencer packed & can it be drivin without? I really don't care about the noise.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:25 AM
buggymangp

i think i still like the x can better. smaller, sleeker. but this jetpro is better looking
than that tuba looking one.
BTW. i have to run the stock pipe for awhile. no money[]
Old 06-23-2006, 11:38 AM
Doohan

That looks 10 times better than the 1st attempt.
If you flipped or rolled it would still cop a whack....how is it braced to the rear roll cage/where is the mounting point?
Old 06-23-2006, 12:11 PM
rubixcube

That looks, much, much better than the original. I would also like to know how it is mounted in the back end.

Have you had a chance to run with it yet? I would love to see some video of it in action.

Is it possible to do a dyno test of the stock set up, and this set up, so we could check out the results, and see the performance gains?
Old 06-23-2006, 12:24 PM
USABaja5B

Is there any kind of spark arrestor on these? The desert isnear me is getting closed due to fires,a nd teh only way they let you in teh open areas is with spark arrestors.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:32 PM
TurtleRacing

All you have to do is put metal screen in the silencer, replace it every so often & you're good to go.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:22 PM
original.mb

BRAVO

now thats what i'm talkin' bout dude. it fits the form of the buggy and looks wicked man that looks sexy

makes me wanna buy a baja just to install that badboy

well done lads look forward to test results
Old 06-23-2006, 02:35 PM
Oneill Brothers Racing

Alot BETTER!!! How much & how soon?? Good Job, glad to see you went back to the drawing board. Is the silencer packed & can it be drivin without? I really don't care about the noise.
The pipes should be in early next week. They will be $190. The silencer is packed. You can drill the rivets out and take the packing out. You can take the core of the silencer out if you want to. That will make it very loud.
That looks 10 times better than the 1st attempt.
If you flipped or rolled it would still cop a whack....how is it braced to the rear roll cage/where is the mounting point?
The pipe mounts on the side of the purple support bar in the back.
That looks, much, much better than the original. I would also like to know how it is mounted in the back end.

Have you had a chance to run with it yet? I would love to see some video of it in action.

Is it possible to do a dyno test of the stock set up, and this set up, so we could check out the results, and see the performance gains?
I will not have the pipe until next week. As soon as we finish getting our dyno set up we will post results.
Is there any kind of spark arrestor on these? The desert isnear me is getting closed due to fires,a nd teh only way they let you in teh open areas is with spark arrestors.
This pipe does not have a spark arrestor.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:45 PM
Automan

That look much better then the first bulky thing you showed in here. This one should work out just fine for the time being atleast I guess it's not the best jetpro performer out there, but you really dont have much space to work on with the baja, but this pipe you show will probably do just fine for most out there. Good work Jetpro !
Old 06-23-2006, 09:07 PM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

one thing i dont get with jetpro is the finish ? they should spend alittle more time with atleast grinding the welds !! all the pipe's have terribles beads left to see !!
just my thought , but other then that well done on the pipe !! +
Old 06-23-2006, 11:50 PM
Devilsstable

Nice job Dino, I told you people would like this type of design much better. Now all you have to do is do a 90 with the silencer and fire it off towards the left rear tire. A little 45 degree tip on the silencer and I think you got a winner.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:38 AM
crv
My Feedback: (1)

Nice job Dino, I told you people would like this type of design much better. Now all you have to do is do a 90 with the silencer and fire it off towards the left rear tire. A little 45 degree tip on the silencer and I think you got a winner.
[/quote]

Agreed 100%!!! With a 90deg. facing the lft rear tire shopuld give it a nice finished touch...Of course finishing off the welds would greatly improve the look of the pipe...
A thought....chrome is nice and all, (not all chrome finishes agree with all styles of cars/trucks); but not on the 5b...Wouldn't a black finish look more appealing??? Or maybe purple??? Just so's to really match the pipe up with the 5b itself. Of course since there are those who like the chrome look, we must have a chrome pipe also...I don't think that these little fixes would raise any the price of the JetPro....Surely would definitely increase it's sales though!!! Items that are pleasing to the eye sell more and faster, especially in the R/C world...Again, just thinkin out loud....[8D]
Old 06-24-2006, 07:33 AM
TurtleRacing

I'd much rather have the chrome!! Also, the welds keep it looking like a dirtbike pipe. I like it, I wouldn't want a smoothed out pipe at all.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:24 PM
rubixcube

I would agree about having different finishes. A black finish pipe would blend into the natural looks of the baja nicely.

The chorme looks good, but to me it is to eye catching. It's the first thing that someone would notice about the baja, and maybe make it a distractment of sort.

If the pipe came in a black finish, hold up to some abuse, and give the engine good performance. I would seriously think about ordering one. To me the chrome just doesn't seem right in this vehicle.

A black pipe and a chrome tip, or elbow might look good, or even a purple tip or elbow.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:36 AM
Devilsstable

I like your guys idea's about other colors. These pipes could easily be offered in a raw finish and the user could paint the pipe with many of the different high temp paints out there. We've had great luck with the black BBQ paint. There are other ceramic type coating out there that come in many different colors but they are also pretty pricey. Just keep in mind Jet-Pro will not warranty any pipe that is sold raw, as it can become rusted and start to break down.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:16 AM
carpy100

dont know if i should be posting this, but....
i got the jetpro silencer and cut 1 1/2" off the end then replaced the tip.
this made it sound louder but not too loud, cut down a little on weight & more importantly back pressure.
in this case it would prevent damage to the pipe as it wouldnt stick out beyond the outermost points of bodywork.

nice one for listening to your market sean