Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

G23RC1 Engine Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 01:19 PM
DaBoo75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G23RC1 Engine Problem

Hi i have a FG Monster Beetle Pro with a Zen G23RC1 engine with a JetPro Pipe and i was running it today and it was running fine for about 10 minutes and then it started to surge in RPM's it go from low to high i though it was my radio glitching but the throttle was closed and the servo was not moving then i went to the idle screw but that had no effect on it then i look to the low end screw first i leaned it and it just stall then i richen it and it then engine just raced faster I'm all out of ideals of what can cause this problem do you all think that i might have leak in the head gasket or the crab gasket or even a vacuum leak some where please any help with this all so the engine has only about a gallon of gas threw it
Old 10-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: G23RC1 Engine Problem

sounds like an air leak to me... where I am not sure, but I would start by checking the fuel lines and and then the carb gaskets before pulling the head.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:39 PM
DaBoo75

Thanks for the fast reply Acs guitars that was fear i know air leaks are a pain to trace down but i guess ill have to try and locate the leak
Old 10-08-2006, 02:49 PM
carpy100

will almost deffinitely be base gasket or maybe carb insulator drawing air. the latest batch of zen motors have been leaking on the base gaskets due to a slight mismatch in the crank case halves.i had to use hi temp loctite to seal mine properly.i've seen it on 4 new motors recently that have sufferd this on only one or two tanks run time.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:55 PM
DaBoo75

Carpy the base gasket that you are talking about is the gasket between the crank case and the head or jug and the carb insulator is the gasket on the carb right just checking your info thanks
Old 10-08-2006, 05:21 PM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

The insulator is the ported block between the carb and engine. I believe he is referring to the head gasket when saying the base gasket.... I could be wrong.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:31 PM
mud slinger

The base gasket is the one that fits between the head and crank case.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:58 PM
DaBoo75

OK i got it do i just start by replacing the gasket and the insulator on the carb first because the my fuel line and vacuum line seem to be fine so i don't think its leaking from there so my next thing to do is to pull the carb off and look at it is there a way i can check to see if it is leaking from the carb gasket or insulator with out pulling it all off
Old 10-09-2006, 09:46 AM
Timmahh
Banned

get it running, grab a can of starting fluid, lightly spray the gasket areas of the motor when running, you ll hear a change in RPMs if you hitting a leak with the starting fluid.

Timmahh