Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Insurance in usa

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 11:13 PM
outlawti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance in usa

any of you guys have your cars insured in the united states i called farmers my home owners company and they said they dont offer anything as my invested is sneaking up around the 5k mark when im finished.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:42 AM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Insurance in usa

If it is kept in your house, homeowners insurance should cover theft or an "act of god"..... Just keep all the recipts and take a bunch of pictures.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:52 AM
Timmahh
Banned

it seems you SHOULD be able to get an amendment to your home owners. I was a Semi Professional Musician for a good part of my adult life, and added all of my musical gear to my home owners and had it covered for pretty much anything, except flooding IF it was at my home and not out on a job. anything that may of happened while on site or in transit to or from would of been covered. only exception is flooding if it was here at my home. this was not a business class insurance. strictly an add on to my home owners. it could also be due to the fact that i did file income, and ofcourse writeoffs to, as i worked under a DBA.
cost was a bit stiff. i dont exactly remember forsure, but it cost me like 400.00 a year to cover every 10,000 in gear. so i paid close to 1500.00 a year in premiums for about 40,000.00 in gear.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:29 AM
No Moa
My Feedback: (1)

I have insurance through CHUBB for all my RC cars. Its listed under like "toys" of something. Cheap i pay $50 a year, covers all my cars and parts.