Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FG Stadium OR HPI Baja

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 12:43 PM
duggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FG Stadium OR HPI Baja

I have a big decision to make, for which I could do with some advice.

I am going to get either FG's Stadium Truck or thr new Baja from HPI biut don't know what to go for.

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Timmahh
Banned

Default RE: FG Stadium OR HPI Baja

ALL The Advice you need has been Posted Over & Over. All YOU need to do is READ the threads here. there are about 100 or so of them. so there really needs to be no other replys to your quest other then time on your part. no offense, but its played out here.
Timmahh
Old 08-12-2006, 01:19 PM
tizdaz

As tim already said, this has been asked many times before, & 9/10 this will end in a mud throwin competition like the rest! :P

use search & do some self research, only you can decide which is best for you... what will you be using it for? where will you be using it? will you be wanting to race etc etc...

As ive said before both have strengths & weknesses but its down to how you gunna be using it.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:42 PM
outlawti

i have a fg st and i like it. I dont think they have options such as 2 speed tranny for the baja i could be wrong but the 2 speed is fun to play wit.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Timmahh
Banned

no they dont Outlaw, at least not yet. Im SURE, with CEN and HPI being the only 2 to make 3 speed nitro trannys, im pretty sure it will be added before too long.
TImmahh
Old 08-12-2006, 04:28 PM
slaphead

Duggs, As has already been said there have been numerous threads about this and you'll get different answers depending on who's got what. The only unbiased answer you'll get is from someone who is lucky enough to own both but my 2 cents says, buy which one you like the look of and appeals to you the most. There really is no such thing as the perfect machine out there, they all have their flaws, which ever one you buy I'm sure you'll enjoy it and thats the most important thing.The only other consideration is the type of terrain your going to run it on and try and decide which one would be best suited to it.

There have been some problems with the HPI front shock shafts but from what folk have said they are on the case fixing this. I've got a Marder Race and the front and rear upper wishbones are a weak spot but in all the years they've been making them they havn't tried to fix it, they just leave you to buy up grades. Having said that you don't need to go mad with the FG's like some do, unless you've got deep pockets, just buy the essential upgrades and they're fine.

I really don't think you'll be disappointed with either.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:05 PM
jasrx

As others have said , u wont get a straight answer from any one - its up to u want u want . just do as much research as u can on either one and go from there . Just be preppered for a tone of FUN.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:27 PM
J_D

3 speed would be cool, but it would stick really far out
Old 08-12-2006, 09:33 PM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

not another thread FG or HPI there must be 50 + of these out there
Old 08-12-2006, 10:37 PM
jpachill1

Hey!! It's not the end of the world! FG or HPI are both great vehicles, buy one, have fun, and then buy the other one later on. It is a simple way to look at it. STOP racking your brain about who is best. Like someone said earlier, there is no perfect machine, and if you do a search and read some threads you will find both have proven their salt. I never look at my latest car as my last, but I rarely sell one, they each have something neat about them that makes it hard for me to part with. So I remedy this by buying another, later down the road. It gives you a chance to smell the flowers and experiance all that life, well, rc has to offer.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:19 AM
duggs

Thanks guys...I'll do some searchin'...