Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Is MCD that bad

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 06:40 PM
warriorking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is MCD that bad

I'm almost ready to get my MCD monster truck so I've been looking around and apart from the two well known sites
almost all the sites I email or phoned here and across the pond to ask why they do not carry MCD they all say the service from
MCD is terrible and parts are hard to get. not only that but they would not honor any warranty on manufacture defects.

This is very disturbing for me because I already completely made my mind up to get one but know I'm having second toughts.
I even wonder if they will ever be around for the long haul to provide parts.
I really don't want to spend over 2000.00 just to get stuck with a paper weight[:'(]
Old 10-28-2006, 08:13 PM
frumpy

Default RE: Is MCD that bad

Hey warrior,have you tried these guys www.largescalerc.com they have alot of different mcd parts
Old 10-28-2006, 08:17 PM
Bigboytoys
My Feedback: (5)

I have a mcd monster truck and I don't have any problems finding or getting parts for it. there are a couple guys in the states that sell parts and across the pond too, which I have ordered few parts from the other side of the pond and I have never had any problems and shipping time was about five days.

So I don't know why there is a few guys on here that keep saying that you can't get parts. unless they just have bad luck! I would say go for the MCD, they are a awesome machine, well built too. I have yet to break any thing on mine.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:26 PM
2 deep

Hi warriorking the MCD is going to be hard to get real feedback about because the company MCD is just starting to get a reputation now. There has been this problem with support and your right there is very little at the moment, but this will change because no company likes to loose money. All that aside its still a well built car so you should'nt need so many parts anyway. When you look about the reason i think you don't see alot of shops selling the MCD is because of $$$$$ or the lake of it, these cars are not cheep for us or the retailer and lets face it, its all about the $$$ for them so they can continue giving us more of what we want.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:39 PM
RC_chaos

I've had nitro trucks, FG monster trucks, an HPI Baja, and an MCD monster truck. Out of all of these, the MCD monster is the best vehicle that I've ever owned. I've been dealing with [link=http://www.largescalerc.com]LargeScaleRC[/link] and they have vehicles and parts in stock. They shipped my vehicle (ready to run) within 24 hours. They installed the motor, radio & servo's, and even painted my body. I haven't needed many parts, other than gears to have more variety depending on the terrain that I'm running on.

The MCD is really unique because it is 4 wheel drive. This thing is unbelievable. It will climb anything and go through just about any terrain.

I'm not sure why MCD is getting bad lip from other people. I've read nothing but good about MCD.

Good luck with your decision. Your choice shouldn't be too difficult if you have the $$$ to close the deal.

P.S. Get a 29cc or 30.5cc motor in the truck. These motors provide LOTS of torque which is needed with a 4x4 vehicle.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:23 AM
original.mb

warriorking,

i had the new version mcd untill some swine stole it [>:] in my opinion mcd is under-rated especially by people that don't know much about it??? some people seem to think that no advertising means its no good when in fact its way tuffer than fg/baja or any other large-scale out there the engineering is well thought out and it has a real solid design that supports its 4x4 shaft drive. the new version that i had incorporated all the best of the 2 old options and some small revised bits to improve overall performance and drive. don't forget its true 1/5 scale so it drawfs the fg mt and any other large-scale out there.

usa seems to be the only place where people are struggling to get parts? but that doesn't mean ytou can't source them? just means you have to order from overseas, simon at www.sbracing.co.uk carrys them and ships worldwwide so at least if you can't source stuff from the states you have a good supplier over here in the u.k.

one of the many advanteges of the mcd is its braking system that is so efficient you will never need to upgrade it or have hydros as its works similiar to the discs on the drive train shaft like nitros but the new improved mcd mt braking system is bullet proof. also you have a waterproof radio box, lockable diffs, adjustable alloy shocks the list goes on and on

basically the mcd is the business get one and you will love it, try not to listen to the negative talk as it has no basis and parts/upgrades can be sourced despite what people say.

i hope to have one again hopefully by new year
Old 10-30-2006, 01:39 PM
warriorking

Guy's I appreciate all the feed back. I'm not saying the truck is not good is just the fact that it seems they don't provide after sale support.
It could not be a fluke that the sites I check, gave the same reason why they don't carry MCD. I really like this truck and I'm glad that actual users are contributing to this thread.
Maybe its getting better and thats all I want

http://www.rc-car-online.de/htstarteng.htm
http://www.rcnutshobbies.com/cart.cg...=0&child=28199

They dont carry MCD and a couple more tha I can't remember.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:08 PM
hellya

ORIGINAL: warriorking

Guy's I appreciate all the feed back. I'm not saying the truck is not good is just the fact that it seems they don't provide after sale support.
It could not be a fluke that the sites I check, gave the same reason why they don't carry MCD. I really like this truck and I'm glad that actual users are contributing to this thread.
Maybe its getting better and thats all I want

http://www.rc-car-online.de/htstarteng.htm
http://www.rcnutshobbies.com/cart.cg...=0&child=28199

They dont carry MCD and a couple more tha I can't remember.
RC Nuts did carry the MCD vehicles , I was thinking about doing the same about a year ago.... but for the reasons you mentioned RC nuts quite carring their line.

Not to mention the USA $1500 price tag for a rolling chassis [&:] no engine, radio or tunepipe.....and then you have to modify your engine to mount it
Old 10-30-2006, 02:30 PM
Bigboytoys

try these guys, I know they sell the monster truck. http://www.gpracing.de/index.php?osC...445f5c82554fb3
Old 10-30-2006, 05:30 PM
2 deep

Hi worriorking try WWW. MOGATECH.de these guys sell all there trucks with a engine included in the price,[:-] so that's one less thing you have to think about.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:15 PM
hellya

ORIGINAL: 2 deep

Hellya can you tell us where in germany we can get the MCD at this cheaper price. Thanks
thats what Ive been telling people

Here you can find it with a 26cc Zenoah:
http://www.mogatech.de/modellbau/pro...oducts_id=1556

The price is € 1449 including 16% German VAT, that should end up as € 1250 excluding VAT
And That is for the Pro Line Monster Truck.

The Black Line should be around €200 cheaper
Old 11-04-2006, 05:55 PM
UK Will

ORIGINAL: original.mb

warriorking,

i had the new version mcd untill some swine stole it [>:] in my opinion mcd is under-rated especially by people that don't know much about it??? some people seem to think that no advertising means its no good when in fact its way tuffer than fg/baja or any other large-scale out there the engineering is well thought out and it has a real solid design that supports its 4x4 shaft drive. the new version that i had incorporated all the best of the 2 old options and some small revised bits to improve overall performance and drive. don't forget its true 1/5 scale so it drawfs the fg mt and any other large-scale out there.

usa seems to be the only place where people are struggling to get parts? but that doesn't mean ytou can't source them? just means you have to order from overseas, simon at www.sbracing.co.uk carrys them and ships worldwwide so at least if you can't source stuff from the states you have a good supplier over here in the u.k.

one of the many advanteges of the mcd is its braking system that is so efficient you will never need to upgrade it or have hydros as its works similiar to the discs on the drive train shaft like nitros but the new improved mcd mt braking system is bullet proof. also you have a waterproof radio box, lockable diffs, adjustable alloy shocks the list goes on and on

basically the mcd is the business get one and you will love it, try not to listen to the negative talk as it has no basis and parts/upgrades can be sourced despite what people say.

i hope to have one again hopefully by new year
By New Year? I don't know the ins and outs of the situation, but if say I left my MT-5 with my LHS to get something fixed and after leaving it in there care it was stolen I'd hope they'd reimburse me for the loss, or I don't think I'd use them again, that's for sure...
Old 11-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Bigboytoys

Hellya, where on mogatech web site does it say that the engine is included for that price?
Old 11-04-2006, 06:28 PM
UK Will

Good question! I think someone contacted them and confirmed it came with an engine, must have been in another thread. Over £968 at the current exchange rate, not cheap...
Old 11-05-2006, 02:46 PM
original.mb

uk will

not quite sure what you mean dude? the lhs in question was insured and they are ordering me a new one with the exact same stuff it had, when i said i hope i get it by new year i was being in-patient as its such a top ride i can't wait to get it back and running. not sure what your trying to imply about sb racing but they've been 1st class for me and have always looked after my rides and parts.

uk will quote 'or I don't think I'd use them again, that's for sure...'

uk will its not sb racings fault that my ride got stolen??? so why would i hold it against sb racing??? what sort of attitude is that? i hold the theives that took it responsable[>:]
Old 11-05-2006, 03:30 PM
hellya

ORIGINAL: Bigboytoys

Hellya, where on mogatech web site does it say that the engine is included for that price?

In this thread on 10-10-2006 there was a engine included in the price, Jrexa supplied the link.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4849021/tm.htm

When I posted the link to this thread on 10-30-2006 there was still a 26cc engine included in the price......Now its gone...

Peer Preasure??? Someone got mad or he sold all of them quick
Old 11-05-2006, 08:05 PM
UK Will

So it doesn't come with an engine any more? It's a rubbish price now then! And they're one of the distributors in Germany so you'd think they could set their own price.

Monster.mb, going off what you said it sounded like you were having to save up for another one saying about hopefully getting one by new year! I said I wouldn't be happy if I wasn't reimbursed, but since you are that's afir enough, but since it sounded like you weren't I was stating I didn't see why you should lose out because they were broken in to, which certainly wasn't your fault!