Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Baja Vids

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 02:35 AM
Timmahh
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja Vids

OK, For those of you that really want to see some of the capabilities of the Baja, here ya go. the first one here is of my Baja with the XCan. all stock other that than and elects... the rear wheel hexes were in rough shape when i started this day. they were round by the end which is why the nut kept spinning off in the end.
some good bashing footage running about the new area for the track. these are 12yr piles of sand/clay/dirt. there are about 16 of them total track area will be approx 200' x 80'.

the 2nd one is after everything was leveled, and we built a portion of the track and some of the set up. the tabletop being jumped is on 12 yr pile. it is about 20 inches high, 10 feet wide and about 13 feet long across the table. so you have an idea of its actual size.
the 2nd video wont upload to PB for some reason, so i have it ul to google, but will need to be verified. ( both will be hosted on google after they are verified.

for now heres the 1st one. these were both done the 1st week of Aug. this yr.
Timmahh

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...gAnch=imgAnch1 Photo Bucket Video.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...46150951&hl=en Google Video

ok heres the 2nd one on Google, i added the first again on google so those out there can compare the two hosting services for video and choose the one that fits there needs better.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...12333025&hl=en
Old 08-11-2006, 03:39 AM
Timmahh
Banned

Default RE: New Baja Jumping and Bashing Videos

let me know if you dont get a video. this may need to wait on Google. PB is a PITA for Video.
Timmahh
Old 08-11-2006, 07:53 AM
J_D

maybe try rapidshare, photobucket turns it into poo.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Timmahh
Banned

it going to Google, but they need to Verify it before it can be viewed.
Timmahh
Old 08-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Timmahh
Banned

Default RE: New Baja Jumping and Bashing Videos,New Vid Today.8-11

2nd vid in 1st post now.[8D]
Timmahh
Old 08-12-2006, 03:06 PM
pilotjohn

Default RE: New Baja Jumping and Bashing Videos,New Vid Today.8-11

Timmaah, I REALLY like the second video, especially the BIG AIR at the very end after the credits. BTW, nice music too, love those lyrics
Old 08-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Timmahh
Banned

Default RE: Baja Vids

heh, i found both those tool tunes very suiting to the vid. Thanx.
Timmahh
Old 08-12-2006, 11:26 PM
jpachill1

Nice vid, especially the very end! [8D]
Old 08-13-2006, 02:44 AM
Earth Surfer

Timmahh--this is getting wierd man. I went to HS with the lead seinger from Tool/Perfect Circle. We were on the wrestling team together, and his dad was out coach in Scottville MI. That was his first CD.

Nice work man.

ORIGINAL: Timmahh

heh, i found both those tool tunes very suiting to the vid. Thanx.
Timmahh
Old 08-13-2006, 05:19 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

Very Nice
Someday the backflip will happen
They said it couldnt be done on a dirt bike...we had 1 flip and now a double backflip...anythings possible.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Timmahh
Banned

NO SHIAZ. Ive been telling people FOR YEARS MJK was a Michigander. No one will beleive lil ole me. YOU CANT be as fruity as Maynard is and NOT grow in up MI... It Figures that he was a wrestler in HS. Cool.

Badz... a 1/5th Baja backflip is prolly closer than we think, though when it happens i think it ll be sheerly by accident..lmao..

ty for the words

Timmahh
Old 08-13-2006, 10:20 AM
J_D

lol backflips in any gassers are hard!

i tried with my marder and got half way round and broke my front uprights lol

but the oneillbros make it look easy...

http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rccar/...tprombpipe.wmv
Old 08-13-2006, 10:44 AM
lt250dave

Just out of curiosity, what is the wheel base from axle center to axle center on an FG anything? All the videos make them look very short and easy to wheelie. I have the jetpro v2 pipe and reed kit on my 23cc Baja and i am pretty good at tuning a motor and i have yet to get a wheelie from a dead stop. center to center on the Baja axle is 22.5 inches/ 575mm.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:43 AM
Timmahh
Banned

im not sure of the specs, but when i was looking to buy my 1/5. the Baja is approximatly 8 inches longer overall than the Traxxas MB. witch is close to the same size as the Marders. i fiugred teh length of the Baja wheel base was nearly 4 inches or more longer than most of the onthers. also the FGs are mostly 1/6th size not 1/5th, i know its not much of a differance, but it is different.
Timmahh
Old 08-18-2006, 11:23 AM
Timmahh
Banned

funny how NO ONE wants to comment about "THEIR" BIG JUMPS like we have here at the end of vid 2 with this lil ole usless problematic RC everyone claims it to be!!!!!!!! . i SMELL CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timmahh
Old 08-18-2006, 11:41 PM
J_D

ORIGINAL: lt250dave

Just out of curiosity, what is the wheel base from axle center to axle center on an FG anything? All the videos make them look very short and easy to wheelie. I have the jetpro v2 pipe and reed kit on my 23cc Baja and i am pretty good at tuning a motor and i have yet to get a wheelie from a dead stop. center to center on the Baja axle is 22.5 inches/ 575mm.
its not just about power though, u also need correct gearing and traction.

to get my Marder to wheelie i had to lower the gearing, and i still couldn;t get it to wheelie, but u eventually learn to give the right amount of throttle at the right time, because if u just hit the gas of the line, all you do is spin the wheels
Old 08-19-2006, 08:42 AM
lt250dave

but still no one wants to say how much shorter a FG mt/mb is compaired to a baja. i asked that question a couple days ago and still no answer [sm=confused.gif]. It looks like center of gravity is also a factor on a FG considering the airfilter sits right over top of the rear diff, that tells me there is alot more weight towards the rear of the vehicle than there is with the baja. So anyone want to get out a tape measure for me?

1. what is the wheel base from the center of each axle on a FG MB/MT?

2. what is the distance from the center of the crank/pinion gear to the center of the rear axle?
Old 08-19-2006, 09:13 AM
UK Will

About 47/48cm and 10cm...
Old 08-19-2006, 09:16 AM
J_D

ORIGINAL: lt250dave

but still no one wants to say how much shorter a FG mt/mb is compaired to a baja. i asked that question a couple days ago and still no answer [sm=confused.gif]. It looks like center of gravity is also a factor on a FG considering the airfilter sits right over top of the rear diff, that tells me there is alot more weight towards the rear of the vehicle than there is with the baja. So anyone want to get out a tape measure for me?

1. what is the wheel base from the center of each axle on a FG MB/MT?

2. what is the distance from the center of the crank/pinion gear to the center of the rear axle?
for position of the engine.... i'd say u'd want as much weight on the rear as possible in a 2wd, because u want traction. have a look at ful scale 2wd dune buggy's, most of their engines are BEHIND the rear wheels.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:51 AM
bigger the better

lt250dave - Aren't we also talking 1/6 vs 1/5? Isn't there going to be a slight size difference because of that?

Timmahh - Why fan flames? You know what will happen to this post. Lets be possitive. I LOVE all the large scale and there is no winner in my mind except one that runs on GAS!!!!![sm=thumbup.gif] I hope to own one of each eventually[sm=greedy.gif].
Old 08-19-2006, 01:05 PM
Timmahh
Banned

Bigger, no fanning ment. more like a poke in the eye! lol anyone that follows my posts SHOULD be able to tell i was spreading it on thick.. lol even if i forgot the BIG WINKY EYE. just some good olefashioned arm punching...lol i also would like another one. someday.
Timmahh
Old 08-19-2006, 01:07 PM
lt250dave

thanks uk will

and JD the reason full scale buggies have the engine behind the wheels is a case of form following function. prolly 85% or more of frame up built dune buggies run a VW power plant and transaxle because they are cheap, simple, and they work well. the point i am trying to make is it looks very easy to make a FG wheelie or perform a backflip since they start with a shorter wheelbase and a more powerful engine right out of the box compaired to the baja. For me its not just about doing a wheelie, I just prefer having too much power on tap and HPI didn't come close to giving the baja too much power out of the box which is why i added the pipe and reed kit and prolly more sooner than later the 28.5cc piston and cylinder kit. Every RC i have had so far with the exception of my rockcrawler has had one of the most powerful engines i could afford in it and the baja will be right there with the rest. I'm not trying to make anyone upset, i was just looking for numbers to see if there was somewhere i was going wrong.

btw timmahh great vids and sorry for taking the thread off track
Old 08-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Timmahh
Banned

ah is all for good info, no worries.
T
Old 08-19-2006, 04:12 PM
bigger the better

Timmahh - That cool...[sm=wink_smile.gif]
Took me awhile to recognize you with the new photo.
I think I have my neighbors talked into getting a couple of Baja's. Can't wait to save up enough money to get me one.[sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=greedy.gif]
Old 08-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Timmahh
Banned

we re working on finishing up a good part of the track today and tomorrow. gettin ready to lay tiles down here in a few. should have some pics in a few. Yea, i like me new Avatar.. hehehehe.
Timmahh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.