Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

BUYING FROM MADE IN CHINA.COM

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 11:33 AM
Rs43EVOman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BUYING FROM MADE IN CHINA.COM

Because im on a very very tight budget, and im just wondering how is it that there selling traveller's for so much sheeper then usual, but arent selling the Baja's with that hugh discount. Where do hobby shops ect get there cars, and whats stopping me from telling them, i just wanna try them out with one purchase, buy the baja fro a incredible price, and then never make contact with them again?
Old 10-16-2006, 11:38 AM
part-time
My Feedback: (1)

here is the app. for hobbico http://www.gpmd.com/howto.html . the traveller is not mass marketed like hpi cars most people have never heard of smartect.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:43 AM
fgbasher
My Feedback: (10)

They are selling the smartechs because smartech is a chinese company that manufactures the kits and will sell the truck and name it whatever you want if you buy the right quantity. ie duratrax and XTM. HPI uses their own factory and created and made the parts themselves. You can only get a baja from HPI or a distributor, you will not find it direct from HPI or one of their factories. The chinese companies are buying them from the same place horizon and GP are , they are buying them from HPI>
Old 10-16-2006, 12:08 PM
ma7room

can any bady ask them the price of smartech bigfoot
Old 10-16-2006, 01:22 PM
Rs43EVOman

So basically, theres no way around ***. I guess ill be searching ebay tryin g to find a good deal.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:08 PM
fgbasher

Be careful on ebay also. There are a lot of scammers on there with the HPI Baja. Make sure you check the feedback and not just the number. If the price is less then $950-$975 new, it is most likely a scam.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:25 PM
bryan70546
My Feedback: (4)

how cheap do you want it to be ,nothing in 1/5 or 1/6 is going to be cheap vehicle wise ,unless you go used.like i said before if you have a baja at a hobby shop for 999.00 go snatch it up.that aint to bad .same price towwerhobbies sells them for ,if your a member you get free shipping plus right now they are taking 20 bucks off at towwer for members so you would be looking 979.00 .still not bad.plus free shipping.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Rs43EVOman

well there was a guy on these markets selling bajas for $650 if i could find somthing like that it would be awesome. I know im not gonna, but im trying. It's not that im not willing to spend $999. Its that im only 16 soi thats about a whole year of saving money. Im already sellingHPi rs4 3 evo roller, Duratrax Maximum ST, Associated Rc10 Championship edition /w a bunch of extras, and a bunch of non-R/C stuff just so ican get close to the $999 mark.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:02 PM
fgbasher

There are a few used ones out there. You will not find a new one for less than $950.00. We have one used one come across us and that is about it.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:21 PM
hellya

you can get lucky and find slightly used baja5 for about $775 plus ship

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1
Old 10-16-2006, 03:34 PM
Rs43EVOman

Ok guys heres my question about buying used.

the reaosn i always stayed away from buying used nitro cars on ebay was becuase the engines were sometimes toast. Im sure the same thing happens occasionally with the Gas cars. I already plan on buying a 28.5 cc race ported top-end kit when i buy the car, so does that mean even if the engine was a little worn out installing the 28.5cc top-end would be like re-newing the engine?
Old 10-16-2006, 03:48 PM
bryan70546

well you can do it two ways keep saving your money ,and buy from a good seller like some of the sponsers here they are a great bunch of guys i have purchased from a few of them allready just to name a few troy at largescalerc.com awesome guy to deal with very helpful and answers his phone .he sales them for 999.00 i mainly deal with him he allways hooks me up with free shipping and ships fast.next would have to be mike at rcnutshobbies another great guy to deal with fast shipping excellent servise top notch .thiese guys will take care of you .are you could buy from towwerhobbies another great company to deal with.are bigboys toys and hobbies another great company to deal with .fast shipping .i understand you are only 16 .if you want to go on ebay and buy someones elses junk go ahead .not saying tht will happen but it can plus you could lose you money.save your money buy new . i have been wanting a baja for a long time ,but i have a diease that makes me spend money to much so i allways buy something else instead.but i am slowly getting thier,probly going to sale my smt bigfoot just so i can get a dang baja just to see what all the fuss is about.save your money kid,buy one new from a good trustworthey company .bryan
Old 10-16-2006, 04:08 PM
bryan70546

yea you say it would be renewing the engine since your replacing the top end.why are you going to buy the bigbore kit when you get your baja ,arent you even going to try it with the stock engine.first.
ORIGINAL: Rs43EVOman

Ok guys heres my question about buying used.

the reaosn i always stayed away from buying used nitro cars on ebay was becuase the engines were sometimes toast. Im sure the same thing happens occasionally with the Gas cars. I already plan on buying a 28.5 cc race ported top-end kit when i buy the car, so does that mean even if the engine was a little worn out installing the 28.5cc top-end would be like re-newing the engine?
Old 10-16-2006, 04:14 PM
Rs43EVOman

Well honestly after being used to the quick acceleration of nitro buggies and 1/10th on-roads for 4 years, and after seeing the Baja in person, one without a big-bore and one with a 28.5cc non-ported one, the big-bore kit's power to cost ratio is incredible. they really dont cost all that much, and really deliver the power.

As far as buying new VS used. I was only considering buying used if i cant get the money together. If i can then ill definetly go new even if it means i cant get the big-bore for a little while. After doing a bunch of reasearch, all the R/c and non-R/c stuff im selling should come out to about $950 /w the cash i already have. So it should be enough to get the new, if everything goes to plan.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:04 PM
bryan70546

well i wish you the best of luck getting your baja.hope it all works out for you. right now i am thinking of selling my smt bigfoot and my fg bigfoot and buying the mcd blackline that largescalerc has.just saw it today i like 2 wheel drive but i love 4x4 . bryan
Old 10-16-2006, 05:14 PM
Rs43EVOman

Yah just wondering where do you guys think ill be able to sell my cars for more. ebay or rcuniverse? althought this might sound a little harsh i was thinking Ebay becuase most of the people on there dont know anything about r/c and might pay a little more then the cars worth
Old 10-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Earth Surfer

Back to China. The problem I have seen is a bigger picture than most of us look at. The small picture is our wallets, and a good price for something is hard to resist--I know. Everybody understands that. The bigger picture is companies like HPI and after market companies get the shaft when people knock them off, or sell for prices where nobody makes any money. I have seen bigger companies for peds knock off parts (and engines, like the CY engines are a knock off of the Zen engines) and sell them cheaper. They can sell them cheaper because they did not have to use their brains, resources, or money to develope the product and probably have slave labor in China (for example) make the product. They simply knocked it off and took a short cut. The result has been that innovative companies shy away from developing new products, because if it is a good product, and it starts selling somebody will knock them off in a matter of months, and they may not see a profit to cover the costs of devloping products. That does not move us forward with innovation, and with peds, there have been streaches of 2 years, where nobody came out with anything new. But the knock off guys got rich. Thats great.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:43 PM
Rs43EVOman

Sorry if you made your post random on purpose, but we werent talking about bying knockoff's we were talking about getting good deals on brand name cars. When we do this the companies like HPI dont make any less money.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:19 PM
J_D

smartech traveller is an FG knock off....
Old 10-17-2006, 09:42 PM
mcstarr25

i wouldnt trust that
Old 02-28-2008, 10:02 AM
mdl76
My Feedback: (5)

I try my best to buy stuff that has the most to do with made in America.
Its people like those that shop made in china. com who are contributing to the US economic fall (or the fall of whatever country your in).

WAKE UP EVERYONE!
Old 02-28-2008, 12:53 PM
tizdaz

sorry but i actually LOL'd irl when i read the topic "Made In China" .com \o/

this is enuff for me to say "kkthxbye" ^^

lol