Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

ST body

Old 07-19-2006, 12:05 PM
frumpy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ST body

Hi guys does any know what mods if any would be needed to mount the asgard ST body to the hammer?Body is advertised as being for the leopard.I thought the hammer,leopard,and marder have basically the same stock body mounts![sm=confused.gif]I would hate to spend over a $100 bucks on a body and not be able to use it[&o]A
Anyone got any opinions
After more research I see the marder has pretty much the same body mounts as the hammer,but the leopards are wider[X(]How can I get wider mounts on the hammer?Can the leopard body mounts be used on the hammer?If so can the leopard mounts be bought separately and where?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73171.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	493654  
Old 07-19-2006, 12:29 PM
D0G
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: ST body

Dont mean to steal your thread, but will this body fit on a FG MT....
Old 07-20-2006, 11:43 AM
cormierone

Hey Man,

I just ordered that body and I plan on putting it onmy Marder. I talked to the owner and I was told it would fit with minimum modification. I ordered 2 long post that I'm going to mount next to the shock towers, however; you can use the one center post that would mount to the bulkhead brace. You can also go one step further and add side mounts, I plan on using the same method as on MT and MB and put caps to cover the other holes in the body which a standard leopard mount points. I'll post pics when I'm done, I'm hoping I get the body today.

C-One
Old 07-20-2006, 11:58 AM
frumpy

ORIGINAL: cormierone

Hey Man,

I just ordered that body and I plan on putting it onmy Marder. I talked to the owner and I was told it would fit with minimum modification. I ordered 2 long post that I'm going to mount next to the shock towers, however; you can use the one center post that would mount to the bulkhead brace. You can also go one step further and add side mounts, I plan on using the same method as on MT and MB and put caps to cover the other holes in the body which a standard leopard mount points. I'll post pics when I'm done, I'm hoping I get the body today.

C-One
Hey guy thanks.I'll be looking for those picsI will have some ST wheels and tires soonThen plan on getting the body[sm=thumbup.gif]You planning on some new wheels too?
Old 07-21-2006, 09:16 AM
cormierone

I installed the body last night, I have a monster metal bumper and drilled 2 holes and installed the long body post. I started painting the body and ran out of paint, I'll continue with the painting this evening. The ST wheel will fit perfectly, I have monster wheels and they're too big, I don't want to chop the body to make them fit so I'll probably get some new wheels. I have my Marder wheels on it now. But the monster wheels are awesome with that body. I'll decide once the body is painted. I don't think I can justify to my wife buying another set of wheels for $200.00 bucks, I already have 3 sets of FG monster wheels. You know what I mean?

C-One
Old 07-21-2006, 09:33 AM
frumpy

ORIGINAL: cormierone

I installed the body last night, I have a monster metal bumper and drilled 2 holes and installed the long body post. I started painting the body and ran out of paint, I'll continue with the painting this evening. The ST wheel will fit perfectly, I have monster wheels and they're too big, I don't want to chop the body to make them fit so I'll probably get some new wheels. I have my Marder wheels on it now. But the monster wheels are awesome with that body. I'll decide once the body is painted. I don't think I can justify to my wife buying another set of wheels for $200.00 bucks, I already have 3 sets of FG monster wheels. You know what I mean?

C-One
Hey guy sounds like it's comming along[sm=thumbup.gif]If your going to post some pics can you do some with the body off as well as onWith these changes can you go back to the buggy body set up and vice versa?I'd really like to do this to my buggy[&:]
Old 07-21-2006, 11:35 AM
crv
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Frumpy.....There's no need for justification or otherwise!!!...But there is a need for a new set of wheels!!!...So just have wifey, buy you a new set, and don't worry bout the justification!!!....The fact that you'll have new wheels is justification enough!!!!!
Old 07-21-2006, 12:22 PM
frumpy

ORIGINAL: crv

Hey Frumpy.....There's no need for justification or otherwise!!!...But there is a need for a new set of wheels!!!...So just have wifey, buy you a new set, and don't worry bout the justification!!!....The fact that you'll have new wheels is justification enough!!!!!
Hey crv,that isn't me with the wheelsit was cormierone in the post before mineBut I still have to contend with the mrs about the new body lol!
Old 07-21-2006, 01:14 PM
hellya

ORIGINAL: frumpy

Hi guys does any know what mods if any would be needed to mount the asgard ST body to the hammer?Body is advertised as being for the leopard.I thought the hammer,leopard,and marder have basically the same stock body mounts![sm=confused.gif]I would hate to spend over a $100 bucks on a body and not be able to use it[&o]A
Anyone got any opinions
After more research I see the marder has pretty much the same body mounts as the hammer,but the leopards are wider[X(]How can I get wider mounts on the hammer?Can the leopard body mounts be used on the hammer?If so can the leopard mounts be bought separately and where?

I believe you need to have wider side mounts like the marder race, leopard or the L3 supercross

Name:	Yw67881.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	494601  
Old 07-21-2006, 01:50 PM
frumpy

Hi hellya,after more research I think you're rightCan these body mounts be bought? And do you know where I can get them?
Old 07-21-2006, 01:53 PM
hellya

I've seen alot of people make their own extended side mounts or buy FG leopards side body mounts

Talk to chevymande he works for www.rc-car-online.de they sell everything you need

or check with any of the FG dealers here in the states
Old 07-22-2006, 12:38 PM
frumpy

Hey crv,how's that ST body comming along?
Old 07-23-2006, 03:49 PM
cormierone

Frumpy,

I installed the body, I originally put the Marder wheels and it didn't look right. So, I put my monster wheels back on and trimmed the body so that the tires would clear full left and right. I think it makes a world of difference. In fact I think it looks better than the MT and MB body on the chassis. I posted some picks, tell me what you think. Ops, my other baby got put in.

C-One

Name:	Wt59309.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	495771   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75641.jpg
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	495772   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58287.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	495773   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99623.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	495774   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80957.jpg
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	495775   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27426.jpg
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	495776  
Old 07-23-2006, 04:07 PM
frumpy

Hey cormierone,That body and tire combo looks great[sm=thumbup.gif]I especially like pic 2 and 3 it has that lo profile look.Nice other baby tooHow about one more request?Can you take some pics with the body off?I have a firehammerand would like to see your body mounts.I don't think mine will work.I think I need to do some mods[sm=confused.gif]
Old 07-23-2006, 06:49 PM
cormierone

Frumpy,

My camera batteries went dead, I'll post some pics with the body off probably tommorow. If the hammer has the same type of rear mount as the FG models then you're half way there. The front mounts are the long FG mounts and I also have the Elgon monster front bumpers which I drilled holes to attach the body in the front. Thanks for the compliments... like I said in the PM, I wish that the MT and MB bodies were that wide. The ST body and wheels do set it off, we have the same taste.

C-One
Old 07-23-2006, 07:47 PM
frumpy

cormierone,

I thought the pic I sent in the PM was ok I guess I didn't get it right.[&o]I'll try hereThis is the pic of the trailer.What do ya think
Look forward to those pics tommorrow[sm=thumbup.gif]

Name:	Vt55959.jpg
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	495865  
Old 07-25-2006, 04:59 AM
frumpy

cormierone,did you get yor camera to work yet.I put off buying the body until I can see some of those pics with the body off[&o]I think the rear body posts are the same ,need to check out how to do the front!The real question is the side post!I think the marder is wider than the hammer[sm=confused.gif]
Old 07-25-2006, 10:08 PM
cormierone

Frumpy,

Here you go, when I spoke to the vendor he said that the long post could be attached to the front shock towers. If you look closely at the shock towers there are holes that the post could be attached with 3 or 4 mm screws and bolts. Since I had a front bumper it was easier to mount the body post that way. When I fitted the body I trimmed out the front side post so all I had was the rear. Just put your drill bit through the body holes and drill the holes through the black molding that's attached to the chassis. Here are the pics.

C-One

Name:	Vt58340.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	496958   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92635.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	496959   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25892.jpg
Views:	12