Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FG MB Servo Saver Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 09:43 AM
Mr. Mugen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FG MB Servo Saver Question

I am putting together a bearing supported servo saver for my FG MB and was wondering where to put the 4 O rings. I have no clue where they go. The pic and inst. say nothing about them but does have them on the parts list. Anyone know? Thanks
Old 09-29-2006, 09:54 AM
frumpy

Default RE: FG MB Servo Saver Question

I believe you add them as needed to the end of the arm to increase or decrease tension
Maybe this will help
Attached Images  
Old 09-29-2006, 09:59 AM
MnMikeRC

Thats exactly what they are for.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Mr. Mugen

Thanks guys. I just called Troy at large scare RC and he said the same thing. Thanks for the fast replies.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:24 AM
hellya

Talking to alot of people that race in Europe.......they recommend the elcon servo saver.... its fully adjustable, it uses a spring to adjust the tension

The servo saver is silky smooth in operation and enables you to fine tune your steering geometry by the use of several options for locating the track-rods and the servo linkages. The force required to enable the servo saver is the same in either direction and the spring tension is fully adjustable. An extra spring is included for those who run an extra strong servo, eg the Tonegawa.
For the Leopard an extra collet is needed to mount the servo saver, ask your dealer for part number: 18410-05.
here is an assembly video

http://www.elcon-models.com/pics/Servo%20Saver.wmv
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59329.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	262.4 KB
ID:	532351  
Old 09-29-2006, 02:57 PM
jasrx

ORIGINAL: hellya

Talking to alot of people that race in Europe.......they recommend the elcon servo saver.... its fully adjustable, it uses a spring to adjust the tension

The servo saver is silky smooth in operation and enables you to fine tune your steering geometry by the use of several options for locating the track-rods and the servo linkages. The force required to enable the servo saver is the same in either direction and the spring tension is fully adjustable. An extra spring is included for those who run an extra strong servo, eg the Tonegawa.
For the Leopard an extra collet is needed to mount the servo saver, ask your dealer for part number: 18410-05.
here is an assembly video

http://www.elcon-models.com/pics/Servo%20Saver.wmv
yeah iv seen the elcon one , i dont know what one to buy for my MT .
Old 09-29-2006, 03:19 PM
8000ft

I didn't and wouldn't ues any of them untill the spring starts to become soft. In it's raw form it already has almost to much holding power.