Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FG 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 11:11 AM
D0G
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FG 4x4

So, im checking out this 4x4 Kit (Chain Driven one) for the FG (MT) and I am curious, what else you will need to buy. Does this kit come with everything you will need, then transfer the rest from your old MT? Or do you have to purchase other items?
Do the front Drive shafts come with for example?
Looking atthe pictures its tough to tell just whats included and whats not.
Also, for the price..1300$ is that gold plated?

I know there was some workings on a Belt driven one 4x4 kit that wasnt 'Gold Plated' is there any new word on them?

Old 09-06-2006, 11:55 AM
Apache-

Default RE: FG 4x4

The belt one is the kamatiro one, it is out already sometime.
Micros used to post here comments he seemed to be close to the source of info on Kamatiro, but I haven't seen him here a long time, nor on the German forum.
Check at Hobbythek (rc-car-online.de) they should have them in stock and is about half the price of the chain one.
Plus on the belt one is that there are FG parts re-used, so with spares you should be fine.
How the belt holds up I dunno, but replacing the belt is a cheap thing (8 USD I gues if you look into a car shop).

I believe steering was also limited a bit due to the steering arms limited movement, but when you do not need to make tight corners that is a thing you would survive easily. There are not many posts on the german forum on the kamatiro set either but from what I did saw is that it seems to work fine in the dirt as well. On the dutch forum a guy posted some pics of his marder, his 4WD kamatiro project is now in progress so he did not write any reports on driving the 4WD system.
See some pics here:
http://www.gdesigns.nl/images/marder_4wd/18.jpg
and
http://www.gdesigns.nl/images/marder_4wd/15.jpg
Hope this helps

From what I heard through the RC-vine is that FG is still busy getting the 4WD project correct. It takes long but I bet once released we can enjoy a real 4WD Probably it won't be a conversion kit but a new car is my best gues.
Other than that you can try the MCD (spare parts is problematic) and WWS I saw having a prototype, unfortunately they did not drive it though.
But engine placement was not logical on the WWS to me and I would then go deffinately for the MCD technically seen. In the WWS proto the engine was placed sideways ->> this likely results in tilting the car to one side when accelerated.
Or go Nitro [:'(] and then you have plentuy of 4WD options.
Well that is not an option really, is it ...
Old 09-06-2006, 12:31 PM
bigger the better

I thought of the same thing but you could probably buy a MCD for around the same price stick your motor and engine in it and have a brand new truck. Just a thought.
[link]http://cgi.ebay.com/1-5-Scale-4X4-MCD-Monster-Truck-FG-zenoah-baja_W0QQitemZ190027645805QQihZ009QQcategoryZ44029 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/link] - Not that this is the best price but it is close.
Oh and I think its shaft driven.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:39 PM
D0G
My Feedback: (1)

Ya, im torn between The FG kit, and the MCD, and of course the Kamatiro is a hot lookin truck, and mostly upgraded to. I guess my issues with the MCD, are that I already have alot of alum on my FG. And feel that I may have to beef up the MCD as well, but your right, I can swap engines, as well as electronice...the Kamatiro comes ready to go, with my own electronics, therefore giving me 2 RC's...kinda..lol
And whats Nitro?

Old 09-06-2006, 12:49 PM
radio_controlled_mad

ORIGINAL: Apache-

From what I heard through the RC-vine is that FG is still busy getting the 4WD project correct. It takes long but I bet once released we can enjoy a real 4WD Probably it won't be a conversion kit but a new car is my best gues.
that would be worth the wait,id rather have a car built around 4wd instead of a expensive conversion.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:57 PM
hellya

ORIGINAL: D0G

So, im checking out this 4x4 Kit (Chain Driven one) for the FG (MT) and I am curious, what else you will need to buy. Does this kit come with everything you will need, then transfer the rest from your old MT? Or do you have to purchase other items?
Do the front Drive shafts come with for example?
Looking atthe pictures its tough to tell just whats included and whats not.
Also, for the price..1300$ is that gold plated?

I know there was some workings on a Belt driven one 4x4 kit that wasnt 'Gold Plated' is there any new word on them?

You supply the FG heres the kit

http://www.modellbau-friedel.com/cgi...D%20Umbau%20FG

heres the kamitiro 4x4 kit 375 Euros ......then you still have to purchase all this

1 6050 spur gear carrier
1 6051 rubber pucks
1 6427 plastic spur gear 46T
1 6431 oder 6431/1 steel pinion 16T
1 differential, complete
1 6048 oder 6048/1 differential spur gear 48T
2 6069/1 differential drive cups
1 6074/1 a-arms, rear upper
1 6076/1 a-arm turnbuckles
1 6029/1 ball joints M8

Another 150 Euros.......................525 euros ($675) $715 shipped for the belt drive......

849 euros ($1080) for the chain drive $1120 shipped......Crazy prices more than my MT[:@]

You could always buy the MCD buggy $1500 without a motor.... I dont think $1500 for a 4x4 plastic rolling chassis is a good deal[&:]

The MCD Truck $1680 without a motor.... nice another expensive rolling chassis....I guess if you have a monopoly you can charge the outrageous prices

I have a FG MT plastic rolling chassis......... anyone willing to pay $800-1000 for it???......I dont think so!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43632.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	519961  
Old 09-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Apache-

Yes they are expensive those kits....
Or you can try the heiss 4WD conversion kit. Also not cheap but looks beefy as well and they have em for all FG models.
I'm happy with the 2WD as it is. But a 4WD one sure would be faster and able to climb where the 2WD will fail.

If you go 4WD IMO it is better to save up and buy a designed 4WD car due to the weight balance.
A re-build 2WD is basicly still "light" at the front. A conversion kit will add serious weight to the front but still the complete weight of the car is more set to the back than it should be if you ask me.

All is a question about the green leaves in the wallet though as buying a full new 4WD car surely ain't a joke and then a conversion kit might be in reach.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:30 PM
Hunter32

sorry guys

the heiss kit will not work
the most problems are with the front cvd´s
you will not have much fun with this kit
there a lot of guys in Germany who has bought this kit
and the most will never buy again

the problem is
the turning point from the hub is different to the turning point from the cvd
so it will not perfect work

take a look to the MCD Frontaxle
there you see the perfect way
MCD is the only one in largescale who had this perfect done

greets
Hunter
Old 09-06-2006, 08:34 PM
avgas

Hi Guys,
WWS has a prototype 4x4, some of you may have seen it at the Powercup in Belgium, I hope to do some testing with it over the winter, but first impression looks very good.
Steve
Old 09-06-2006, 10:10 PM
hellya

ORIGINAL: avgas

Hi Guys,
WWS has a prototype 4x4, some of you may have seen it at the Powercup in Belgium, I hope to do some testing with it over the winter, but first impression looks very good.
Steve
does it look like this
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53613.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	520275   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ly75368.jpg
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	520276   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74228.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	520277   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31524.jpg
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	520278  
Old 09-07-2006, 03:43 AM
Apache-

That looks pretty much like it hellya to the one I saw from WWS.

Good to hear from the Heiss kit first hand. I could not find any posts on it on the german forum.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:25 AM
original.mb

dog

i have the new mcd mt and they are tuffer than fg by a long shot + 4x4 system is shaft driven and even though you don't hear alot about them they are true monsters and don't need beefing up as they are well built already got mine from www.sbracing.co.uk if you have any questions mail simon and i'm sure he will gladly answer any questions you have about the mcd 4x4 mt
Old 09-13-2006, 03:54 AM
Apache-

Saw now some reports coming at the German forum and saw 3 out of 3 positive replies on the Kamatiro 4WD kit for the Marder.
Anyone here the same experience?