Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.
View Poll Results: A poll
yes hit the button
73.08%
no, I'am too lazy.
15.38%
where is the darn button?
0%
what is a search?
7.69%
or I just like too keep putting repeat posts up
3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

should we use a search button

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 07:21 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: should we use a search button

ORIGINAL: Timmahh

BadZ, Dont you mean if the Search Engine worked, the OP would of seen how useless the search functin is. and would of never posted this thread? lmao
Timmahh

TIMMAH?
Attached Images  
Old 08-14-2006, 08:12 AM
Automan

1. RCU, would not kill you to improve the search engine

2. People should use the searh button more.

3. People should atleast try to read a few pages in this forum before posting a question.

I can speak for my self, that when i was new in here i did read all the pages in here and used the search button allot... and most of the time back then, i found what i was looking for.

Im all for helping out new people in here, but i get a little p-off when i see the same question asked, that have been asked just a few lines down.... that IS the top of all lazy people.
If we all could try to work together and not repeat posts etc, and do some more reading, we would have a easier way to get at all the hard fact we are searching for.

I still think we should have a sticky for all beginners that says how to.. advice etc, dont you guys agree ? They have this on many other forums, and it works great and stop most of the repeating post's and clean up lot of "bull shiX" [sm=thumbup.gif] There is no reason RCU cant put up a sticky like that.

Old 08-14-2006, 09:36 AM
D0G
My Feedback: (1)

In all honesty I would rather post my question and hear all of the " DO a search" replies then spend an hour doing a search and not find what I am looking for anyhow. Like others have stated before, I myself have tried to search for a thread I started, with all the search stuff filled out word for word and still nothing was found. What bothers me more then the typical repeat questions, is when there is 3-4 of the same questions on the front page of the forums. Or when one person asks the same question 3-4 times in new posts. But when a Noob comes in, and asks a simple question, and is sent to the search section....then has to deal with unsatisfactory results...I feel as though it almost pushes them from this site. " A buncha losers and a crappy search...like im going back" lol And I dont think we are a bunch of losers, but someone who doesnt understand why "DO A SEARCH" was yelled at them, may view it another way.
I dont mind answering questions over and over. It makes me feel smart..
Old 08-14-2006, 10:28 AM
ScooterTrash

[8D]Well put Automan, "I still think we should have a sticky for all beginners that says how to.. advice etc" Me, myself am reading back on pages 35+ So I can find something new to learn about![sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 08-14-2006, 01:15 PM
ProRCRacer88

I still dont understand who makes you guys read the same questions to make u a little annoyed[&:]... oh well, people will continue to ask the same questions if they dont know and i doubt that a single thread can be made to answer alot of questions to the point the the same questions wont be asked as much
Old 08-14-2006, 08:25 PM
UK Will

We could have a FG v Baja sticky for a start! Or rather one with the pro's and cons of all the major cars, if there were loads of frequently asked questions I suppose certain people wouldn't complain as much! But there's not that many I don't think, so one thread could probably cover most of it.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:55 AM
Timmahh
Banned

thats a Bad Idea, as when you start the VS, or he said she said bs, then it gets nasty. 2ndly the FGs & Bajas are Completely Different RCs. though they are similar in size and are used in some cases for similar surfaces, they are still completely different in pretty much every aspect except electronics/motors/and some drivetrain stuff. other than that, Noting is cross compatible. its like trying to compare a Honda Goldwing and a Kawasaki Crotch Rocket. there is no comparrison except they are both motorcycles.

its been a General concensus since i started coming here that breaking this thread into manufacturer specific groups. ie... FG Harm HPI Traxxas Duratrax ect is a smart idea. RCU could say cross link say FG and Duratrax as they both have many cross use parts ect. But they (RCU) dont think its a good idea. if its not then why have they done it in the rest of the ground vehicle rc area like the nitro mt area.
anyways, modify and improve the search function so its more usefull. and then create a few Mfg Specific areas, and sticky inportant info at the top. then finally all we need to do when a new but reanswered question is posted, is USE THE LINK button or do the Search for them and post the search results. then they can efficiently find their own answer by reading search specific re****s to their questions, even if it was I that actually did the search and posted the results. alot of people thru the world use the internet, but have no CLUE how to work with it. sad but true. its the same as you need a license to drive a car, but any fn idiot can have a child.

m2c on the issue
Timmahh
Old 12-12-2008, 10:31 PM
slicrick

i totally agree with the author of this thread,the same old questions asked over and over again has been flooding this forum.questions like -what to get,how fast will it go,how about this clone or that clone are very annoying!!!
Old 12-12-2008, 11:16 PM
mooman007uk

holy thread resurrection batman