Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Air Filters

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 12:20 PM
KamikazeParanoia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Filters

what aftermarket air filters would you recommend for a marder beetle (soon to be monster beetle) will they noticably increase the performance?

(i tried searching 'air filter' but got no results [sm=confused.gif])

Thanks
Old 07-29-2006, 12:38 PM
Apache-

Default RE: Air Filters

The twin air is the best already for some years for off-road purpose.
It makes you enjoy your engine very long in dusty conditions and you won't need to clean it so often.
The filter does not bring any extra HP that I know of.
Take a look around on the races you will find 9 out of 10 will run the twin air filter.
It is not the cheapest filter around but is the only filter I know which is really 100% clean inside when I take it off.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:01 PM
bigger the better

Stick with stock and put a Redneck around it. You will love the convenience!
Old 07-29-2006, 03:41 PM
taffy14

gotta love the redneck,works awsome..i run on gravel / grass and never get any crap in my carb
Old 07-29-2006, 07:50 PM
ScooterTrash

You are going to run with what you think is best! Me, myself I run the 3 inch. K&N with the pre filter. I oil the main filter & not the pre one. I get great performance & no durt in the carb.!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28268.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	498772   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19671.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	498773   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr41553.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	498774  
Old 07-29-2006, 08:21 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: KamikazeParanoia

what aftermarket air filters would you recommend for a marder beetle (soon to be monster beetle) will they noticably increase the performance?

(i tried searching 'air filter' but got no results [sm=confused.gif])

Thanks

Duratrax Firehammer filter is the best bang for the dollar....it's dual stage and allows 0 dirt to pass thru. $17 compared to ones joints are selling for $50+ that do not work.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:23 PM
badz

ORIGINAL: ScooterTrash

You are going to run with what you think is best! Me, myself I run the 3 inch. K&N with the pre filter. I oil the main filter & not the pre one. I get great performance & no durt in the carb.!

You first need to run it in dirt then see how great that K&N really is.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:54 PM
rchertz

k+n in dirt no probs!(dust sand etc)
i run 2 k+ns an there fine,st an harm bx1,an also have used them in cossys an 325i sports with great improvement!
one with pre sock one without, yer gota remember the majority of paris-dakar racers all run k+n!! they no a thing or two about keeping crap out of the carb ,injs,etc etc,
keep em oiled an keep em clean an you will be buzzin!!
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...E/P3310052.jpg
Old 07-30-2006, 05:20 AM
badz

ORIGINAL: rchertz

k+n in dirt no probs!(dust sand etc)
i run 2 k+ns an there fine,st an harm bx1,an also have used them in cossys an 325i sports with great improvement!
one with pre sock one without, yer gota remember the majority of paris-dakar racers all run k+n!! they no a thing or two about keeping crap out of the carb ,injs,etc etc,
keep em oiled an keep em clean an you will be buzzin!!
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...E/P3310052.jpg

Uh yeah that photo of that buggy is REALLY dirty
Old 07-30-2006, 05:59 AM
ScooterTrash

Nice looking truck rchertz, Nice clean up job[sm=thumbup.gif] Most people clean there truck after running it, I do! I have ran mine through all kind's of durt, I also have had no problem's[sm=lol.gif]. I think that, that other guy (****) has been in the air to long! Maybe hit one to many Bird's!, He doesn't like K&N, he maybe did not install his right & got a Bird Feather in his carb. Anyway KamikazeParanoia get what you think is best for you! I am over 50 years old & K&N has been around a long time! Back in the 70's I used K&N on my M/C off road & no problems![8D] Yall have a great one & (****) you can stop bashing K&N.

Name:	Mj24410.jpg
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	499022   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98992.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	499023   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67149.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	499024  
Old 07-30-2006, 08:10 AM
badz

Nice looking truck rchertz, Nice clean up job[sm=thumbup.gif] Most people clean there truck after running it, I do! I have ran mine through all kind's of durt, I also have had no problem's[sm=lol.gif]. I think that, that other guy (****) has been in the air to long! Maybe hit one to many Bird's!, He doesn't like K&N, he maybe did not install his right & got a Bird Feather in his carb. Anyway KamikazeParanoia get what you think is best for you! I am over 50 years old & K&N has been around a long time! Back in the 70's I used K&N on my M/C off road & no problems![8D] Yall have a great one & (****) you can stop bashing K&N.

First off cleaning your truck is fine but they are spotless which means you either A: Never use it or B: Totally rip the entire truck down daily, cause there is NO WAY to make it spotless if run in dirt and dusty enviorments other than a total tear down. So YOUR pics show how much Offroad use your RC gets. You should be held liable for people who blow engines by purchasing crap your recommending then you'd shut up.

I've run K&N's and they totally suck. My engine lasted 15 minutes on a K&N. Also call some local dirt bike shops ask them how many engines they've rebuilt due to K&N crap. Then trust it cause it does not filter dirt. No engine builders will recommend K&N to anyone. Contact ESP Porting and see what they think of K&N or any cotton filter for that matter. Also a dry pre-filter does nothing, there is no oil to trap the dirt so why bother with it. People who baby rc's shouldn't give offroaders advice.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:14 AM
ScooterTrash

[:@] Never Mind! It is not worth the typing![sm=punching.gif]

Name:	Mk26278.jpg
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	499065   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up47833.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	499066   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl20443.jpg
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	499067  
Old 07-30-2006, 08:27 AM
J_D

have to agree with badz on this one.

K&N on its own is pointless in dirt,

a redneck prefilter OILED should make it fine though.

although i just use the stock FG foam filter oiled, and have a prefilter bag over it, never had any issues
Old 07-30-2006, 08:30 AM
BuggZy99
My Feedback: (2)

I run mine with the stock airfilter and a prefilter over it. I oil the inside of the airfilter with sticky oil.
and I run mine offroad alot, i do mean alot.... it never goes out without seeing dirt.
these are offroad trucks and want to see dirt [8D]

Old 07-30-2006, 09:28 AM
ScooterTrash

Look's great BuggZy99, The only problem is cleaning it up! LOL[sm=thumbup.gif] PS: I hope (badz) see's your Pic's.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:41 AM
ScooterTrash

You R right rchertz & BuggZy99, I think that, that (**** [sm=thumbdown.gif] ) doesn't know much anyway, he think's all truck's should look like they came out of a mud bath . You can't argue with him. He know's it all. LOL[sm=bananahead.gif]. I think he should go back to plane's, if he can even fly[sm=confused.gif] I am not going waist my time or typing any more responce's to him! He should grow up!
Old 07-30-2006, 09:52 AM
J_D

You R right rchertz & BuggZy99, I think that, that (**** [sm=thumbdown.gif] ) doesn't know much anyway, he think's all truck's should look like they came out of a mud bath . You can't argue with him. He know's it all. LOL[sm=bananahead.gif]. I think he should go back to plane's, if he can even fly[sm=confused.gif] I am not going waist my time or typing any more responce's to him! He should grow up!
yes, stating his opinon and personal experience is being immature .... [:-]
Old 07-30-2006, 10:57 AM
bigger the better

Stock filter with Redneck thats all I have used so thats all I can recommend. Heres some before and after picts.

Name:	Ig11078.jpg
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	499117   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28909.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	499118   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78749.jpg
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	499119   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54369.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	499120   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70251.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	499121  
Old 07-30-2006, 01:01 PM
ScooterTrash

How in the heck did you get it so clean? I know U can wash the body with soap & water, but how do U get the Gut's of the Truck so clean? I run in Durt, Mud, Sand,Grass & even hit some dog crap.LOL that was a mess! Thanks,
Old 07-30-2006, 02:33 PM
badz

How in the heck did you get it so clean? I know U can wash the body with soap & water, but how do U get the Gut's of the Truck so clean? Thanks,
Your plugging K&N's as being so great and you don't know how to clean the inside of the truck? That proves you DO NOT run in dirt so stop claiming K&N is so great since you obviously have 0 experience with them. BTW "scooter" Try using Search. I am not the only one say's K&N is worthless. You also should take time and read posts, BuggZy99 stated he uses the stock FG Filter which is a foam filter not a worthless cotton swab with a chrome top on it stamped K&N.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:13 PM
BuggZy99
My Feedback: (2)

lol, well answered

i also would NEVER trust a K&N on offroad conditions.
ORIGINAL: badz

How in the heck did you get it so clean? I know U can wash the body with soap & water, but how do U get the Gut's of the Truck so clean? Thanks,
Your plugging K&N's as being so great and you don't know how to clean the inside of the truck? That proves you DO NOT run in dirt so stop claiming K&N is so great since you obviously have 0 experience with them. BTW "scooter" Try using Search. I am not the only one say's K&N is worthless. You also should take time and read posts, BuggZy99 stated he uses the stock FG Filter which is a foam filter not a worthless cotton swab with a chrome top on it stamped K&N.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:10 PM
sb racing

I have been using k&n air filters for years, As long as they are oiled correctly and serviced often then they work very well, Most of the members at our offroad club run k&n air filters with a pre-filter(both oiled) and have never had any problems

Cheers
Simon
Old 07-30-2006, 08:40 PM
bigger the better

How in the heck did you get it so clean? I know U can wash the body with soap & water, but how do U get the Gut's of the Truck so clean? I run in Durt, Mud, Sand,Grass & even hit some dog crap.LOL that was a mess! Thanks,
I allways get it real dirty before any upgrades so it forces me to tear it completely down and tighten or replace any unseen items. Heck I found I was running on a broken (in half) servo saver rod for months after I tore it down last, The laminate on the bottom held the crew in place so I never knew.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:49 PM
q8murder

maby you guys dont get the point of k&n they need special care they are hi performance air filters i use them in my cars atv and everything with no problems
Old 07-30-2006, 11:24 PM
02f350psd
My Feedback: (3)

Anyone have experience with UFO filters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.