Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Feel like im the pain in the butt on this forum

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Feel like im the pain in the butt on this forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 12:46 AM
DarkZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feel like im the pain in the butt on this forum

Cant believe i have another question to bother you guys, I did alot of search, and I couldnt really think if I am right about this.

My damn Zenoah G260RC is not starting anymore.....

Got the car on monday, started it a few times with no luck, thought I flood the engine, so I full throttled it with chock flat, and it started, worked fine, finished the first tank. now today is the second day, I brought it to the park and started it as usual, warmed up, and ran it a few times with different throttle, everything was fine until somehow the motor just keep stall, so i let it cool down for a while and tried again, started, but i have to keep the throttle around 30% to keep it running, but then it dies again, so i went home, and tried to start it again with no throttle, no luck..... then i gave full throttle, it starts and dies right away.... after 15-20 times pull, im have no luck at all..... pulled the spark plug out, it is a bit wet, not too much though, and i pulled the engine with the plug out to see if theres any sparks. no sign of any sparks, could it be the spark plug? this motor is only 1 day old.... am I doing something wrong here? [:@]

Although I am going to order a bigger engine before this weekend, but im still trying to figure out whats with this one, please guys, I really appreciate your suggestions.[]

if anyone in local could give me a hand to look at it that would be great! I dont think the RC shops here can help me....[]
Old 10-25-2006, 12:57 AM
J_D

Default RE: Feel like im the pain in the butt on this forum

try a new spark plug.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:02 AM
Timmahh
Banned

the search function here works as well as sandra burnheart winning the miss coppertone contest. IT DONT.

Dont sweat it, thats what these forums are for.

Yes the spark plug is probably fouled out, get a new one, grab a few so you got one for the shelf. put it in. sounds like your got some rich settings on your needles on the carb.

reset them to what should be stock at 1.5 ( 1 1/2 ) turns out from closed on the H needle, and 1.25 ( 1 1/4 ) on the L needle.

a few questions back to you.

are you useing a 25:1 gas/2cycly oil mix? are you useing Gas or White Gas ( also known as camping fuel )? Stock exhaust or do you have a tuned pipe ( needle settings will vary depending on the pipe you are useing ).
what is your starting procedure.

typically when cold, you should apply the choke, after 2 - 4 pulls the engine should PoP ( or try to fire up ). after the pop, un choke, and pull 2 - 4 times again and it should fire. once running you ll probably need to adjust the 3rd screw which is the idle set screw, its the Largest screw on the carborator next to the H and L needle.
this lil bit of info should help. you did Oil you Pre Filters with Good Tacky Pre Filter oil like Bel Rays Super Tacky Pre Filter Oil? just checking, wont take but 3 minutes to kill an engine if dirt gets into it.

Timmahh
Old 10-25-2006, 01:14 AM
DarkZZ

First i want to thank you guys for such fast reply,

second is my answers to Timmahh,

I did run the 25:1 oil/gas, 91 octane with Maxima Castor 2 cycle oil.
Everything on the car is stock, FG Stadium Hummer

My starting procedure: Choke flat (actaully it was always on), starts, (I dont think I un chock it after running), warm up, run it.... theres alot of smokes comming out, I do think Im running rich......[] But i thought thats normal for the first few tanks......? I never adjust any screw on it (probably scared of touching anything), I just use my controller to set the throttle abit higher to keep it idling.

I start to smell something wrong on my procedure already
Old 10-25-2006, 02:10 AM
bryan70546
My Feedback: (4)

is this how you are doing your start with the choke look at the pics 5th post down http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4896794/tm.htm
Old 10-25-2006, 02:14 AM
DarkZZ

oopss[:-] thats completely the oppsite way I understood the on/off position.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:17 AM
bryan70546

guess we found your problem
Old 10-25-2006, 02:25 AM
DarkZZ

I did felt theres something wrong with that chock on/off thing, never thought it would be that much trouble so i left it off, It just gives me an easier start when i had the chock off, when its on, that thing doesnt pop at all.... I hope i didnt mess up the engine?
Old 10-25-2006, 02:31 AM
bryan70546

just put in a new plug ,make sure you have fuel in the bulb,choke it ,lever should be down just like in the pics ,pull it a few times till you here it pop or want to start,un choke it lever should be level ,pull a few times it should start ,the plug you have now will probly still work try it first ,probly did not mess up the engine.using the choke just make it real easy to start.good luck ,and your not being a pain ,this is why we have the forums to help each other out.bryan
Old 10-25-2006, 02:36 AM
DarkZZ

thanks man! at least I can feel better before i go to bed now, damn its 130am here

you guys rocks!
Old 10-25-2006, 02:41 AM
bryan70546

2:30 here ,i am headed out the door to work.figured i would check in a see whats going own in the large scale world.keep us updated the start up.let us know if this worked out for ya.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:52 AM
DarkZZ

[8D]yes sir!
Old 10-25-2006, 08:45 AM
huw4027

Some of the nicest people you can find are R/C guys.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:46 AM
lt250dave

[link]http://www.hpiracing.com/movies/baja_instructional_video_final.wmv[/link]

i know this is for a Baja and you have a Hummer but the video is very helpful. give it a watch and see if there is somethin you may have done wrong
Old 10-25-2006, 02:55 PM
DarkZZ

thanx for the vids It250dave

i tired this morning a few times, made sure i had the right procedure, still got no luck[:@], and i cnat find a spark plug that works with this car in the city....i think this weekend is becoming borig again....[]
Old 10-25-2006, 03:35 PM
bigger the better

Try a small engine shop or a place that sells chainsaws, auto parts stores most of he time may stock a couple kinds. CMR7H in the NGK and RZ7C in the Champion = Either work just as well.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:33 PM
bryan70546

probly just the plug , also make sure you prime the fuel bulb,if you want to check the plug , pull it out and pull the cord a few times ,you should see a spark , just make sure you are not touching the plug in your hand or it will shock you[X(] just a little .dont worry will getcha up and running.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:44 PM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

Also since your new i'd tell ya too dump the fuel and remix new fuel @ 32-1 and make darn sure your mix is correct ... because to much oil will throw a wrench into your tuning and running every time ..
But Thats just my opinion ..

good Luck
Old 10-25-2006, 07:20 PM
Timmahh
Banned

i have to say Nay to that. 25:1 ratio is fine. the worst that will happen is the plug will foul out. if he was attempting to start and run with the choke on most the time, then the engine would be seriously flooded, and the plug is probably wet fouled. it should look moist, but not WET or Soaked, if you can SEE GAS, and not just a misting of fuel, then its WAY TO WET. in NO WAY will a 25:1 ratio hurt these engines. there may be a small performance differance, but your a freak, or a fanatic if you can personally notice it. after all, they do Rev higher and work harder than there yardling counterparts. Thats not to say the gas isnt/wasnt bad or had water infiltration. a new gallon would only rule out the possiblilty of the 1st mix being bad, but the 25:1 ratio is what is Recommended by the Manufacturer. Zenoah in this case.

just FYI 25:1 and 32:1 are both a safe oil mixture percentages for these engines. from a 25:1 ratio, 5.2oz of oil to one us gallon of gas is only marginally richer in the oil mixture by .4 oz of oil per gallon as a 32:1 mix is 4.8 oz to 1 us gallon. .4 oz should NOT make a differance. at least not a noticable one, unless your on a track in a race to WIN. then you KNOW your running it lean, and EXPECT to rebuild the engine sooner than later.

Timmahh
Old 10-25-2006, 07:47 PM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

ok thats kewl .. keep it at 25-1 .. it was a opinion on another thing to do !!
Old 10-25-2006, 09:40 PM
DarkZZ

NEWS UPDATES

Guess what! it was the spark plug!!!! I managed to find a lawnmower hospital in the city sells that NGK CMR7H, bought two and went home cranked it with the right steps this time, now she starts again!! woohoo! took it out in the park for an hour, and now we are back home safely.

Timahh, you were right, theres way too much gas in there, i left the engine unplug all afternoon so just the chamber can be dry again, the plug was pretty wet too.

Just want to say MUCH THANKS TO ALL OF YOU GUYS, YOU GUYS MAKE THIS FORUM ROCKS!!! THANK YOU!!!
Old 10-25-2006, 09:59 PM
bryan70546

told you we would get you going.bryan
Old 10-25-2006, 10:02 PM
DarkZZ

I am making a new thread regarding the upgrade lists of parts I am getting, come in and advise me man.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:44 PM
Timmahh
Banned

heh, glad we were able to get you going let us know how the car is. my next 1/5th is probably going to be a F1 from Bergonzoni. need one to go with the Bergonzoni Brave i have and the Baja.
Timmahh
Old 10-25-2006, 11:07 PM
DarkZZ

come and join my new topic man, i need you experts to advise me please