Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

my fg monster truck will not start

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

my fg monster truck will not start

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 08:52 PM
mxzrev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my fg monster truck will not start

i recently purchased a slightly used fg monster truck on ebay....it ran great for the first few hours i ran it,but now it will not start at all...it is getting spark and gas and i cleaned the air filter,but no matter what i do it will not start...being new to the world of r/c trucks,any information that anyone can give me would be much appreciated.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:17 PM
quietfly

Default RE: my fg monster truck will not start

try using the choke on the carb, or seeing if the choke some how became closed. those are the two things i'd check.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:07 AM
outlawti

I had the same problem on my fg st. I changed the plug yours maybe ok mine probaly was I think i flooded the thing. Try starting it with the choke in the vertical direction keep pulling without giving it gas. Then when it tries to start but then dies turn the choke in the horizontal direction then give a little gas then pull the cord and it should go vmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 06-27-2006, 02:32 AM
ScooterTrash

After you pull the Plug turn the truck up side down & Pull the starter rope a fue times, then set it on the tire's & let it set a while to dry out, then install a new plug set it at .025, Start off with the stock MIXTURE SETTINGS: Zenoah G230RC/260RC H 1.1/2 turns L 1.1/4 turns. Make sure the idle screw is screwed in a bit & then Prime the Primer Bulb until it fills with fuel. Put the choke lever (Black lever beside the Primer Bulb) in the straight down position. Pull the starter until it fires or hit's or try's to start what ever you want to call it(Usually 1 -2 pulls). Put the choke back into the horizontal position (Run Position). Pull 1 to 4 more times until running! If that doesn't get it running, It might be the timing[:@] Hope Not. Good Luck, PS: You also might have to take off the primer bulb 4 small screws & clean the diafram with fresh Fuel & look it over for small holes or tear's. Good Luck!,[sm=thumbup.gif]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27422.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	483493  
Old 06-27-2006, 04:38 AM
mike_humphreys

Do you have good compression? if not, take off the carb and the exhaust and check for signs of damage.

Mike
Old 06-27-2006, 08:04 AM
ScooterTrash

You should have replied it to mxzrev, not me! He posted the original post, I was trying to help him out![sm=confused.gif]
Old 06-27-2006, 08:19 AM
Automan

ORIGINAL: ScooterTrash

You should have replied it to mxzrev, not me! He posted the original post, I was trying to help him out![sm=confused.gif]
kinda funny that is if you dont know this Scooter Trash, most people will use the latest reply button on the thread, no big deal and the reply is usually to the original poster and not the latest in the thread cause his reply button is used

Anyways, to the original poster... have you solved your problems yet ?
Old 06-27-2006, 08:33 AM
ScooterTrash

[8D] Thanks Automan, What do you mean by "if you don't know this Scooter Trash" ? LOL PS: Sorry to here about your little Buddies, I know the fealing of the same type of loss![sm=rolleyes.gif]
Old 06-27-2006, 08:53 AM
Automan

What do you mean by "if you don't know this Scooter Trash" ? LOL
He he, well i guess i did wrote that kinda strange sorry about that.

Sorry to here about your little Buddies, I know the fealing of the same type of loss!
Thank you for those kind words Scooter Trash. Yes they do leave a big empty place.... sad, but even if very sad things happen... we lost loved familymembers......... life have to go on, even if it feels hard sometimes.