Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Jetpro 2 for the MT impressions.

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Jetpro 2 for the MT impressions.

Old 07-03-2006, 09:16 PM
JQuest64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetpro 2 for the MT impressions.

Oh Hell Yeah, that's what I'm talking about!!

Picked the Jetpro 2 up at my LHS. Install was a bit tough, it is a tight fit and I have some aftermarket stuff on my MT. After a little creative fitting, swearing and sweating I was ready to fire it up.

Off the line torque is insane to say the least. The truck just seems to want to get up and keep going. I definitely noticed immediate improvement, and that was before tuning.
I ran it about ten minutes, then checked for tightness. Fired her back off and started to make some adjustments.

First punch, flipped on its lid, wheelie bar now on order . Hit it more controlled, and tore the hell out of my lawn but launched incredibly. Did some speed passes and was truly impressed. I definitely hit much better speeds, much quicker. Definitely need to get to the field for more testing and see how fast she really goes.

One thing I did notice as well was my jumps seemed to be much better. Maybe I was just having a better day, but I seemed to launch much better. Maybe the little extra weight has helped.

So far I have to say, the Jetpro 2 has impressed me quite a lot. More impressions as I go.

The pipe is also much quieter then I thought it would be, for me that is a great thing.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:21 PM
J_D

Default RE: Jetpro 2 for the MT impressions.

queit? does that have the silencer inbuilt?

while we are on jetpros, does anyone know where i can get the slip on silencer?
Old 07-04-2006, 05:30 AM
Automan

I got mine a while back (just after they came out really, been waiting for a pipe like this from Jetpro), and it was a really tight fit... had to trim the hole by the gearplate some to make it fit better. The power felt real good, and when standing still it is really silenced, but when open up the throttle it gets pretty loud. Compared this Jetpro integral monster truck version 2 to my Samba Monster truck special.... cant say it's a big difference, there is a difference and it's mainly that they just have different character these pipes, and they are suited for different sized of engines in my own experience. I like them both, and the Samba now sits on another car and performs like cray [sm=thumbup.gif] Just as the Jetpro does on my bigfoot. No way i wanted to sell my Samba cause i got the new Jetpro.

I to was surprised how low the sound was when idle, then it get's much louder when you hit the gas... but still it's a softer and more comfortable sound then without a silencer, but it still rips up everything in it's path with no hesitation ever, just kick arse power and a cool shiny look [8D]

I would like to say that this is the way a real FG MT pipe should look like (and perform), just as these two i have... the Samba and Jetpro[sm=thumbup.gif] But that's my opinion
Old 07-04-2006, 06:49 AM
JQuest64

JD, it does have the silencer built in. Pipe looks nice in the truck. It does seem it will make working on it harder to do however without removing it.

I got mine a while back (just after they came out really, been waiting for a pipe like this from Jetpro), and it was a really tight fit... had to trim the hole by the gearplate some to make it fit better.
I had to do the same exact thing Auto. I guess it is a manufacturing issue then.
Also, while I got you hear, I never got a chance to measure the bolt you asked me about. It is the same size as the turnbuckle bolt for adjusting the front end alignment however.
The front end has held up well. The only weak point I noticed was the shock mount assemblies. I am in the process of removing the quick disconnects and going back to through bolts. It seems the ends of the bolts have hex crowns in them, and the break in those areas.

Over all though, I have to say the front end is real strong. I have put it through the paces and it has handled everything i have dished out to it.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:25 AM
Big Boys Toys and Hobbies

I have the JetPro version 2 on My 4X4 FG MT, works awesome. For a silenced pipe it still has a lot of sound. Like a slight poping sound. I like it!!!
Old 07-04-2006, 08:08 AM
gurumods
My Feedback: (43)

May we have some pics of this new v2 pipe installed.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:23 AM
ScooterTrash

Here is mine installed in the FG BigFoot[sm=lol.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92039.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	486748   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51240.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	486749   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98401.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	486750  
Old 07-04-2006, 08:26 AM
JQuest64

Here are a couple, don't mind the dirt this was after the test runs. I'll post some more when she looks all purty

Old 07-04-2006, 08:39 AM
Automan

JQuest64, thanks about the bolt thing but i solved it... just forgot to mail you about it, but thanks anyways. About the pipe, yes... i first thought that it was my setup so i really rechecked it, but i came to the conclusion that it is a manufacturing issue as you said.
The front, yes it is real good.. strong beefy, but i agree.. there should be a littlebit longer bolts for the quickmounts on the top. Other then that and not having that ultra shine as Elcon have on the rest of the truck, it is crazy[sm=bananahead.gif] that it cost so little.... but i guess the price will go up on that set soon []
It do look real strong and fit very well, no problems assembling it at all. It slaps on real quick and are quite bulletproof as you shown and have real good quality parts. Still amazed about the price though [sm=eek.gif]

J D, yes this have the built in silencer, may be a little tricky to take it out and change the inside when needed. It just soften up the sound, doesn't lower it that much what i noticed.
A slip on muff for your pipe J D.... i saw a nice short one on ebay uk a long while ago, and i think there is a special slip on for Jetpro, but if you can do a little work and are a littlebit handy, go to a goped shop and get either one of these below...

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product465.html

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product59.html

They may work, or maybe be a littlebit to big... i haven't seen them in person, so i cant say.

I just know there is a special silencer slip on for the Jetpro, looks like it's made for that pipe anyways, but i just cant find it right now. If i find it later i will let you know.

Edit, nice pictures JQuest64. It sure is the right kind of pipe for the Bigfoot [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 07-04-2006, 09:45 AM
gurumods

JQuest64 and ScooterTrash,which pipe is which.You both have diff.pipes
Old 07-04-2006, 10:16 AM
borley1863

the silenced pipes, there are 2 versions one for the Monster Beetle and one for the Monster Truck they are different so the bodies can fit on with out trimming, also the version 1 pipe is different.

Also there seems to be a price difference the Beetle one seems to be around £10 cheaper where ever i have looked
Old 07-04-2006, 10:16 AM
ScooterTrash

Mine is the Jet Pro Tuned Pipe V2 for the FG Monster Truck Nickle Plated[8D] His is Jetpro V2 Pipe for FG Monster Beetle - Silenced. Both can be foond here [link]http://www.largescalerc.com/Tunedpipes.html[/link] Or here [link]http://www.bigboystoysandhobbies.com/jetpro_pipes[/link] Tell them I sent you!

Name:	Ig11064.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	486821   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66271.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	486822  
Old 07-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Automan

No no no Not that it makes much difference, but the one Scooter Trash have is probably the same as J D bought, it's a v2 but the old style that goes out the side and down behind the filter, and was made to both fit the monster beetle and truck and others. A great pipe and many have the first version of that.

The one Scooter Trash has in his last post, the 2nd one is the monster beetle v2 pipe, but that was not what the original poster had at all.

The new Jetpro Monster Truck v2 pipe (that only comes silenced) is the on that JQuest64 and i have.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:54 AM
JQuest64

Scoots, the pipe I have is designed solely for the MT, it does not fit on the Beetle.
It is the most recent revision of the Jetpro for the MT.
[link]http://www.rcnutshobbies.com/product.cgi?group=29410&product=30369[/link]
Old 07-04-2006, 11:36 AM
ScooterTrash

[&o] I don't like the way it aim's at the rear tire[:@]. It would make a mess![&o] & Automan is right _PS: You do have to trim the bug if you use the one like I have!

Name:	Rp42643.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	486930   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85208.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	486931  
Old 07-04-2006, 12:19 PM
JQuest64

I don't like the way it aim's at the rear tire .
Scoot, it actually shoots over the tire. I thought it might make a mess when I first looked at it, but as you can see from the pics, no exhaust mess on the tire. This pic is right after a bash session.

Old 07-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Automan

I can tell you, this new special designed Jetpro pipe v2 for the monster truck dont hit the tire at all... it is pointed straight out and no mess at all on the tire, as i have tested it and are very satisfied now. I would have hated it and took it of my truck if it had left any mess on my tire. I am very happy with this setup now, a big [sm=thumbup.gif]+ [sm=biggrin.gif]

Scooter Trash, the pipe you have a very popular, but not many have the v2 pipe yet, mainly they have first version of it, but it is still a kick arse product and will make one very happy whatever kind of Jetpro you get. And not to forget that some Samba's are real good performers, so there is more out there then Jetpro to choose from
Old 07-04-2006, 03:14 PM
gurumods

Regardless of where the exhaust tip is now,you could always drill that rivet and rotate it a few degrees if you choose.This new version looks like it is protected a little better also
Old 07-04-2006, 04:20 PM
JQuest64

Well, did some more running today, and the Jetpro continues to impress.
Got my settings all dialed in and the pipe performs really well in all ranges, especially good on the low end.
I had heard a lot of mixed feedback on the Jetpros, for me this was the perfect pipe. I do more bashing and fun runs then anything else, and this pipe is perfect for that.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Automan

Yes it is a really good performer. I must take out my truck soon to check if my latest tune was the optimal, as i havent got so much time on this pipe yet, but i think i got it pretty near optimal last time. Now i really need to go out again and have some real fun and hope i dont bend or brake any major things Maybe i need some real good hockey protection gear (like the goalie have ) or similar for my camera operator... who ever wants to handle the camera next time
Old 08-16-2006, 05:03 PM
BuggZy99
My Feedback: (2)

can i have a pic of the body on with the v2 pipe please ??
Old 08-17-2006, 03:47 AM
Automan

ORIGINAL: JQuest64

Here are a couple, don't mind the dirt this was after the test runs. I'll post some more when she looks all purty

This is the jetpro vers2 silenced mt pipe.

Name:	Fc90506.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	508585  
Old 08-17-2006, 05:22 AM
ScooterTrash

Hi Automan, How close is the new pipe to the body post's & antenna? Any melting? PS: How do U get the big pic. posted without having to click on enlarge like mine?
Old 08-17-2006, 06:09 AM
Automan

Hi there Scooter Trash !

They are pretty close to the body post's, but as you can see in those pictures here and by testing it myself, there is no danger of melting the body post's. I have moved my rx box, it's just try and see what's works for the setup you have.

Those big pictures are not mine, but the reason why they are not thumbnail pictures you click on to get them bigger, is that they are not uploaded on RCU, they are linked from another place.

How is your truck nowdays, any new shell or have you repainted it ? Any vidz on your truck or new pictures ?
Old 08-17-2006, 06:34 AM
ScooterTrash

Hi Automan, Well I havn't gotten a chance to get to use it[:@] It has been down while making a new wheelie bar[sm=thumbup.gif] I should be getting my new body this Friday The wheelie bar is trial & error. I am in to the 4th try. LOL here are a few of the attempt's. It is all hand made on a lathe & mill. Still trying to get the ground clearance & more away from the pipe. It is going to be adjustable for the front end hight.

Name:	Qo41149.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	508599   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fb87584.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	508600   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wc77546.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	508601  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.